VI

Change

Minimalist yet tasteful. “Nice place you’ve got here”

Similar yet different to your place in ways.

“Welcome to my home away from home.” He laughed, walking into the kitchenette to open an essentially empty bar fridge. “Frozen berries, Beer, milk and sausages. Pancakes it is” he sighed as his shoulders drooped. Rolling his sleeves up before washing those pretty hands, forearm’s veins boldly tracing along his forearms smooth tanned skin.

You couldn’t help but stare. Veins, a weakness to you. Recollecting your thoughts before moving towards the kitchenette. “Chef, can you cook?” you propped yourself onto a bar stool on the counter as he searched for ingredients in the kitchen. Drying those hands with a black towel, he planted each hand on the marble counter, the said man leant forward, onyx eyes filled with mischief, a smile played at those plump plum lips.

“Burnt garlic ramen is a delicacy in my company.” He smirked. “Sous Chef, can you get the pancake mix for me?”

Waltzing towards what assumed to be a pantry, scanning through the shelves, you found the mix and bought out the measuring cups as head chef whisked the milk and eggs together like pro.

Veins bulging. Muscles tensing at his actions. Damn, you thought. Not too sly there

“Dry ingredients ready?” voice as calm as ever. You replied it was, but things in life aren’t as simple. Yongguk gently held your wrist and pulled you in front of him, heat from his chest radiating onto your back. You stood there startled as he held your wrist. You turned your head to see him gazing t the blue finger marks from earlier this morning. Tilting his head forward he placed a gentle peck on each bruise one at a time.

Peck…1

Peck…2

Peck…3

Peck…4

Peck…5

You stood in awe.

“You might have been friends with Junseo, but he’s had a violent past…one he doesn’t reveal.” His gaze never leaving your wrist as he guided it down to the mixing bowl in front to you. “Don’t go near him alone. Just don’t” his voice calm had you two held the spoon and mixed the pancake batter together.

“Unbelievable. You two spent the night together and now you’re acting like a married. Congrts hyung. When am I becoming an uncle” a tall Junhong scoffed. Srtiging in to throw a duffel bag on he couch.

Yongguk was clearly in no mood to let you go. Strangely, you didn’t wriggle away from his grip wither. Personal space, privacy were your thing, but somehow, even in front of Junhong, you felt at ease.

It wasn’t rocket science to figure out why Junhong was here. Following the drama Junhong decided it would be best he was to work on some lyrics. You brushed past Yongguk’s arm towards the frigde for the frozen berries.

“I didn’t know you were Hong” you began. Junhong didn’t bother to spare you a glance form his notebook. The two brothers share an uncanny resemblance, they possessed the same cuteness while the pairs’ same small roundish-almond eyes kept blinking in deep thought. Taking everything in. “Junseo told me a lot of good things about you” you smiled.

“Danbi. I’ve heard amazing things about you myself.” The boy laughed cynically “Had I known you were my brother’s crush I’d never be so ignorant of you”

“Junseo liked me?”

“Like is an understatement.” He spoke sadly. “He loves you”

It took you a moment to process all this information from Junhong’s point-of-view: the woman who was hanging out with his closest friend was the same woman his brother had a one-sided love on for God knows how many years. “It’s too early in the morning for all this.” You whined causing both men in the room to chuckle.

“Hyung”. Yongguk responded with a hum. “You laughed” the boy smiled.

“Yeah. . . I did” a shy smile ghosted the man’s lips as he began cooking the pancakes. Asking if the younger wanted some pancakes, he gladly agreed. You dealt with the frozen berries and some bananas form the fruit bowl. A quick banana smoothie and defrosted berries for the pancakes. “I shouldn’t be making a guest work” he laughed out of embarrassment.

“Please, I’d rather do something” you retorted

“You’re familiar with a kitchen already” Junhong spoke up this time

“It happens when you manage a household of your own”

“Wife-material.” The younger pointed to you “Hyung. Keep her close”

“Shouldn’t you be shipping me with your brother?”

The young man on the counter leaned forward. Mischief filling his eyes. “Would you like me to?” he asked with a lisp, with a light pout and blinking a few times to look innocent. A Choi-family trick you guessed.

“Dear God you two are the same” Junsoe used it a few times with you.

“No, we’re not. Please don’t associate my character to my brother. All I truly share with him is blood.” He remarked, voice was void of emotion when speaking. That meant either of two things.

He hated Junseo, or he was simply gave up hope on his older brother. The latter seemed most likely, you decided to drop the subject.

“Hyung.” Yongguk responded with a hum. “This is the first girl in four years to make you laugh. Not that laugh you use with Himchannie Hyung, I’m talking about your true laugh.” The tall boy smiled o Yongguk. The elder paused his plating up of brunch as he exhaled deeply.

“Junhong-“

“My bother may have loved her for a long time, but he needs therapy. I’m not going to let the girl who made a zombie’s heart beat again slip into the wrong hands” the younger spoke up

“He’s young, let him be. Let’s eat, Pancakes are ready.” Yongguk directed towards you.

“It doesn’t take an idiot to figure out you two have something going on.” The younger male directed his gaze towards you. “Our Yonggukkie Hyung hassn’t done hook-ups, dates or anything for the past four years. Don’t leave him with deeper scars than the ones he has already.”

All you can tell right now is that you won’t be scarring one another. Magic lies in those who heal your scars.

Magic lies in Yongguk.

“We’re more than a fling. I can tell you that.“

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Note: And the plot deepens~

Double update as promised. If you missed out, Go back a chapter so things make sense ^_^