V

Change

A delicate voice became louder and clearer, paired with a gentle shake of your shoulder pulling you out of pleasant sleep.

Opening your eyes you meet a pair of round eyes, confusion filled in them. “Danbi, did you spend the night here?”

“Yeah, good morning to you too Junseo” you yawned back at his rudeness.

“What were you doing here?!” Sleeping on an armchair is not comfortable. Looking around to see Yongguk sound asleep on his seat; head lolling to the side and drooling a little, a ghost of a smile made your face.

“We spent the night reading novels” was the answer. Picking up the novel abandoned by sleep the progress of your one-night book-stand satisfied you. Page 237, I’ll finish you later.

“Do you even know who he is?!” Something was not quite right. Junseo’s usually deep voice was deeper, and colder. You met his gaze where the usually warm half-moon crescents weren’t present as his eyebrows furrowed.

“He’s Bang Yongguk.”

“He has a public profile! All that effort you made to stay low will go to ruin if you stick with him” Junseo argued, his volume notably louder than usual.

Not this again, what’s wrong with him? You sighed. “Junseo-”

“You’ll get in trouble, Danbi” he warned. You were in no mood to fight. It took a moment to think of what would happen.

“I want trouble. It’s my life, my choices.”

“Stop being reckless!”

“When have I ever been reckless Junseo.” You retorted. “I’m tired of living in the shadows and being pestered.”

Footsteps pattered across the wooden floor as tall shadows danced closer to you. “Hyung, what are you- What is Yongguk hyung doing here?” a dazed Junhong pondered, taking in the sight of you and Yongguk on the armchairs.

Junseo took a deep breath and rubbed a hand over his face. “We need to talk about this. Now”. Voice low and intimidating, as much as it irritated you why he was acting up this way, you let his childishness slide.

That was until he brashly gripped your wrist and yanked you onto your feet. Anger rising as you glared at him, how dare he touch you like this! The drama unfolding bought Junhong to his senses as the tall boy yelled at his brother.

Junseo gripped your arms with a painful vice grip. What the is wrong with him?! Eyes darting between you and Yongguk’s chair “How the hell do you two know each other?!” he fumed, eyes a mess of emotion quivered only a few inches from your face, successfully scaring you.

A serious Yongguk pushed Junseo away and you stumbled back into your chair. “That question could have been asked in a more civilised manner”. Both men stared one another down.

“She’s not a toy Yongguk”

The ghost of a laugh escaped Yongguk’s lips. “I thought you were a better man than to associate her with toys.”

“I’m warning you, don’t touch what’s not yours-”

“She doesn’t belong to anyone but herself.” Yongguk cut in, expression stoic. “YOU, shouldn’t touch her.”

“What the heck do you know about her!”

Yongguk paused. “She is a rose, and roses are not mean to be broken or shaken. That’s all I know” he finished, turning around to collect the abandoned books being read in the night. Yongguk turned to you “Young lady, we have still have our books to finish” he smiled as he neared you. Slender fingers slid into one of your hands and with a gentle touch your knight lead the way out of the library.

Deep voiced shouting occurred behind you and you lost focus to see only Yongguk.

“She doesn’t belong to anyone but herself.”

His words repeated in your head.

“She is a rose, and roses are not meant to be broken or shaken. That’s all I know”

She is a rose. She is not meant to be shaken. Or broken.

Opening your door and heling you into your seat like a gentleman, it wasn’t until he settled in the passenger seat that you spoke up. “Roses. Haven’t you see a rose stand through the strongest of spring winds? Roses are strong and can take being shaken or torn apart”

Sinking into his seat as a breath escaped he thought of a reply. “Only for so long that is. Petal by petal roses fall apart in the winds. Roses are strong, but their strength shouldn’t be tested by anything other than its fate. Life will shake a rose itself. But it will not break the rose. It’s all about intention”

“Remind me why we met in the club instead of a philosophy class” His cheesiness breaking your lips into a toothy grin.

“So, are you free today?” bright eyes faced you, that timid little princess behind his deep voice began to show.

“It’s Saturday. Other than grocery shopping there’s nothing for me to do” you finished to start your car. The hum of your car’s engine filling the silence in the air.

“Spend the day with me. I want to show you something” He smiled.Warm onyx eyes hypnotising you as he slowly charmed his way into your mind.

 Yes. Do it. Go with him. Change it up.

Unbelievable. “Is spontaneity your forte?” you laughed.

“Homemade Brunch? Created by Mr.Bang” thick lips spread into a gummy smile as we look ahead.

“Head chef Yongguk and Sous Chef Danbi sounds fair to me.” And you two sped down the road to an address on your GPS.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Note: I've been bad so hold on tight this is a double update (Chapter 5 & 6)

Please feel free to comment on my writing. pros, cons, plot wise. Anything. I need feedback to write better ^_^