Take #3 : First Day of School

Set Me Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 Jiyong’s POV 

 

When I was with my uncle, another call came to him.

“What’s wrong uncle?” I asked as the call ended.

He thought for a moment then told me, “Jiyong-ah can you help me once more?..”

“Of course.”

“Can you go to Taeyeon’s school?”

“Taeyeon? Your daughter?”

“Yes, they said she made a problem there. I can’t go you know.”

“Sure, what should I do?”

He told me everything and left first for his meeting.

 

I was nervous at first before entering, but then opened the door of my car and loaded off taking all my courage with me.

 

“Why aren’t you in your class yet?!” I found someone shouting at me.

“Excuse me?” I told him confusedly.

“Which class are you in? Huh, you’re not wearing your uniform too?-”

“I’m not a student here.” I interrupted him.

“W-What?”

“Where’s the principal’s office please?”

He guided me.

 

“Hello, I’m Kim Taeyeon’s guardian.”

“W-What? But..” she was startled for my young look.

“I’m her guardian for the moment, her parent aren’t available right now.”

“A-Ah I see..”

“So what about our Taeyeon?” Aren’t I taking this act a little over the limit?

“She got into a fight with the girls for the second time in a row, we should take the suitable progression with her according to our school’s rule-”

“I don’t think that should happen.”

“What do you mean?”

“Taeyeon will transfer from this school.”

“What? Why?”

“For a personal reasons, I hope you’ll cooperate and can get her transferring papers by the day.”

“O-Of course.”

 

By that I waited all the time at her office, then got bored there, so I went out in a tour around the school.

It was ordinary school, not as our royal school.

By chance I got to pass by Taeyeon’s class, I stole a glance as the principal was reviewing her papers.

“Which one could be her?” I asked myself as I found out that I was already peeking from the class’s window.

“This skinny at the front desk? No Taeyeon doesn’t look that smart since she’s starting fights, This rounded girl over there? I don’t think so. That one? No, no she doesn’t look like my uncle.” My eyes scanned the whole class till I found that hidden girl at the back of the class that looked familiar. “Oh? She’s the one from before!..” she was sleeping at their history class, “..That’s her.” I concluded to myself.

 

By that when I saw her passing through the students she really did shined out between all of them.

 

“Should we go somewhere else to talk in, I think we’re going to be crashed in here.” I told her trying to end our conversation here.

“I can’t go. I don’t know you.” she told me and left first.

I didn’t expect this reaction from her.

“Taeyeon-ah!” I called.

She paused for a moment then continued her way.

“Wait! Taeyeon!” I called again, while running toward her

She turned suddenly at me, we were just breaths apart.

I was really startled, and my heart were beating fast. What’s wrong with me?

“Don’t go.” I told her breathlessly, while holding into her arm.

“B-But-”

“Your father, Kim Jongsuk sent me.” I confessed.

“My f-father?” she was shocked.

“Your father is my uncle.” I told her, “You’re my cousin Kim Taeyeon.”

Finally I said it.

 

She looked taken aback.

“You’re not lying aren’t you?”

“Why would I?”

“You’re my c-cousin?”

“Yes.”

For my surprise she jumped at me and took me into her arms!

 

“W-What are you doing?-”

“I’m soo happy to meet you cousin~”

Her voice was cracking down, that was when I realized that she was sobbing quietly.

“Are you c-crying?” I asked from the shock.

“C-Crying? W-Who is crying?” she broke the semi-hug and dried her tears quickly.

“Taeyeon, should we go now?” I eyed the startled viewers behind us.

She noticed that, and quietly ride in the passenger’s seat after nodding.

 

“Why are you that happy for knowing about me?” we reached a café nearby.

“I was alone all the time just with my busy dad, know after I knew that I have a cousin I think I can taste some of the life’s flavor like anyone else.”

“What did you do when you were a kid?” I asked while chuckling.

Then to notice that she wasn’t talking.

“I-I’m sorry-”

“No, it’s nothing.” She told me, “Anyway, what a fate. We met in a strange way really.”

“That’s right, who would think that we could meet in this way?”

“My words.” She let out a small chuckle.

I looked at her meaningfully, and thought..

‘Hope you’ll still have this smile after knowing the truth behind your real life.’

“Where did you go to?” she waved her hand at me.

“U-Uh? Nothing I’m with you.”

“I was saying, do I have any other cousin other than you?”

“Hmm, actually your father Kim Jongsuk not my real uncle. He’s my father’s friend so I grew up with him by our side. From young age I call and treat him as my real uncle.”

“What?!” she slammed her mug strongly at the table in disappointment.

“What’s wrong?”

“You lied at me!” she turned to be really emotional at that moment, I could see some tears forming in her eyes.

“Taeyeon, it’s just..”

“..I thought I had a family.”

She stopped the moment with completing her sentence.

I didn’t know what to say, I felt sorry, I regretted lying to her.

“Taeyeon, you can take me as your real cousin.”

She lift her head up.

“I’m your cousin, I will play with you, I’ll study with you, I will protect you, save you, and do everything you wanted to do in this life.”

She look startled with my words.

“Trust me Taeyeon.”

She didn’t say anything for a while, then surprised me with her smile.

“Will you really do all that?”

“W-What?” I was taken aback.

“Will you fulfill and do everything I want?”

“Yes.”

“Then I will trust you.” She told me while smiling. “Right, I don’t know your name yet..”

“Ah, I’m Kwon Jiyong.”

“Jiyong? it’s a nice and rare name.”

I think I blushed at that moment.

 

 

After chatting for a while, we didn’t notice that it was already 8PM.

“Oh look at the time!” she exclaimed. “My father should be at home by now.”

“Let’s go.”

 

 

“Where are you going?” she asked, as she noticed it’s not their way to home.

“You’ll know.”

 

I continue on driving, till we arrived at our destination.

“Where is here?” she asked.

“It’s your house.”

“No, you must have mistaken, you know our house is in the opposite block from here, we met there-”

“Taeyeon-ah!” uncle came out calling for his daughter.

“Appa!” she ran toward his spread arms. “What are you doing here? Where is here?”

“This is our new house.”

“What? Why?”

“I told you it’s not a safe place there. Here it’s the safest neighborhood in this province.” He explained to her.

“Appa, why didn’t you tell me about Jiyong?” she acted as she’s pissed off.

“Sorry my little girl~” he acted all cute with her, which startled me with this new image of my uncle.

I chuckled at them~

“Ah Jiyong-ah, sorry for troubling you all the day along.”

“It’s nothing uncle, I’m always just a call apart.”

“Thank you son.”

“Have a good night.” I told them, then remembered. “Taeyeon, I will pick you up early for the school tomorrow.”

“What? What school?”

“You’ve transferred to Jiyong’s school.” Uncle told her.

“Really? Then I don’t have to face those gangster girls anymore?”

“You little girl!” uncle messed her hair playfully.

It was nice to see my uncle this happy and kid-like once in a long time.

“Then I’ll see you tomorrow, good night.” I told them, and hurried with my Bentley.

 

 

 

 Author’s POV 

 

 

The next day, Jiyong was waiting for Taeyeon at their new house gate from the early morning.

 

Ring, Ring, Ring.

 

“Jiyong, good morning son.” His uncle welcomed him.

“Good morning uncle, how are you?”

“Going crazy with this little girl around me.” He held his head jokingly, “Let me call her for you.”

“Taeyeon-ah!” he shouted for her to come downstairs.

“Uncle till when we’re going to play this act?” Jiyong suddenly asked.

“Till I finish my work with this family matter that came up, I will tell them.”

“If it doesn’t what will you do?”

“Just leave to time.”

“Goodbye appa~” she planted a kiss at his cheek.

“Have a nice day little girl, don’t cause troubles please.” He told Jiyong, “Jiyong-ah, please stop her from causing troubles again.”

“Don’t worry uncle. Then we’ll head out first, take care.”

“Take care you two, see you at dinner.”

“Bye appa~” Taeyeon waved for him, in her n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter