XXIV

Change

“I’m serious honey, save the planet, bathe with me.”

 “Yongguk~” you eyed the man preparing the bath.

 “I have a tonne of things to say before it’s too late.” a lean arm with Poseidon staring back at you dropped a bath bomb. You watched the charcoal ball dissipated in mesmerisation. “I just don’t want to miss the chances I get.”

“Are you sure you can control yourself, Yongguk?” you asked lightly while peeling yourself of last night’s underwear.

Pearly white teeth revealed themselves in the vanity mirror as his boxers dropped to the floor “I know I can control myself babe, but you’re wild” he snickered.

“I always needed God, no surprises there” You carefully lowered your body into the bathtub with Yongguk behind you. Resting your back on his chest you sighed at the arm water seeping into your skin. Curling into your man as the warmth helped to sooth the pain, you shut your eyes again to the sound of his breathing and his heart beat.

“You sure you feel alright?” he asked carefully. A sponge was rubbed on your back in circles. Looking up to meet his concerned eyes your lips curled at the edges lightly.

“It’s been a while, so being sore isn’t anything new. Did you rest well, darling?”

“You tired me out” He returned a small smile “I slept like a baby” you laughed softly at his reply. The close proximity had you feeling complete. Never before had you been this intimate with a ious partner. Shower happened but everything was hot and feisty. Nothing compared to the moment you shared right here, right now.

You’ve never held so much respect and love for anyone before, but this being in front of you changed everything. You gazed at the black water lapping up at the skin of his legs, No darkness could taint the light in his soul. His pure soul against the charcoaled water bought back fresh memories of last night. The way those ebony eyes made you know he felt the same way as you, scared but in love filled your chest with a warmth only familiar with him.

You turned to again notice the hint of green indicting upcoming stubble dancing on his chin and upper lip. You looked at the way his tousled hair fell over his eyes, as his gaze was fixed on scrubbing your skin clean. However the way his eyebrows were slightly furrowed made you think of something. He looked a little detached.

“Darling.”  Yongguk responded with a hum and rubbed the sponge down your back. Turning around to grasp his hands, you soothed him with gentle caress of his cheek. “You wanted to say things?” A warm cheeked leaned into your touch as his eyes kept trained on yours.

“Fate surely has it’s ways” he smiled somewhat sadly. Taking the sponge from his hands you began to rub his skin, charcoal water blended with his tattoos perfectly. “I wanted to be able to say whatever I want without an excuse, but here I am at a loss of words.”

“What did you want to say?” You asked as the sponge rubbed his shoulder, sliding down Posideon and onto his free arms.

“I wanted to be able to tell the girl I accidentally fell in love with how much I love her without having to use my impending death in a gang war or the alcohol as an excuse” You met his gaze as the sponge numbly worked at rubbing his hand. Interlacing his hand with your free one, Yongguk pulled it up to his lips for a soft kiss.
“I want to be able” He kissed your interlaced pinky.
“To protect my girl.” He kissed again on an interlaced finger bearing your wedding ring.
“I want to know” he kissed a middle finger.
”That if anything happens” he kissed an index finger
“She’ll still love me” he kissed his thumb.
“Even if I didn’t keep my promise,” he whispered with a choked throat. Shaking brown pools were filled with tears that threatened to fall.

Slipping your hand out of his, you cupped your husbands’ cheeks. ”Look at me.” you commanded to your man adhering to your words. “Nothing is going to happen to you. Not on my watch.” A shaky sigh left his lips as pale teeth sunk into his plum lip. Yongguk’s head hung.

“I can’t even look at you right now knowing I made a promise I can’t keep.” Two salty drops of water plopped into the bath water. “And it hurts so much, knowing I can’t protect the girl I love the way she needs it.”

“Before I loved you, I respected you. Back then I would have still admired and respected you the same. You’ve changed me Yongguk, if you’re with me I don’t care about what happens.”

“You don’t understand honey-”

“No. I do. And although it should hurt me to see you this way, it warms me knowing we think the same way” you leaned in to place a gentle kiss on his cheek before pulling him into your arms for a hug.

“What do you mean?” your husband croaked, warm arms wrapped themselves around you as he tucked his face into the crook of your neck.

“Love is an understatement, and words are not enough to express your heart.” Your hand soothed the goose-bumps littering broad expanse of skin on his back. “You say you love me but it means so much more, doesn’t it? You’re scared, that I won’t reciprocate such a love. You’re scared of being hurt. But you’re not scared of giving me your all.” You man listened carefully, warm tears staining your neck. “I felt the same way, particularly last night. So I would know better than anyone how you feel.”

“I married the right woman” he laughed.

“You bet you did.” You playfully replied only to hold him tighter. “You won’t find another girl who’ll love you like I do.”

Yongguk pulled back, thumb rubbing circles on your bare hip his eyes gazed at you. “And how do you love me?”

A smile graced your lips, the emotion in those eyes is so familiar to you. “Truly. Purely. Deeply. That’s what everyone wants to hear. But I’ll give you something no one may have heard before.” Yongguk’s gaze locked onto yours. “Spiritually. That’s how I love you.”

“They say eyes are a window into ones soul.” Brown pools melted into his familiar emotion of love you were beginning to love. The tension, fear and brokenness in you man washed away as he took in the girl he loved supporting him to his best.

“It’s hard to find ones that are in sync with yours.” A hand at you nape bought you to met his lips in a sweet union. Innocent and pure two soulmate sat together understanding more about their newfound love and one another.

“I knew last night wasn’t merely physical.”

You tuned around to curl into your man again. Back on his chest, your guided our hand to pull Yongguk’s out of the charcoaled water, admiring how your fingers laced into his hand so perfectly. Lifting his left hand with your own, you bought his ringed finger to your lips, “We have a lot to learn about one another darling.”

“Can I ask you something?” A firm arm around you midsection pulled your closer to him, while keeping your wedded hands laced.

“Aren’t you already asking me a question?”

“I’m trying to be serious honey” you laughed at his reply and rested your head on his shoulder. Yongguk rested his lips on your temple and hummed. “Have you ever felt this way? The way we feel right now?”

“Like this? Nope never, but I can get used to it” you hummed.

“What is this even called?” slender digits of his laced hand thumbed your hand. An action that was intimately just for you.

“Feeling complete.” Lips at your temple pulled into a smile as you savoured the moment you had with your husband.