Take #30 : The Unheard Feelings

Set Me Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR YEAR IS REALLY LIKE HELL!!!

Sorry for the late update, but studies got the best of me the last days...

Also Jiyong's scandal brainwashed me. I felt like ending all of this after reading it. 

I'm really confused these days, I don't know wheither I should continue this story or not!

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

Taeyeon went with Bom to the jazz bar that they used to meet at always.

“Unnie, I’m going to drink a lot tonight.”

“Ya, something happened to you right?”

“Ah don’t remind me unnie!” she whined. “One whiskey here!” Taeyeon told the bartender.

“One tequila!” Bom added. “Alright, drink all what you want! I’m buying tonight!”

“Assa!” she got excited, “As expected, I don’t have other than you unnie~”

Bom knew that something happened to her. Since Taeyeon don’t drink if she didn’t went through something big and painful.

 

While Taeyeon were having her 5th glass, they heard a loud shout..

“Ya! Take back your words!”

“What’s happening?” Bom asked.

“Ignore them, they’re just some useless people that live for fighting and creating problems.”

Bom didn’t feel right about this.

 

After few minutes, the quarrel got bigger and someone’s scream woke Taeyeon and Bom up.

“Please Help!”

“Oh God! Let’s check it out!” Bom went up.

Taeyeon sighed and followed her.

 

Her eyes couldn’t believe what she just witnessed there.

“N-No..” she mumbled.

“What happened?” Bom freaked out. “I’ll call the ambulance.”

“T-Taeyeon-ssi?” it was Yongbae. “Please call help, he fainted out suddenly.”

Taeyeon’s eyes gave up on her and let every single drop inside her body fall out hotly.

“J-Jiyong..” she tried to wake up her lifeless husband. “..Jiyong! Can you hear me?” she slapped him and were panicking next to him.  

“Taeyeon calm down!” Bom told her.

“Y-Yongbae-ssi did you..  f-feel something wrong about him lately?” Taeyeon asked after calming down and taking her role as a doctor. “Was he feeling uncomfortable anywhere? Like whining from a numb on something?”

“Hmm.. ah right! When we were on our tour he kept on saying that he feel numbness here and there. And that his arms and legs felt like burning and tingling.”

“Was he drinking lately?”

“He drank every day and night, since that day when you..” He looked at her and got stopped with the tears that were wetting her face. “..he drank every night till he passed out.”

She turned her head letting some loud tears out, then asked him again. “Where there any muscles cramps or weakness?”

“Oh right! He couldn’t dance at our last few concerts.”

“Tell me everything that happened with him..”

“Uh, he kept complaining of dizziness or lightheadedness, he had difficulty in swallowing, vomiting and nausea. Diar-”

“Diarrhea and impaired speech.” Taeyeon completed on him and held her head in disbelief of all this.

“H-How did you know?..” Yongbae was speechless.

“Unnie, did you call the ambulance?”

“Uh, they will come in 10 minutes.”

“Unnie, can I have my phone please?”

Bom brought it for her.

 

“Uh appa..”

“Taeyeon? What happened? What’s wrong with your voice?”

“A-Appa..” she held back her tears. “..J-Jiyong..”

“Jiyong? What did he do this time?”

“He’s..” Taeyeon couldn’t complete and burst into hard tears.

Bom took the phone and talked with him.

“Ajusshi, Jiyong is unconscious right now.”

“What?! What happened?”

“He suddenly fell while drinking.”

“Where’s Taeyeon?”

“She can’t talk at the moment.”

“Alright, I bring the ambulance and come. wait right there!”

 

Just few moments later, the ambulance came.

“What happened?”

“Give me the bag value mask!”

“Y-Yes?” the paramedic was taken aback.

“Ah give it to me!” she yelled with tears falling.

The paramedic gave it to her.

They took him toward the ambulance, while Taeyeon pumping to him the oxygen with the bag value mask.

 

“He’ll be alright, don’t worry.” Bom held her hand as she was pumping the oxygen to him, inside the ambulance.

While Yongbae explained everything to his manager so he can take care of this incident with the bar’s manager, and left hurriedly toward his friend.

 

“What happened?” her father met her at the hospital’s entrance.

“He blanked out while drinking suddenly.” Taeyeon said while pushing the bed inside with the paramedics. “He have Alcoholic Neuropathy.”

“W-What? How did you know?”

“He complained from muscles cramps, weakness, vomiting and nausea and almost all the symptoms for Alcoholic Neuropathy.”

“Oh! Dr. Jang!” Sooyoung’s mother came running.

“What happened?”

“We suspect that he have Alcoholic Neuropathy.”

“What? Let’s first request some tests to be sure..”

 

Dr. Jang, went to talk with the nurse.

 

“He’ll be alright my girl.” Her father took his crying girl to his arms.

“It all happened because of me!” she said helplessly, “He was hurting because of me too, I wasn’t the only one hurting here.”

He caressed her back gently.

“W-What should I do appa?” she lifted her head up, meeting her father’s face and asked with a tearful eyes. “What if something wrong happened with him? Ah~ it’s all because of me!” she said and broke into another hard wave of tears.

“Ya Kim Taeyeon! Nothing will happen to him!” he yelled at her while holding her with two hands firmly. “He will wake up soon and you’ll meet him with a smile on your face instead of these tears.”

“B-But..”

“Taeyeon-ah, come over here..” Bom took her little girl to her warm embrace.

“Oppa..” Dr. Jang called.

“Yes, what happened?”

“I requested all the important tests for him, nerve biopsy, nerve conduction tests, upper GI and small bowel series, neurological examination, electromyography, esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD), kidney, thyroid, and liver function tests, complete blood count (CBC).” She listed the tests.

“Did you request for, niacin, thiamine, folate, vitamins B6 and B12, biotin and pantothenic acid, vitamins E and A in the blood test? Since Blood tests can also look for vitamin deficiencies that are linked to both nerve health and alcohol use-”

“Kim Taeyeon! For God’s sake! Please calm down!” her father lost his temper. As he was worried on his panicking daughter.

Dr. Jang chuckled, “I did everything you just mentioned.” She caressed her hair, “You’re all grownup little girl.” She said with a proud smile drawn at her face.

 

Bom took Taeyeon and went to sit next to Jiyong after he came back from doing all these tests.

 

“Unnie, what should I do?” Taeyeon asked while her eyes fixed on Jiyong.

“What?”

“Today, he told me for the first time, that he l-liked me.”

“What?”

“But, I rejected him and made fun of him.” She buried her face in her hands. “Ah! When this moment came finally I messed it up totally without thinking!” she whined.

“Ya Taeyeon, you can tell him your feelings sincerely when he wakes up again.”

“W-What if he d-didn’t?” she asked childishly while sniffling.

“He will, as you stay strong next to him he will come back.”

Taeyeon gained some hope from Bom, and stayed all night next to him holding his hand and waiting for him to open his eyes again.

 

She was on her way back from talking to the nurse.

“Taeyeon-ssi..” she saw Yongbae calling for her.

“Did something happened for Jiyong? Should I call the nurse?” she immediately panicked.

“No, calm down. He’s fine.”

She sighed, “I’m sorry.”

“I just wanted to ask for one favor..”

“Sure.”

“..Can you give Jiyong a chance to just tell you everything he have hided from you all the past years?”

“What do you mean?”

“Taeyeon you don’t know even 0.001% from what Jiyong had went through the past years alone.”

“But he was-”

“Not all what the ear hears or the eye sees is the truth, just one chance, let him say everything then you decide whether you’ll stay or leave him for good.”

Taeyeon nodded.

“I should go now..”

“Where?”

“..I have to get Jiyong’s belongs and wrap things up at the bar. Since our manager got something to do for the president at the moment and had to go.”

“Sure. You can head to your home and rest, I’ll stay with Jiyong here.”

“What are you saying? How can I rest while Jiyong is here. Jiyong is my family, his pain is my pain, his happiness is mine too.”

Taeyeon were touched with their deep friendship that reminded her with Tiffany that she didn’t talk with the past days, since she was afraid that she might slip with words and tell her about Jiyong and her.

“Ah right, I sent to you an email..” Yongbae returned after turning away from her.

“What email?” she asked.

“Just check it out when you have time later..”

“Sure.” She bowed to him back and returned to Jiyong’s side.

 

Taeyeon returned to see Jiyong..

“J-Jiyong!..” she freaked out, “..W-Where is the patients that was here?” she went to the nurses counter asking while all her body trembling.

“Calm down miss, he was transferred to the VVIP section at the last floor.”

It was like if her life returned to her.

 

She hurried to the last floor.

 

“Taeyeon?” someone called, “Right, Kim Taeyeon!”

“Park nurse!” she greeted her.

“How are you my dear? What are you doing here?”

“Ah, do you know where Kwon Jiyong patient at?”

“Kwon Jiyong? The Alcoholic Neuropathy patient?”

“Yes.”

“Follow me..”

She took her to Jiyong’s VVIP suite.

 

“When his tests will come out?”

“Hmm,  I think it will be ready by tomorrow.”

Worriedness and discomfort were drawn on Taeyeon’s face.

“Don’t worry, he’ll be alright.” She caressed her back, “You woke up miraculously after 3 years, so there’s nothing impossible in this life.”

Taeyeon kept looking at him, with guilt and worry coating her heart.

“I’ll be out there, if you need anything just call me.” She told her and left first.

 

While Taeyeon were holding Jiyong’s hand and looking at him endlessly, she remembered about the email that Yongbae told her about.

 

She checked her email through her phone, to see an email sent from Yongbae with two clips, one audio and the other video.

She heard the audio..

 

The shaking sound of the wind

Shakes up my heart and passes by

Even though I’ve hurt all I could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter