VIII

Change

Seven stories.

Yongguk. Climbed. Seven stories.

Carrying you bridal style.

By the time you reached his door, you know it. Yongguk was dead tired, on his knees panting for life as you fumbled with his keys.

“I told you to let me down like three floors ago” you mumbled as the heavy door drew back.

“Your” a cough “wish” a wheeze ”was my command” he replied, bile pooling at the pit of his stomach. He’s gonna vomit any minute.

“Go get changed. I’ll make something for you” you ordered him as he raced past you towards a bedroom.

With no time to waste, you began towards the kitchen. Searching with haste what could be in the cupboards, you found some ramen and frozen tteokbeokki rice cakes in the freezer. Ramen and tteokbeokki it is then. Bringing a pot of water to the boil on the stove, you began preparing whatever you could find.

Guilt ate away at you. He’s sick because he’s stubborn, but it started because of you. Why did you agree to him carrying you up the stairs? Always a pain in the for everyone. Always.

“Your existence is a pain in the !”

Tears welled up in your eyes as you sliced the spring onion, carrots and some cabbage. The water boiling bought you to your senses as you boiled the rice cakes. Mixing the paste for tteokbeokki in another bowl didn’t stop those word biting back at you and your eyes welled up again.

A choked sob left your lips as your wipe your tears. “Get a grip Danbi” you told yourself as you set the Tteobeokki to boil and started on the ramen. You finally took note of his apartment; similar to his studio. Minimalist, simple but black. Minimalistc trends can appear uncomfortable at times, but his selection was rather pristine.

It took Yongguk fifteen minutes, a quick shower and the man was out with a towel around his neck as he dried it. Droplets of water dotting his sun kissed skin like diamonds in the light.

“I think you should take a shower” Yongguk smiled. Despite the oddness of his proposal, somehow is didn’t seem to allude the dirty meaning one would associate with such statements. He meant what he said.

“Can I have a change of clothes please?”

“Sure.” He began towards the kitchen, eyes opening at the food on the stove. “Um, Actually, my wardrobe is there, take your pick” he finally looked up to you.

“Are you sure that’s okay?”

“I don’t know your preference” You nodded and picked up your things “Want me to make the Ramen?”

“Mr.Bang’s delicacy, how can I say no” you smirked as you walked towards his room “I’ll be out soon~” you replied in a sing-song voice, a chuckle leaving the kitchen satisfied you.

Despite the cold shower you felt refreshed. Is this what it would be like to date him? Wait, what are you thinking?! You barely know him and our talking about dating him.

Well, there is an undeniable attraction with him so. . .

You walked out of the bathroom in his clothes, stealing a pair of cotton track pants and a tee-shirt of his. “You look good in my clothes”

“Your pants are too big” you whined as the waist band kept slipping despite pulling the drawstring tight.

“Naww, you’re just tiny” he sing-songed.

You scoffed. “Says the one who nearly died in the stairs”

“Still as light as a feather” he called before binging the pot of Tteokbeokki onto the dining table. He had already set the table with the ramen too. A smile played at his lips and eyes sparkle at the mass of food infront of him. Digging into the food as if he were eating for the first time ever, Yongguk thoroughly enjoyed your cooking. The occasional “yum” and “woah” filled the air between the slurping of noodles and chewing of sticky rice cakes.

Mr.Bang’s delicacy; Burn Garlic Ramen wasn’t burnt, in fact it was pretty good at it, to the point where even the poached egg was poached to perfection. Compliments on one another’s cooking flew everywhere, and the blush tinging the tips of the couple’s ears didn’t go unnoticed.

“Do we still have those books from the library?” you asked as you chewed on your last rice cake

Yongguk nodded as he slurped up the final remains of ramen. “Are you thinking of what I’m thinking?”

“The perfect rainy day activity, yes.”

“Like minds think alike” a smile danced his lip, until he looked up to see you staring. “What? Too handsome of a view?”

“I thought I was the only one who used that”

“You use proverbs too?”

“And idioms. And quotes.”

“Okay you’re nerdier than me”

“I take pride in my nerdiness” you finished as you picked up the dishes to take back to the kitchen.

“I’ll do the dishes, you’ve graced me with great food today”

“We cooked together, it’s a team effort.” You smiled while turning the tap on “So let’s do dishes together”

A knock on the balcony window in the living room halted you. The black silhouette of two people appeared behind the sheer curtain. Thundery skies didn’t help as the silhouette appeared creepier than usual.

Braving Forward, Yongguk walked towards the window. Pulling the curtain aside a familiar sight greeted you. An exhausted sigh leaves your lips, not this again. You called out to Yongguk, stopping the man in his tracks as you came beside him to open the door. “I’ll handle this” you assured him and opened the door. A gust of wind and whiplashing rain hit your torso leaving streaks of water down the loaned clothing..

One of the two tall bodyguards stepped forward, immaculate black attire brushed with his hands to neaten up the slightest of creases, despite dripping wet. “Miss Danbi, we are sent to check if you’re safe in the storm”

“Seeing me alive and well, what do you think my situation is like?”

“That you’re. Okay?”

“Then why are you standing around soaking the carpet”

“Um…” the man in black was lost for words.

“We’ll take that as our cue to leave” the second body guard spoke up. “I told you we shouldn’t have come” he hissed to the first.

“I never told you two could stay” you bit back. “You’re ruining his carpet.” you gestured them out with a flick of our head. “Oh yeah. Tell him to forget me.” You called behind the men as they climb back up the rope ladder they came down from. Just as expected, a helicopter flew away with the dangling men slowly making their way up.

You sighed as you closed the door, Yongguk’s carpet now wet, your clothes wet. A slow clap sounded form behind you. The tall man stood strong with a broad smile plastered to his lips.

“May I ask an evasive question?”

You sighed “You know I can’t answer who’s daughter I am-”

“May I court you?” His question took you back. “I don’t care whose daughter you are, but If you’d allow me, I’d like to court you” he finished. You breathed in the breath you forgot you held. Yongguk’s eyes sincere as he waited for your answer. They didn’t hide his heart pounding in his ears, desperate to know your thoughts.

You already are courting me Yongguk

 

__________________________________________________

And here we have the longest chapter of this story so far at 1230 words.
So sorry for my hiatus. News of Yongguk's panic disorder and break from promotional activities reminded me of this story again.
Comments your thoughts. I'd love to know what you all think so far.
I'll be updating more frequently as of November. I have alot planned in store, stay tuned!