XXI

Change

Dropping to the floor as Yongguk covered you, screams rang through the air as glass rained. Bodyguards rushing in to get clients out safely between the crossfire were caught falling to the floor pooling the floors with blood. Panic rang through the event as the dancefloor was caught in the middle of the crossfire where only you and Yongguk were caught in. Tables were pulled up acting as barriers between the three sides.

“Why am I not surprised at that” you muttered. The fact parties have had this set up was all the more a reason to not attend; y traps were a given. There really was no way to escape this life.

Yongguk’s body was shaking yet he hovered over you as protection. A small pang of guilt filled your chest, Yongguk never knew what he got himself into. Turning your head over to Yongguk you carefully whispered in his ear. “Do you know how to use a gun?”

Yongguk pulled back as shock filled eyes widened at the statement, he shook his head no. A particularly loud bang close to you two cause him to drop again. “Listen. I need you to reach down my left thigh and pull out the gun of my garter, we need to get out of here. Shooting is just like how it is in the movies, and if you can’t shoot then you can still hit someone pretty good with the of the gun.”

Yongguk stiffened for a moment before his husky voice same out. “I said I’d protect you” he whispered as his warm hand slid down your thigh, grabbing the cold revolver out from the lace ensemble. You forgot you were holding your breath, and grabbed the second revolver from your right garter. You rubbed circles on his chest with your palm to calm his racing heart.

“Roll back, I want you to cover my back”. A flat palm against Yongguk’s chest pushed him onto his back. Kneeling up you shot at the table firing from the 2 o’clock positon while Yongguk shakily took his chances at the bastards at 7 o’clock. Bloodshed behind the tables caused screams of pain as blood slowly seeped to stain cream flooring with the thick liquid of your attackers. You both had shot people. Thank goodness no one died. Pushing yourself off Yongguk you helped your shaken husband to his feet.

Hongseok walked out from behind the third table and called for backup, with a frown on his face as he made his way into the middle and thundered as the hotel staff flooded in. A single look to Yongguk spoke words you didn’t quite catch.

“Let’s go home.” Yongguk’s lips grazed your ear and you shook the intimacy off with a nod. As he held you close on your way to the taxi stand. Yongguk’s words rang through your mind in the silent car ride home.

I said I’d protect you

As the shock of the night began to wear thin, you finally realised this man was so true to his word. Putting your needs before his, this man was shooting at people and protected you despite being as scared as you were. Making sure you were okay, Yongguk made you feel respected and cared for.

Is this what it feels like to be loved?

“I almost lost you”. You gaped at Yongguk for saying the same thing at the same time. A soft chuckle left his lips while your lips spread into a small smile as the doors of the elevator opened.

Pulling out the keys you repeated yourself. “I almost lost you tonight Yongguk”. The door opened and you felt Yongguk’s arms snaking around your waist from behind, nestled comfortably on your soft velvet dress. “I still can’t come to terms with that…We nearly died tonight.”

Yongguk’s chest vibrated against your back as he snickered. “If I had died I would have returned as a ghost and haunted anyone who tried to chase you after I had left”

“I love how you can joke about haunting the Earth right now” you laughed as you slipped off your studs, pretending Yongguk isn’t holding onto you from behind. “There’s no need to haunt the earth, I’ll grow old and wrinkly all alone”

Thick eyebrows furrowed as nimble fingers worked on the clasp of the necklace, Yongguk’s arm s around to place the jewellery on the dresser. “Hmm… as a ghost, fifty shades of cat hair doesn’t sound so unappealing”

Meeting his playful eyes in the mirror your voiced dripped sarcasm. “Oh, so ”, warming up to his joke you curl your fingers and playfully “rawr” along, breaking his lips into a full blown smile.

“” you could hear his smirk as he shrugged that black suit jacket off.

“Says the mastermind” you retorted. A moment of silence passed as you stared back at the woman leaning over to look into the dressing table mirror. Clad in a red velvet maxi dress that clung to her curves perfectly with red stained lips hiding pearly white teeth, she felt so naughty.

A firm pair of arms grasped her from behind but you kept staring at the woman in the mirror as her partner left a trail of wet kisses down her neckline. You watched as she leaned back into her partner’s touch, mouth slightly ajar as she experienced his electric touch before he paused to nuzzle into the crook of her neck.

“Thank God I’m alive and well for this moment we have right now” he sighed.

Yongguk had his way of making you feel so at peace, and he also had a way to mixing dreams and reality into one. “We could have lost what we never had” you whispered.

“Which is why I’m going to start.” The man in the mirror growled as he looked up. “Starting at the woman in the mirror”. A gasp escaped your lips as he spin you around, the man in the mirror was your partner, your man.

Your Yongguk.  

“You have no idea what this dress made me want to do. ing hell you look so hot.” Yongguk whispered before biting your earlobe to plant kiss along your jaw line “Are you seeing how hot you are” his hot breath tickled your bare neck at a particularly sensitive spot.

“Do you think the woman in the mirror is better than the woman you wake up beside everyday?”

Lips curved into a smile on your neck. “Honestly I’d make love to that hot messy woman in my bed everyday, but when her lips are the colour of sin and her curves fill my hands as if they were sculpted for me I want to her right there and then.” Lusty black eyes stared back at you hotly, there was no mirror to disrupt you there and then. Gently slipping your fingers around his suspender straps, drawing him closer as you spoke your heart under his fiery gaze.

“There’s difference between loving and ing” you spoke quietly, foreheads gently touching. “Getting pleasure is ing… But expressing my heart to be yours, physically, emotionally and mentally: that’s love.” You pulled back, a sad smile graced your lips.

An arm hooked around your waist as dark lusty orbs flickered with the same emotion of love you saw on your wedding day. “Even as the epitome of a goddess I’d make love and worship the woman in front of me” he breathed. “And not showing her my love would have been my biggest regret, had I died tonight”. A simple kiss on the forehead stirred something warm inside you. All the burden of your emotions suddenly lifted off your shoulders, Yongguk had opened up a dam of emotions. “My question still stands, my lady.”

Yongguk’s words from earlier crept into your mind.

tu aurais envie de faire l'amour ce soi?

Ghosting your lips over his you whispered your answer, to be pulled into a gentle loving kiss.

____

A.N. Finally.