CHAPTER ONE: New guy, maybe new hope

The scars in the winter night~ (wont be updated anymore)

 


Eunhyuk’s P.O.V.

 

“Teacher?”  A student said to the teacher who wasn’t there just for teasing me. “We can’t shower here, we have a with us, and I don’t want him to look at me.”

Everyone laughed while I just stood there. I was used to this, so I didn’t actually show them that I cared. The worst was that Leeteuk laughed with everyone…he was my friend…until he found out I was gay…then he turned almost everyone against me. They almost went to the principal for getting me out of school because they couldn’t shower after gym.

But they didn’t have to worry; I used to walk all the way home and shower there. But seriously…I hope every year that they will be a bit different during Christmas Eve, but every year I am wrong as always…they hate me all year.

So I walked my way home, the same, long and boring road. All the way to my house, if you can call it a house. It’s in the outer courts of the city. There is almost none people here, and my ‘house’ is really small. Living room, kitchen and bedroom is in the same room, my bed is actually a broken twin bed, but it is soft enough. I have electricity to the refrigerator, and water to the very small bathroom, but it is not me who pays. It is a really nice old man who is helping me. As long as I work for them some times. And they don’t tell anyone that I live here. You see…the orphanage and police is still looking after me, even if I am 18…it’s been 8 years, but they still can’t confirm me dead. So I go by the name of Lee Eunhyuk. My real name is Lee Hyukjae.

I took a quick shower, even if I didn’t pay, I didn’t want them to pay too much for me.

Someone knocked on the door and I opened careful…My door wasn’t actually locked that well. But it was only the old man. “Hello Eunhyuk” he smiled. “Hello” I said

“I just wanted to tell you that tomorrow the water will be gone for a few hours tomorrow”

I nod “Okay, is it some work I need to do now?”

He smiled “You always ask”

“But I need to pay back for your kindness”

“If you have time you can delivery for my store?”

I nod “Just wait a minute and I’ll be there”

-

After I had come to the store I had gotten a backpack with stuff and an address list. Some of them remembered me from other deliveries and smiled when I came, and I sent a fake smile back…the only ones I could smile to without faking was the old man, and his wife. For seriously, they do a lot for me, I could have lived with them if I wanted, but I said that I didn’t want to be a bother. They tried to insist, but I still said no.

After 10 houses I started to get tired, but it was only one house left…I wided my eyes. That was a new address, and in was in the royal street. Only rich people live in the royal street, and I would come as that poor guy…but I am a poor guy, so who cares? I went to the royal street and found the big house. My feets shivered a bit as I walked toward the door and I swallowed before I rang the doorbell. A minute went…it must be a big house since it is taking a while to get to the door. I wonder how it is to live in there. I rang the doorbell again, and now someone opened.

I got a bit muted. He was damn handsome, his eyes, his lips and his hair…his whole face was perfect and his body…I shook my head lightly. “Emm…hi” I stemmed. Dear god tell me I’m not blushing.

“Hello” he greeted.

“Your order” I said and took the stuff out of the backpack.

“Oh thanks a lot…I am new here, Donghae”

“I’m Eunhyuk, are you going to start at school?”

He nod “Tomorrow”

“Emmm…maybe I can show you around town? I have more deliveries”

“Can I?” he lighted up.

“Sure”

Then he took his jacket and shoes on and we both went out. A bit awkward, I didn’t actually think he would say yes, but he did…but I guess he want friends on this new place…a friend? Maybe I could get a friend now.

“Emmm…I hope it will be snow on the ground before Christmas” I started the conversation, and he agreed “Yes, I hope so too”

It was a silent when we entered the store to get the rest of the stuff.

“You don’t need to delivery everything on one day you know” the old man said.

“I am gonna show this new guy around, so I can delivery at the same time”

The old man smiled at Donghae “You’re new here?”

Donghae nod and took out a hand “I am Donghae”

They shook hands.

“Then let’s go” I said and we went out.

“Are you related?”

I shook my head “I am just working for him”

I showed him around as I delivered, but stopped outside the last house…I absolutely didn’t want to go in there. “Is it something?” Donghae asked, but I shook my head and walked toward the door “Nope”

I knock on the door and I felt my heart beat fast as a…I don’t know…something that beats fast.

Of course he had to open…of all people he had to…why not his mom or dad?

“Oh, hi Eunhyuk” Leeteuk said

“Hi, I am delivering” I said and gave him the stuff.

Leeteuk looked at Donghae then at me before he closed the door without a thank you, he only said “Ok”

Donghae looked at me when I just stood there and stared at the door “Eunhyuk? You ok?”

“Yes, that was the last house, I have to go home, meet tomorrow?”

“Sure, can I have your phone number?”

I blushed when I said “I…I don’t have one”

“Ow…then let’s meet at school?”

“Yes”

I smiled that night when I laid myself on the bed. He had smiled to me, been nice to me and maybe we could be friends. But how naïve could I get…I was hoping too much.

Next day I slept too long and hurried to school as fast as light. I came to school just in time for lunch, and looked for Donghae. He walked toward a table and I ran to him “Hi”

He seemed uncomfortable and like he wanted to run away “Emmm…Hey EUnhyuk…I…”

“Shall we sit together?”

“Emm…I had…I promised someone else since I thought you would not come”

“Ow…who?” I said a bit suspicious.

“Hey Donghae come here” Leeteuk said.

I looked at Donghae “So you know…”

“Look, it is not that I have anything against…”

“I understand, I completely understand…I shall not stand in your way”

“Eunhyuk I don’t mean”

“Whatever” I walked away from him, and I heard Leeteuk say do Donghae “Don’t think about him, who knows what he’ll do to you if you hang out with him…because you are good looking…don’t take the chance to waste it on him”

“I am not gay” Donghae said, and the other laughed and said they know.

“Lunch Eunhyuk?” The lunch lady asked, but I just looked at her and shook my head as I walked past her, out from school, they didn’t need to know that I had been here…

When I came home I sat myself on the floor and found a knife, held it against my wirst…but stopped, and tear fell from my eyes as I started to shiver.