XXIII

Change

Sweet songs of birds filled the air as sunlight bathed your husband’s tattooed shoulder. The curve of his broad body against the white sheets put to shame the best sculptures as the sun kissed his golden back.

You took in the serenity on his face before tracing his features with a gentle digit. Delicate touches over his eyes, nose, lips, smoothing over those apple cheeks and under that jawline. Rough skin and his even breath fanning out over your hand were the only signs of him being human. “If you keep looking at me like that I might just fall for you even more honey” he teased with his eyelashes fanning out over his cheek, morning voice deep and hoarse.

“Boop” you sounded as you poked his beauty mark on the nose. Squinting an eye Yongguk asked what that was. “The Reset button. Boop” you giggled as you poked him again. A playful smirk crept it’s way ono his face.

“Time to find my reset button” and like that Yongguk began poking your sides, starting a tickle fight. Slim digits attacked your sides and underarms trying to find that spot. Fingers crept up to your neck and you tucked in your chin. “Found it” and you lost. You laughed freely as your husband hovered over you, continuing his childish attack on your body. Plum lips curled into a broad grin while laughing at the sight of his happy wife basking in the sunlight. Yongguk slowly stopped his antics and watched you catch your breath.

I never thought I’d like you so much, Bang Yongguk. Your heart sang innocently while the odd giggle slipped through your lips. Gleaming into twinkly brown eyes as a dimpled smile spread across his lips, here you were in familiar position from a few hours ago as Yongguk dipped his head to capture your lips in an innocent kiss, before pulling back. “Reset to a lazy morning” he sighed before plopping down onto the pillows

“I like the sound of that but first turn over” you commanded. Flipping onto his back, you took your cue and cuddled into your man. You head resting on his shoulder and a hand on his firm chest. Curious fingers traced he patterns of his statement tattoo.

V…

I…

V…

A…

Fingers twirled in spirals at the curves of the alphabets imprinted before you, blank ink tainting sun-kissed skin grew bumpy with goose bumps. Brown s stood erect form the cold and your fingers dancing on his chest. Pulling the cream duvet up to trap the heat of your tangled bodies, your man sighed.

“Never thought there would come a day where you’d be clingy”

You made to move up “If you don’t like it I’ll just-”. Yongguk pulled you gown and tangled his legs with your while embracing you

“Move and inch and I’ll reset the morning again” his nuzzled into temple. “How are you feeling?”

“A little sore, but good. How about you, darling?” you leaned back to look at him.

“Like wise. Sore, and good.” He returned a small smile. The close proximity had you feeling all warm and comfortable. Never before had you been this intimate with a ious partner. Nothing compared to the moment you shared right here, right now.

There was love, and there was respect. So much respect for this loving being in front of you. You gazed at his beauty marks, the way those thick lips pursed thin when he smiled broadly, the hint of green indicting upcoming stubble dancing on his chin and upper lip. You looked at the way his tousled hair fell over his eyes, as his gaze was fixed on your face glowing in the sunlight. The curve of his jaw you kissed was imprinted onto your mind and bought fresh memories of last night.

“Show me your tattoos” you voiced.

“Haven’t you seen them all?”

“There’s this box one I saw last night, but I wasn’t sure if I saw right. I like that one most” You pointed to his right bicep tattoo. “Make Art, Not War”

“the square one is a self-portrait of John Lennon.” He smiled.

“I want to look it again”

“You’ll have to get off my shoulder for that”

“No thanks, I’d rather look at your face.” You pulled your tongue out at him

“Who are you and what have you done to my wife” he laughed. “I never thought in 24 hours I would see my wife being a complete badass, vixen and an angel.”

“A Vixen?”

“You, my love. Are wild in bed.”

“I, an innocent being is a vixen.”

“Want to try me like last night-”

“Control yourself Yongguk”

“Again” he imitted you and you hid your face

“Stoooop~~”

“Baby” your man lowered his voice an octave. “There is nothing holding me back”

“Boop” you pressed his beauty mark on the cheek, halting his actions. “Reset”

“We’ll see about that” Was the last thing you heard before Yongguk flipped you your back. The playful glint in his eyes was back as he surprised you by blowing raspberries in the curve of your neck. Unadulterated laughter ripped through the air at the sensation. Your hands slid up to his hairy underarms to retaliate causing him to pull back with a squeaky laugh. A tangle of limbs and laughter, your chests heaved as you two caught your breath, the odd giggle escaping at the sigh of a tired lover.

“Well, we need to get cleaned up,” your man pondered as he walked over to the bathroom. “Let’s save the planet and bathe together hmm” he tilted his head to the side. Getting out of bed. Cold morning air on your skin was all the more a reason to stay put in place. “If you don’t get up I’ll carry you out of bed myself” the man in charge called as your heard the bath water running.

You were interrupted from your morning as your phone rang from the side table. Sighing you picked up the phone on speaker “Do you even sleep?” you didn’t bother hiding your morning voice.

“Good morning madam” Jongup voiced, the rose haired man’s voice was as soft as ever when his next statement came out. “You’re not too sore are you?” you flushed and Yongguk stilled at the bedroom door.

“Why would I be sore?” you questioned.

“I was told to check up on your condition. They knew you wouldn’t answer them so I had to call. ” He explained. “Mr.Bang pulled you onto the ground quite harshly, the boss wasn’t happy with how he saw Mr.Bang handle the situation”. You looked at your husband listening to the conversation intently, so it wasn’t nice to hear it but this is a learning experience for both you and Yongguk.

“The old geezer still doesn’t get that I don’t want to be a part of that world, does he?” you sighed. 

“Even if he does madam, he doesn’t care.”

“Thanks for the consolation Jongup” you scoffed. “The only thing that’s sore is you, you sore loser.” Yongguk snickered quietly next to you, at least someone is on your side.

“Good to know you’re well as can be madam.” The rose haired man chirped before hanging up.

“I’m a man of my word honey” was the last thing you heard before strong arms slid under you. Lifted into the air bridal style and your arms instinctively wrapped themselves around his neck.

“This is so unfair” you whined. “Saturdays are meant to be spent sleeping in”                            

“Change of plan, I’m taking you out on a date today.” You eyes him suspiciously, every last date you’ve had wasn’t really a ‘date .

“An actual date. Riiight.”