Take #21 : Taking Life's Decision

Set Me Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Emotional yet not!..

#COMMENT!!

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

As Girls Generation returned with a digital single at April, BIGBANG were preparing for their comeback after 3 years already while wandering around the countries performing their concert world tour, starting from March from the same year.

 

Taeyeon heard the truth clearly from her uncle that she met out of nowhere. But still didn’t do anything or brought this topic again since that scene at the club.

Things went awkward with her father and Jiyong, they literally didn’t talk since then.

Until that day came…

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

 

I was wrapping up at the filming site of our new MV with our members, but then got an unexpected call…

“Kwon Jiyong talking..” I answered.

“Jiyong-ah,” it was my mother.

“Uh Umma, why are you calling?”

“Come right now, your grandma is holding up a family meeting.”

“What? Now? I can’t, I’m at work.”

I looked at Seungri, he looked back at me with the same look in eyes. As he go the same call from his mother too.

“Don’t be late, you know your grandma!” she said and ended the call.

 

“What’s going on?” Seungri approached me.

“I don’t know, let’s go..”

“We’re really going? What about here?”

“What else can we do? It’s your “grandma” that’s calling.” I quote that with two fingers from each hand.

 

 

We rode our cars, and went hurried to the call we got.

 

“Grandma we’re here~” Seungri called as we entered the living room, filled with our parents.

“What’s going on?” I asked my sister.

“I don’t know, she said that we’ll know soon.”

Our grandma stood up suddenly and shared happily, “Finally the star of this night came!”

We all turned to see that this star was no one other than Taeyeon.

 

My mother and aunt turned their head in anger. Since till now they still think of her as an illegal kid.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” She bowed down.

“Come here dear..” my grandma took her to her arms warmly. “You’ve worked hard all these years alone.” She caressed her back gently.

“Umma, what all this about? Why is she here again?” my aunt asked, with anger in her tone.

“Let me introduce you all, this is my grandchild, Kim Taeyeon. My son’s Kim Jongsuk’s legal daughter.” She announced with a proud smile drawn at her face.

“What? She’s his legal daughter?”

“Perhaps is she from that woman?” my mother asked.

“Yes. And stop with you plays you two, this is my grandchild no matter you two denied it.”

“Grandma, we met her last time. Why did you called us here then?” Dami asked her.

“Well this was what I wanted to clear it for you, but the rest your grandpa will share it with you..” she sat down, with Taeyeon beside her and my uncle too.

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

“Taeyeon, there’s a traditional here in this family that women should get married before the age 30.” Their grandpa said, “So you’re going to be 30 soon, these are some men that your grandma chose for you.”

“W-What?” Taeyeon were surprised with this news.

“Chose one of these men, all of their information are written there.”

“But I have a b-boyfriend already.”

“Really? Then when did you decided to get married? When can we meet him? What does he do? From which family?-” grandma got happier with this info.

“I’m not going to marry!” Taeyeon spat out.

“What? Why?”

“How can you decide on someone else’s life like this?” Taeyeon’s facial expression changed totally to be contoured with anger and frustration, “Why should I marry someone right now? How can I chose the man that I should marry like I’m going to buy an ice-cream? This happens in the dramas, but like logically, this is my life, I should be free to love and get to know this person first then if really there’s some desire of wanting to complete my life with him I would marry him. But like this easily, I will never approve on something like this.”

Everyone was stunned with how courageous Taeyeon was to talk like this in front of the elder, and as she was the first actually to do.

“Then if I have someone that you know and even lived with before, would you agree?” her grandpa asked challengingly.

“Sure, but who is it?”

He signed at Jiyong, “Kwon Jiyong.” he said proudly.

“W-WHAT?!” all of them cried out in shock.

“What wrong with you all?” he was taken aback with their reaction, “Jiyong had knew her for years already, I heard that they’re close enough to eat from the same plate right now. Am I wrong?” he face them two.

“B-But-”

“Come over here Jiyong-ah..”

Jiyong went and sat beside his grandfather, with Taeyeon at the opposite side with her grandma.

“You two are grown up enough to marry, close enough, work at the same job, and so perfect for each other.” Her grandma said.

“Do you remember Jiyong-ah, you always told me that you want to marry a beautiful singer when you grow up. Here, this is the prettiest singer at our country.”

“Grandpa, we’re both dating at the moment.”

“Right, and we’re like friends and cousins. How can we marry each other?”

“Love always come by the time.”

“Appa, why are you rushing with this? She didn’t reached the age limit yet.”

“It’s the time.”

The parents all stunned at their places.

“What time?” Taeyeon and Jiyong were clueless.

“It’s the time where they should chose the next King and Queen or in these days they call it president of the country.” Seungri’s father answered.

“W-What?” Taeyeon was dumbfounded with this.

“Are you saying right now that Taeyeon noona and hyung are going to be the King and Queen of our country?!” Seungri asked in amazement.

“Exactly, we can’t be here more than this.” their grandma said.

“Actually I want to live my last days with your grandma beside me.” Their grandpa shared romantically. “Please kids take this wish from this elder, I never get to sit with her these days because of all this work.”

“But..”

“What about our work?” Jiyong asked out of nowhere. “Will you let us keep them?”

“Will think about it..”

“Jiyong-ah,” his grandpa called. “I think I should use our hidden card right now.”

Jiyong knew that his grandpa wouldn’t use it carelessly, since he saved it for 10 years already.

“We’ll let you think about this for two days, no more than this.”

 

Taeyeon took her purse and went out angrily.

 

“Taeyeon! Taeyeon wait!..” Jiyong went running after her under the rain.

“What?” she paused for a moment.

He took a breath first, then told her, “Taeyeon, what will you do now?”

“What do you think? Don’t tell me that you’ll approve to this ridiculous situation.”

“What if I asked you a favor to do?”

“W-What?” she was startled with his words.

“Taeyeon, please..” he was acting strangely. “..I know that I’m a bad boy by asking you this, but I really don’t have any other choice than this.”

“Kwon Jiyong, are you telling me to marry you? Not on love but fulfilling a favor for you?” Taeyeon began to get angrier.

“If you agreed on this, I won’t have to leave the industry!” he spat out in a shout.

“What are you talking about?”

“Let’s talk somewhere else..” he held onto her wrist.

She jerked it off and said, “Say it here, what do you mean by leaving the industry?”

He sighed, “You remember when I told you that our families won’t agree on becoming a singers back then? It was because of this fact, where we’re from the royal family.” He said while bowing his head down.

“So?..”

“Surprisingly, when I told my grandpa about the offer I got from Yang president. He approved on that in an instant, but told me that I should do something in return later on..”

“..So the thing that you should do later for him, is marrying me and becoming the next King?” Taeyeon continued.

He nodded with apologetic expression coating his face.

“I’m sorry Taeyeon, I never knew that this would be his favor.”

After few moments of silence, “What if I refused?” Taeyeon said.

Jiyong was shocked with her words, but he knew that he can’t force her on something like this.

“It’s up to your choice Taeyeon. See you later..” He told her and headed to his car.

 

Taeyeon drove her car in frustration and rang someone’s doorbell.

 

“Who is it?”

When they opened the door, it was Choi ajumma.

“Taeyeon-ah? Why are you wet like this? Come in dear.. ”

She hurried and wrapped her with towels.

 

“What happened? What brought you at this late hour?”

Choi uncle were there too.

“A-Ajumma..” she called and her tears fell like a river suddenly.

“Come over here little girl..” she hugged her and kept on caressing her back until she cried all her heart out.

 

“What happened little butterfly?” Choi uncle asked worriedly.

“I found my f-family.” She said.

“What are you talking about? You have your father..”

“My father Kim Jongsuk love my mother a lot as they were studying together at university. But his family didn’t accept their love since my mother was poor and orphan. So they ran away together and got married, but then my grandma found them and threaten my mother since she was powerless and told her to go overseas and get her brother treated, and that she would take care of all the treatment cost if she signed the divorcing papers.”

“Umma! How could she do something like that?”

“My mother really went there and got my uncle hospitalized so he would get treated, then there she met a nice man and got married again. Since she needed someone beside her at that hard time alone at a strange country too, after knowing that she’s having me soon.”

“Did that man knew?”

“Yes, he knew that my mother is carrying me inside her. but yet he took care of me and raised me as his own daughter.”

“What happened later?”

“As I was in my middle school, we both got into a big accident and he passed out there. While I went missing for years already..”

“W-What?” they were surprised.

“What are you talking about?”

“Actually, My father Kim Jongsuk. I never knew that he was my real father till a weak ago.” Taeyeon confessed. “He was the doctor that found me like a dead body nearby the hospital and took care of me through all the three years that I was in coma in them, just laying down on the bed without any sense of life.”

“T-Taeyeon..”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter