Take #23 : The Marriage

Set Me Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

After that day, Jiyong didn’t have any single day that he could be free at to take Taeyeon out before their marriage take place the next month.

He was busy going from INGIGAYO to M! Countdown to Music Bank. Then BIGBANG got to appear on Happy together as 5 for the first time. After that they got an offer to get running man filmed once again as 5 members, they ended the month to its last day by performing their tour at China’s Guangzhou for two days.

They couldn’t rest and had to return back for the comeback live showcase countdown for the next single ‘A’.

Jiyong had recording with all the members for the first time too at sketchbook on 5th of June. He finished the recording and hurried to take Taeyeon from her practice room at SM’s building.

 

 

“Kwon Jiyong, aren’t we supposed to go to the furniture store?” Taeyeon said as they parked in front of the grocery market.

“Well, the house is almost near to be finished at the moment.”

“What do you mean?” they entered the grocery market.

“A specialist decoration artist that Seunghyun hyung introduced to me is at our house already.”

When Taeyeon heard the two words ‘Our house’ her eyes couldn’t help but to pour their sorrow out that was mixed with happiness too.

Jiyong went and took a cart first.

While Taeyeon dried her tears secretly and followed him.

 

“So, why are we here?” she asked as she caught up with him. “Why is this market this empty?”

“Did you forget? Tomorrow is our marriage.”

“How can I forget it?”

“Then do you remember that we have a party after that?”

“Ah right!” she gasped from the shock that she forgot such an important occasion.

He chuckled at her and continued on rolling the cart between the food’s sections.

“Still I didn’t get why we are here?”

“At the party, don’t you have to serve food?”

She flicked her fingers, “Right, what’s wrong with me?” she laughed.

“I think this was a sudden shock for you Taeyeon.” Jiyong stopped the cart suddenly and told her seriously, “I’m sorry Taeyeon for letting all this happen to you without doing anything in return.”

“Ayee~” she hit his shoulder, “What are you saying? You did more than enough already.” She held onto the cart and started driving it. “Why is it so empty here? This market is really big!” she noticed.

“This is our family’s department store, and this market is related to it. so I reserved it so we can take our freedom.” He replied so calmly.

“W-What?”

“You know no matter how we disguised especially me and you still stun out from all the people in here. So I didn’t have any other choice.”

Taeyeon was still not used for this new style of living high-classed life.

 

“What is this?” Taeyeon asked Jiyong.

“This is the list with the ingredients that we need for tomorrow’s menu.”

“Why do you have it? Who will cook?”

“Our family’s chef will.”

“Then why are you buying the ingredients instead of him?”

“I thought you like things like this..” he said it shyly.

“Aigoo~” she messed his hair.

“Is that not it?..” he asked while pouting.

“It’s totally it! I’m really excited!” she drove the cart impatiently, “Come on let’s go!” she shouted for him.

Jiyong laughed at her, and followed her immediately.

 

“Soya sauce.. black bean paste..” Taeyeon were reading the list for him, and Jiyong would run and get it for her.

“Cabbage.. no not this, the bigger one.. choose the freshest one..” Taeyeon were picky with these stuff that made it hard for Jiyong since it was his first time.

“2 K/g tomatoes.. ½ K/g green onions.. 2 K/g eggplants..” Taeyeon ordered for these from Jiyong, but he was mentally broken down.

“2 K/g w-what?..”

She sighed, “Come I’ll teach you..” she took a nylon plastic bag and started filling it with tomatoes. “..Like this you just select the hard and fresh ones, then you take them to the weight balancing section, where the employee would weight it for you and give you a price.”

“Aha..” Jiyong got what Taeyeon were trying to explain.

“I guess this is the first time for you to come here..”

“Yes it’s.”

“As expected, why would a royal family member come here for?” she said sarcastically while taking some eggplants.

When she lifted her head up, she saw Jiyong looking at her silently while his eyes say everything.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to..”

“What the list say too?”

“I think we need some m-meat..” Taeyeon said.

Jiyong went to the meat section, where an employee was there already. He made an order for the specific quantity that the chef ordered and went to see Taeyeon.

 

“Taeyeon?” 

“I’m here!”

“What are you doing?”

“I’m getting the desert’s ingredients, did you ordered the meat?”

“Uh, what is there more at the list?”

“Hmm..” she scanned through the list, “..we’re all done like this.”

“Really? We got everything?”

Taeyeon look at the 3 carts behind them and laughed, “I think we really got everything here!”

Jiyong looked at them too and laughed, “When did we get all these?”

“My words~” both of them laughed at themselves.

 

They finished shopping for grocery for the first time together successfully.

 

“Where do you want to eat?” Jiyong asked her.

“Let’s just order Jajangmyeon at my place.”

“I’m curving for Jajangmyeon too.”

 

They ordered on their way to Taeyeon’s house, and got their order waiting for them as they reached Taeyeon’s house, after delivering the grocery they got today to family’s kitchen at the royal family residence.

“Thank you.” Jiyong told the delivery man as he took their order and went in with Taeyeon into her place.

 

“Appa~” Taeyeon called.

“Oh you came?” he welcomed her warmly, then noticed behind her his son-in-law and nephew. “Oh? Jiyong? You were together?”

“Annyeonghaseyo uncle~” he bowed down with the food in his hand.

“What is that?”

“Ah, we ordered some Jajangmyeon for dinner.” Taeyeon said and took some from Jiyong’s hands since it was hot. “Wash up you two and come to eat.”

“It looks delicious~” her father were about to steal a yellow pickled radish.

“Appa!” she hit his hand, “Wash up first and then come!” she told him firmly.

“See, this is the life that’s waiting ahead for you soon..” he turned at Jiyong and told him jokingly.

Jiyong laughed.

“Ya! Are you laughing right now? I’m saying this hell is waiting for you?” his uncle joked once again.

“Is there a worse place than hell?”

“What? Why?”

“Since I’ll be that place, if she’s the hell.” He replied kind of romantically.

Taeyeon face turned crimson red.

“I’m going to start eating if you didn’t comeback within 10 minutes!” Taeyeon told them and sat down at the dining table.

They rushed to the bathroom quickly to take a quick shower that Taeyeon ordered them to.

 

“This is the fastest shower I have took in ages!” her father ranted as he was coming down with Jiyong toward the dining table where Taeyeon should be waiting for them there.

“Right me too-” they were stunned to see Taeyeon sleeping there at the table.

“She look really tired..” her father looked closely at her. “..I don’t believe that I’m going to lose her for another man tomorrow’s morning!” he shared sadly, even though that man was just before his sight, while ruffling her hair aside from her face.

“O-Oh!” Taeyeon sensed on his move. “You washed up already?”

“What’s this? The food is cold!” her father nagged jokingly.

“Oh! I must’ve dozed off for a moment, I’m going to heat it up.” She took the dishes and buried them in the microwave. “It won’t take a long time, get seated.” She told them.

 

While she was busy there, “Jiyong-ah, I know that you’ll get married even though you don’t have any feelings toward each other.” Her father and his uncle started talking with his soon-to-be son-in-law. “But I’m really thankful that it was you.”

“What are you saying uncle, I should be thanking you for being my father-in-law.”

“Aren’t you uncomfortable with this?”

“Actually I’m. I don’t’ know how things will change starting from tomorrow’s morning, but I’ll do my best to take a good care of Taeyeon.”

“Don’t think by being my nephew that I won’t kill you if you made her cry or hurt her in any way!”

He bowed down playfully, “I won’t ever sir. Please take care of me.”

His uncle laughed at him and tapped at his shoulder assuredly.

 

“What are you two doing?” Taeyeon asked as she brought the food back.

“Oh~~ the smell is killing for!” her father reacted to change the topic. “Jiyong-ah, Mian-hae. This will be your lunch menu for months from now on!”

“Ah appa!” Taeyeon whined and hit her father’s shoulder playfully.

Laughter bloomed between them all along the night together happily.

 

 

“Yeoboseyo?” Jiyong picked up his crying phone from the early morning.

“You just picked it up? This is my 22th try!” some woman yelled loud enough for Jiyong to hear it with the phone a meter away from his ear.

“Ah umma~ what’s wrong?” he whined lazily while trying to return to his dreamland again.

“What’s wrong? She impersonated mockingly. “Where are you little rascal?” she shrieked once again.

“Me?” he opened his eyes slowly and look around, to see himself at..

“Ya! Perhaps are you at Jongsuk’s house?” his mother guessed.

“Umma it’s just-”

“YA KWON JIYONG!!” she cried her lungs out.

“Umma, it’s not what you’re thinking of!-”

“How can you stay there? When you’re going to get married now?”

“What time is it?” he asked.

“Ya it’s already 10!” she shouted at him, “Hurry and come now, everyone is waiting!”

“Okay.”

 

He rolled from the bed, and rushed toward his car.

“Jiyong-ah, where are you going?-”

His uncle called, but Jiyong didn’t get to hear him.

 

Taeyeon where at her regular hair shop ‘Allu’ to get ready for such an important occasion in her life even though it was just a deal between them in reality, but in papers they’re officially married couple.

 

 

“You look b-beautiful!..” her father was stunned as he saw her walking down from the shop’s stairs.

“Is it okay?” she asked nervously.

“It’s perfectness in all its meanings.”

Taeyeon’s cheeks contoured in crimson red at that very moment.

“Should we go now? They must be waiting for us..” he curtsied and gave her his hand.

“Sure.” She took his hand and got into the car elegantly.

 

 

The Catholic Church – City of Seoul

Gyeonggi Province – South Korea

 

 

They climbed the stairs hand by hand nervously, she can’t believe that all this happening to her, while he’s not believing that he’s going to send off her one and only child like this and in this way too.

“Taeyeon-ah..” he called as they were just few steps away from the hall’s door.

“U-Uh?” she was startled.

“..I’m really sorry and also happy for you.” He told her while bowing his head down.

“Appa~ I’m really happy. Don’t worry about me and just smile~” she pinched his both cheeks to draw a smile on his face.

He smile sincerely. “Should we go now?” He arched his arm to give Taeyeon a space to lock his arm with him before entering together.

She took a deep breath and linked arms with him while smiling, “Let’s go~” she said cheerfully and entered.

“Wait!” someone called from the back.

As they turned, it was Secretary Lee.

“You forgot to have this Mrs.” He gave her the flower bouquet.

Taeyeon held it and linked her arm with her father’s, then took her first step in.

 

The doors were opened widely the moment they stood behind them.

 

Kim Jongsuk, took his daughter that was linking arms with happily to the red headed man that she’s going to start her new life with.

 

 

He looked really nervous and stunned with Taeyeon’s gorgeous beauty.

All their family members were applauding for them, with smiles coating their faces.

Flowers were raining at Taeyeon from both sides as she entered with her father.

Even though they didn’t want a formal wedding, they got a simple and small wedding at the church.

 

Taeyeon got delivered to her cousin and future-husband red headed Kwon Jiyong.

 

Jiyong bowed down respectfully to his uncle as he gave him his daughter and tapped at his shoulder saying, “I’m counting on you with her now.” He told him sincerely and left to get seated next to his parents.

 

Taeyeon looked at Jiyong and chuckled.

“What?” Jiyong whispered.

“How can you come with this hair?” she said while trying to hold her laugh.

“Ah don’t mention it, I’m dying from embarrassment right here too!” he bowed his head in humiliation.

 

“Should we start?” the priest asked.

They nodded.

“So here is your vows.. please reply out loudly..” the priest told them.

“Mr. Kwon Jiyong, do you take Mrs. Kim Taeyeon to be your wedded Wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until death do you two part?” he asked.

Jiyong hands got suddenly held by the person next to him.

He looked up to see Taeyeon there smiling to him, while nervousness could be seen on her face clearly.

While never taking his gaze out from her eyes he replied proudly, “Yes, I do.”

Their family applauded happily.

“Mrs. Kim Taeyeon, do you take Mr. Kwon Jiyong to be your wedded Husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish, and to obey, till death do you two part?” he asked again.

With her looking into Jiyong’s eyes and holding his hand she answered confidently, “Yes, I do.”

But both in their heart they were uneasy about breaking this vow one day, and they knew that this day is sooner than ever from this moment.

“You can put the rings now..” the priest told them.

They were surprised by having the doors opened that moment, revealing the most beloved people in Taeyeon’s life coming out from shining sun rays.

It was the Choi’s family, Choi Ajumma linking arms with Choi uncle, also Hyeyoon with Taeyeon little teddy bear Yeon Jun held with his father’s arms.

 

Jun’s father curtsied, landing Jun down. “Go..” he signed for him.

Jun ran toward his aunt Taeyeon holding a basket filled with flowers.

 

He went up toward the groom and the bride, handing them the basket.

Taeyeon curtsied down toward him, “Jun-ah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter