III

Change

Free of judgement

Free of fear.

Simply in the music.

Here, the mood was being created, you had to do something to be a part of the scene. And once you tried, you’d be part of the high.

People jumping and cheering, drinks being spilt without a care, water being sprayed at everyone.

Junhong had come on stage and was dancing too.

You jumped in time, eyes closed. Drowning your soul in the music. The music made your heart pound, Yongguk’s craft made you taste a high like never before.

You truly forgot the world in that moment.

“I don’t see your hands up” he roared. Opening your eyes you see him looking down at you with an unreadable gaze. He was watching you. Water sprayed onto you, a wet streak across your torso and your hair now a little wet giving a glimpse of your bralet. You mentally thanked Youngjae.

Everyone danced to the final song as you two looked at one another. A smile crept its way onto your lips, he recognised you. Bang Yongguk recognised you.

You broke him out of his trance. Shooting his million-dollar smile at you again he was back to controlling the crowd, bringing the show to a fantastic close.

As soon as the show ended, Yongguk thanked the crowd and clean up started almost immediately. Himchan seemed to keep fangirling over Yongguk’s beats from tonight as well as complimenting some of the girls that showed up. You just listened and agreed with the man at times, learning more and more about this handsome, one of a kind character. He seemed like a sweet guy.

“Likewise. Thank you for your company tonight”. Himchan laughed while still looking over your shoulder, backing towards Junhong, the two tall friends leaving the event together.

A hand gently gripped your shoulder. “Hey” the owner of the hand and gummy smile looked down at you. “Um, thanks for coming to the show” he smiled, hand rubbing his nape as he awkwardly greeted you.

“My pleasure, thank you for the invite” you smiled back at him. , you’re smiling at Yongguk and he’s smiling back at you what do you do?

“So, how are you getting home?” he broke the trance, leaning back with hands sliding into his pockets

“I’m driving” you replied. Then you got an idea. “I know it’s late but I’m hungry. Would you like to go get a meal with me, you look drained” you laughed nervously worrying about his impression.

“Sounds like a plan. Let’s go” he replied while gesturing for ‘ladies first” towards the exit.

“Goodness they’re packing up fast.” you commented as he guided you towards the exit

“Yeah, they have to” boy sighed

“Why though? They usually finish up the following morning” you wondered out loud.

“This isn’t legal”. You stopped in your tracks, what the . “Let me explain-”

“Boy if you used me you’re ed” warning coating your tone.

“I don’t even know you are what the heck are you on about” he bit back surprised that you cussed.

You paused, deliberating whether to trust him or not. “Fine, continue” you waved at him before approaching your car.

“You’re on a plot.” He began as he opened the door to the passenger seat tossing himself in. “Legally there should be no construction here until the council consents” He finished as he buckled himself in.

“Is building consent as important as consent for hosting such a large event?” you asked as you carefully backed your car out.

“Nope, but if there’s no trace of the event except possible complaints, we’re good” he smirked

“You’re crazy” you laughed in disbelief.

“I play pretty safe” he smirked holding back his laugh.

“So you’re telling me the neighbours dealing with your amazing performance in the late hours of the night won’t be complaining? Despite not being notified in advance”

“I’m sure council complaints can be compromise since they’ll ask for more” he winked as you both laughed.

You drove into The Loft, a library café on the edge of town. Seating yourselves into the empty café close to the window, sinking into the cold brown leather seats, and table manners aside as elbows rest on the mahogany wooden table. Classic literature, reference books lined the bookcases along bottle green walls as you lean back on cushions with red and orange quilt work. The regular student employee came over to inform you two your regular meals were on their way.

“I didn’t know you came here too” he grinned while shrugging his jacket off.

“I didn’t think you’d know of this place let alone be a regular here too.”

Hair still wet from the concert glistened from the incandescent streetlights as he looked outside. You turned your head to notice the wet tarmac glistening past the raindrops glistening on the window. Some drops reflected light in ways the reminded you of little twinkling stars in the sky, as they rolled down the window you thought of shooting stars falling from one part of the sky to another.

“Beautiful” his voice broke your trance. You turned as he kept looking at you.

“Pardon me?”

“The view. I meant” he said as he turned to the window. “Cityscape is underrated and overrated”

“True. Overrated as a concrete jungle for all the adventures it holds. Underrated in regards to its beauty”. The waiter bought in your orders as usual. Cajun grilled fish with chipotle sauce with a side rocket leaves and slaw as well as your lemonade. Sirloin steak burger with blue cheese, lettuce, aioli, beetroot, tomatoes, relish and steak sauce served with a side of rocket leaves and a cola. “Bon appetite!”

“You too.” He began as he dug into his meal. Moans or pleasure made only by good food came from his throat making me smirk as he stifled a laugh. “I don’t think we’ll be sleeping for a while” causing you two to laugh

“Me neither. To be honest I’d rather spend the night here after we’re done eating.”

“Should we?” Yongguk asked, eyes bright. That glimmer of curiosity of what’ll happen in the early hours of the night as the clock struck midnight on the dinner table. You nodded with a smile. “I have an idea. Let’s suggest a book for one another, one we’ve read”

“Now that sounds like a brilliant idea” you pointed to him with a fork with fish and rocket leaves with a grin. He quickly took a bite from leaving you surprised- that was not supposed to happen. Your face made him laugh and you two relax into your meals with a comfortable silence, the occasional tapping of cutlery on plates echoing though the restaurant for the while.