Take #4 : Sudden Exam

Set Me Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 Author’s POV 

 

 

When Taeyeon returned back home, she waited, waited and waited, but her father didn’t return back. So she ended up sleeping.

 

As the warm golden rays welcomed Taeyeon’s eyes, she brushed her eyes to be shocked with the time next to her bed.

“OH MY GOD! I’M LATE!” she shouted.

She hurried washed up, got dressed, and found her way downstairs..

“Appa?” she was startled with her father’s entrance just now.

“Good morning my daughter~”

“Did you just came home?” she asked as she witnessed how messy and sleepy he looked.

“Yes, I had to work all night.” He told her, “Are you going to school now?”

“Right, I’m already late!” she remembered.

“No you’re not, the school starts 8:30. It’s 7:45 now.”

“What? Wasn’t it 8 usually?”

“This is a different school daughter.”

“Then see you later dad.” She gave him a peck before heading out.

“Taeyeon-ah~” he called for her, as she was at the in front door. “Don’t forget to grab something to eat before going.”

“Okay don’t worry.”

 

 

The car that brought her back home yesterday, was waiting right there.

“Good morning Mrs. Kim.” The chuffer greeted her.

“Good morning Ajusshi.” He greeted back, “Ajusshi, can we stop by the café nearby the school?” she asked him.

“Of course miss.”

“Then let’s go~” she told him cheerfully.

 

 

“Ajusshi this is for you..” Taeyeon gave him a cake with hot coffee to keep warm in this cold winter.

“You didn’t have to..” he was surprised with it.

“Keep on warm Ajusshi.” She told him sweetly.

 

Her phone rang.

“Hello?” she answered as she was still in front of the café.

“Where are you?”

“Who is this?”

“Did you forget your desk mate this easily?”

“Jiyong? how did you knew my number?”

“Where are you? Or it’s nothing I’ll end.” And he end it.

She got angry at how he ended the call suddenly.

 

“Wooah~ who does he think he’s to end the call like this in my face?” she ranted at the phone.

“Kwon Jiyong.” a voice came from her back that caught her off guards.

“Omona!” she cried out.

The coffee in her hand spilled all over the ground.

“Are you alright?” he asked worriedly.

“Agghhh!!” she whined.

“What? Did it spill over you?” he asked her.

“My coffee~~” she was whining like a little girl that her ice cream fell at the floor.

“I’ll b-buy you another one, don’t cry!” he was taken aback with her actions.

“R-Really?” she pouted like a little girl with watery eyes.

“Yes, come and choose whatever you want.” He brought her inside the café.

“Wait..” she turned, “Ajusshi, you can go and rest first. I’ll go to school with Jiyong, isn’t that right?” she looked at Jiyong.

“O-Of course, you worked hard.” He bowed down for him.

A lot of new images are getting to be discovered as this little girl entered Jiyong’s life.

 

 

“Are you satisfied now?” Jiyong asked her as they were at their way toward the school.

“Totally, there’s nothing better than choco bread with iced Americano.”

“Iced Americano in the middle of winter?” he was surprised with her unique taste.

“Cold things brings you unbelievable joy and energy.” She told him happily while sipping from her iced Americano.

 

 

They arrived at the school’s gates, to be stuck there since they’re closed already.

“Oh Mr. Kwon? Why are you this late?” the security man asked him from his Bentley’s window.

“I’m sorry Ajusshi, we got into heavy traffic on our way.”

“I’ll let it pass this time. Come in..” he kindly reopened the gates for them.

 

“Mr.Kwon and Mrs.Kim, can I know why are you breaking into this school quietly while being 15 minutes late?” their home teacher caught them sneaking to their class.

“Today there was a heavy traffic I got stuck in it.” Jiyong explained.

“My car got broken and I had to wait to get it fixed again.”

“I’ll let you just this time since it’s the first time, don’t repeat it again. did you understand me?”

“Yes.”

“Thank you.”

“Now, into your class hurry!” he hit the wall with his long ruler, that scared them, and they ran toward their class quickly.

 

They opened the door and entered.

“Why are you late Mr.Kwon?” the English teacher noticed Jiyong.

“Oh? Is this a new student?” she didn’t get to meet Taeyeon last day.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Kim Taeyeon.” She bowed and got into her seat quietly.

Again seeing them together made this student get jealous more and more by the time.

 

“Why are you late?” Yoona mouthed Taeyeon.

“I’ll tell you later.” She mouthed her back.

Yoona tried to tell her someting, but Taeyeon didn't understand it.

“Taeyeon..” Jiyong called for her.

But she was busy talking with Yoona.

“Taeyeon..” he hit her shoulder to reply this time.

“What?” she turned angrily.

He eyed her to look up..

As she looked up, the teacher was observing her all the time since the time she was talking with Yoona and all.

“Please open your books page 71..” the teacher turned her back and completed her lesson.

Jiyong chuckled at her, which made Taeyeon angrier.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” she asked him quietly.

“I did.”

“You didn’t say that she’s here-”

“Mrs. Kim, please answer question 7..” the teacher interrupted her.

“U-Uh? Question 7..” she peeked at Jiyong’s book and answered with her perfect English. “..turn this sentence into passive voice, ‘The apple was eaten by the boy’.”

“Wooo~” the class reacted including the teacher.

“Your accent is perfect, keep it up.” She was satisfied.

“Thank you.”

Under her teeth she told Jiyong, “Let’s continue this talk later..”

Jiyong just smirked at her.

She didn’t know something called ‘Giving up’, which planted more interest in Jiyong.

 

“Jiyong-” she was about to talk with him as the bell rang, but he took his book and left first.

“Taeyeon-ah~” Yoona came to her. “What’s happening between you two?”

“What?”

“How did you get together here late?”

“Nothing just by coincidence.”

“Pure coincidence?” she tried to pull some information from her.

“What are you trying to get to?” Taeyeon told her playfully.

“Nothing, let’s get our books..” she pushed her outside.

 

“Where is your locker?” Yoona asked her, as she got her book already.

“I don’t know, it’s written 188D where’s that?”

“It’s here.” A male voice answered.

She looked in front of her, to see Jiyong.

“Wooah, not to this level?” she couldn’t believe it.

“I can’t believe too.” He told her.

“So I’m above of you?” she asked him.

“I’m 188G and you’re 188D.”

“What an unexpected coincidence.”

“Come let me help you..” he took the books from her and helped her organizing them in her new books locker.

Again everyone was startled to see this side of Kwon Jiyong.

 

They returned back to the class, and this time Taeyeon slept during the lesson.

Jiyong just couldn’t focus at the lesson, while a girl next to him sleeping peacefully.

He helped her to cover her from the teacher, by standing a book in front of her as she’s reading.

As the class ended and it was break-time already, he left first, and Yoona was the one to wake Taeyeon up..

“Taeyeon-ah,” she called for her.

“U-Uh?” she stood up right.

“It’s break-time, let’s go..”

When she was about to stand, the standing book in front of her got thrown at the floor, she noticed it..

“Who put it there?”

“I don’t know, let’s go..” she dragged her outside.

 

While having lunch happily together, Taeyeon just had something to drink.

“Why are you not eating?” Yoona asked her with a mouthful voice.

“I just had breakfast not long ago.”

“That’s why you got late.”

“Something like that.” Taeyeon reacted with her body.

Someone came and sat beside them.

They just looked at him speechlessly, even paused at their current status, as Yoona paused while the spoon in and Taeyeon with the straw in her squeezed in her lips.

“I can sit with you right?” Daesung asked.

“W-Why?” Taeyeon found herself asking unknowingly.

He chuckled at her.

“My friends are boring, I think I want some company.”

“Of course you can.” Yoona replied.

“Welcome, I’m Kim Taeyeon.” Taeyeon provided her hand to him.

“I’m Kang Daesung, nice to meet you.” He shook her hand, “You’re Im Yoona right?” he asked her.

“Y-Yes.” She was surprised to know that he knew her name.

 

 

While eating happily and chatting, someone stopped by their table..

“T-Taeyeon?” someone called.

They looked up.

“So-Sooyoung?” Taeyeon was surprised.

“Omo! You ride this school as well?” she hugged her with happiness drawn on her face.

“I didn’t see you around yesterday!”

“I didn’t come yesterday, weren’t you going to another school? How did you ended u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter