XVII

Change

 

One week later:

Youngjae fussed like the mother hen he is, fixing the veil behind the closed doors and telling Daehyun to get the petals ready, the latter completely immersed in fixing his bolo tie.

The boys were sweet and helpful, despite Hong’s pushy behaviour demanding his guards be stationed around the venue, it didn’t deter the boys at all.

The sharp rose-haired man with all under control strode in with grace as he checked everything ran smoothly. Despite the initial awkwardness, Jongup understood his position and carried the favour genuinely. Hair styled perfectly like a rose, his effort was touching. “Is your dress alright Madame? No issues so far?” you shook your head, the familiar greeting coming back as the favour came to an end.

“It’s time.” Daehyun patted your shoulder. “This is it” he smiled his kittenish smile, no signs of fatigue and voluntary nights cleaning out your once loved belongings and fussed moving into Yongguk’s home. The flower boy ready with his basket at hand.

Youngjae held out his arm for you to take, taking liberty of getting you well rested and primped up perfectly for your big day- ing legend. A shaky breath left your lips as you held his arm, heart racing out of nervousness.  Is everything set? Has everyone arrived?

The youthful men happily decided their roles; Himchan being Yongguk’s self-awarded Best Man; Youngjae your Best Man and Daehyun your Flower Boy as while Junhong took the liberty of being Ring Bearer. Himchan strode in suited and all, sharp eyes scanning everyone before speaking “Hong just took his seat”.

“Nervous?” Youngjae asked, a gloved hand patting yours gently.  

“This is it,” you tightened your hold “the big moment.”

Doors opened as the march played. All eyes lay on you, at the alter the suited man with perfectly styled hair stared in awe and your heart raced a little faster. Youngjae walked you down the aisle, step by step and filled with pride as Hong glared. Thank you Youngjae.

Holding a hand out to you your groom grinned. You swore you saw a halo from in the sunlight shining down on him. Time stood still as vows were exchanged, Yongguk’s glittering eyes mirrored yours as reality enlightened you. This is it. It finally sank in. Your thoughts dissipated at the clergy’s blessings as you listened carefully.

“You may now kiss the bride”. An obvious blushed heated you cheeks as awkwardness spread in, We’ve never kissed before. Heck! I’VE never kissed anyone before! Yongguk lifted your veil before tilting your chin up. His warm eyes gazed lovingly over your face as the pad of his calloused thumb swiped at your lower lip gently. “Absolutely stunning” he whispered before sealing your lips with his. Your heart raced as you felt Yongguk’s lips move against yours, relaxing under his touch slightly before returning his kiss. Loud cheers from the guests and hooting from the best men snapped you two back to reality as your groom pulled back with a small smile on his face. His lidded eyes gently opened as he turned to face the guests.

Oh God this is awkward.

Something shiny caught your eye and you pushed Yongguk away from you. The guests gasped and ducked in panic as your friends calmed everyone. A dagger narrowly flew past where Yongguk’s head was, piercing the wall behind. Yongguk stared at you with such an unreadable look. “You saved me.” He said breathlessly, his expression changing into one you had never seen so clearly before. Love.

Tattered fabric hung off the dagger, you pried the blade out and opened the fabric. A scream escaped your lips before Yongguk held you in an embrace. Himchan running up to read the bloodied letters stained on the fabric.

Welcome to the beginning of the end

You could feel Yongguk seething in your hold, and truth be told it terrified you.

“What a way to gate crash a wedding. A guarded one at that too.” Junhong laughed dryly as he sped the wedding car towards your new home. Guilt pricked at you, Junseo wasn’t invited while his brother played ring bearer. “By the way” the younger pulled out an envelope at a red light “Hyung sent this for you”

You carefully took the envelope from Junhong, prying it open despite Yongguk’s obvious displeasure. An empty congratulations card and a couple of fifty dollar bills you showed no Yongguk. But you noticed, the card was marked with something. Tear marks stained the card, an unspoken language conveying pain. You sighed ruefully before closing the card.

The scent of roses wafted as you stepped into your new home. A path of roses decorated to a centre table, the living room candles illuminated a warm yellow glow contrasting against deep green champagne bottle on the table. “Natasha overdid it. Like always” your husband scratched his nape

Husband.

“It’s nice, It’s…Romantic.” You smiled.

“If you like it then that’s all that matters” he smiled, ing his jacket.

“Thank you” a sigh escaped your lips at the ambience of the room “Wait, don’t you like flowers?”

“It’s a waste of roses to me” your husband gently undid his necktie. “I only needed one”

Inwardly rolling your eyes “Let me guess, a rose”.

Your groom shook his head while laughing. “My rose” he grinned. You fought the blush on your cheeks and kept your cool.

“Well then, this rose will take the bedroom and you get the couch for being cheeky”

“So you admit you’re a rose?” you shut the door before hearing his warm laugh echo from the other side.