You're Pretty

Unexpectedly

"Are you gonna ignore me the entire ride?" he asked after a long moment of silence.

I sighed and shifted awkwardly around my seat just to let him know I heard him.

"Okay, I'm sorry if I keep on making things weird between us. I won't do it again." he said sincerely.

"Yaksukhae." (Promise me.)

"Yaksuk." (I promise.)

He looked at me and I gave him a small smile before looking out the window again.

"Ya chingu!" he shouted as he suddenly pulled the car over.

I looked at him in utter surprise.

"Forgive me already. Let's continue being friends, okay? Okay? Okay?" he repeated.

I closed my eyes as I heaved a sigh. "Okay." I replied as I extended an open palm.

He shook it and pulled me in to a tight hug. Before I could even protest, he released me. "You're the best, chingu." he added as he winked at me.

I could only roll my eyes at him. I never expected him to be this childish.

~~~~~

It was a 30-minute ride.

He rounded the car and opened the door for me again. I never really took him for a gentleman. But I'm starting to get used to this.

"Kaja, chinguya!" he happily sang through the mask he wore before getting out of the car, as he grabbed my left wrist.

I can only see a portion of his cheeks but I could tell that he was smiling when he pulled me. His job must be stressing him out so much that he even enjoys the company of a total stranger.

I suddenly felt a pang of sadness.

If I have to go with him to places just to make him happy for a day, so be it. I don't mind if I get tired. At least I get to tour around Seoul too. For free at that. And with the most famous celebrity in South Korea even. I don't think I have anything to lose - besides a disgusting amount of energy.

I caught myself smiling like a hopelessly in love girl while staring at GD trying on beanies at the first stall we stopped by. I had to mentally kick myself. Good thing I'm also wearing a mask.

He gently placed a red beanie with bear ears on my head. I tried to calm my heart but it was beating like a hummingbird's. Okay, that was an exaggeration.

He cupped my face and playfully shook it a little. "You're pretty." he commented. Again, I thank my ancestors for my brown skin.

"Because I'm wearing a mask. But thank you." I replied sarcastically.

He sighed as he released my face. He flicked my forehead before looking for another beanie.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"Was hoping to get you back to your senses and become a little confident about yourself." he explained casually, not bothering to look at me.

"Uhh, awkwardness alert?" I warned with a 'duh' tone.

He just shrugged his shoulders and went on to try the pink beanie with an AC/DC logo he found.

-----

This is a very short one! Sorryyy~