XXVII

Change

A drained Mr.Bang melted into his wifes’ back. All the while you held the reins of the noble steed and slowly, went towards the direction said husband had had emerged from with said horse. The push and pull of the waves lulled the pair into a peaceful silence, at this point the beauty around them was enough to occupy their minds.

Before his bride leaned into him, now he leans on her.
Supposedly this is the magic of marriage, to be a pillar in one’s life without and helping one another through thick and thin. Reality of this moment was taking time to sink in, a mix of emotions and thoughts were left to be deciphered.

The sky continued it stunning display, amber orange and pink danced in the clouds slowly as the golden ball of fire finally began to set beyond the horizon. The gentle warmth of the sun faded, bringing about a subtle cold. Purple danced on the lower clouds as the pale blue backdrop of sky grew darker. However the dance of pink and orange grew stronger on the higher clouds in the sky.

Somehow, this seemed to represent Danbi’s reality all too well. It seemed a day have ended over her head with darkness that seemed to have no apparent end. However the wonder and mystery of the dancing orange and amber in the expanse of darkening sky was all that had her attention. Soon this attention would turn toward the stars in the sky, or the lone moon reflecting it’s light on the ocean; whichever came first really. Despite the darkness and uncertainty, it seemed her love, strength and will power was all that could get her though, and it was all that truly shone in this these ephemeral moments of life. This is all that had gotten her through life so far, it seemed she had realised the a  new height of strength and will today.

Yongguk nuzzled into his brides' back after the ever-glowing sun’s disappearance bought about greater cold in the breeze. Atop the innocent beast was a man relying on the pillar of his life, for the very first time. Also feeling like an absolute failure. Too many thoughts tempted to cross Yongguk’s mind, which didn’t get the chance to rise his anxieties, who was finding so much peace relying on someone who had crossed a border no one in his life had. Despite how tiny her back was, she was upright and holding him while maintaining control of the gentle beast, keeping a consistent and relaxed pace.

Warmth, a warmth rushed all over his body as he held his bride closer. Was this from her body, her heart, her mind or her soul? Somehow, snuggling into her frame bought so much solace. A mother’s embrace would lull a child to sleep, but an embrace with his love bought on so many emotions, eminent peace and ease of the mind was undoubted…but for how long? He didn’t want to question. Her hair dancing in his face, tickling his neck with the gentlest touch. Her scent mixed would disgrace the best attar in the world, even with sea salt added in the mix. This moment he had, in peace, with her, is all he cared about.

Your own resolve surprised you, perhaps this resolve and strength you had fronted at this moment is ephemeral. Alike the moment of sunset, the desire to remain in the moment and savour the beauty among the comfort of this moment was greater than anything you’ve ever experienced. This could be done? The same warmth on your back felt a little nicer than before, the same cold breeze on your front, the gentle clip clop of hooves and push and pull of waves, salt spray on lips and hair; it was all the same, but different to before.
To indulge in precious moments in life, and to savour moments seemed to be two different things now. To indulge in moments meant the sands of time can slip by with nothing to fear. To savour every moment, one wishes to hold onto every grain of sand for as long as possible, perhaps that’s why the pressure of valuing time makes things come to an end faster.

You knew, neither of you wanted things to end.

Leaning back and savouring the moment with one another, a quiet whisper left your lips, uncaring of hearing ears. “Let us enjoy this journey together, my love.” For as long as the equine beast gently rocks you two towards your destination, You had decided to indulge in your emotions and this moment. Warm, innocent, pure.

If there is a God out there, Yongguk mentally thanked him for bringing this woman into his life, and blessing him with such a gift in life.

______

Author's Note:

A slightly shorter chapters.
I didn't want the depth of thought to overwhelm readers. 
Nor alter the pace of the story. 
As an apology, please accept my double update.