Godly Collarbone

Unexpectedly

We didn't get to wear hanboks because there were too many tourists in Gyeongbokgung Palace. He didn't want to be recognized.

"Where should we go next?" he pondered. "Wait. Let's think about it in the car. I think people are starting to recognize me. I left my mask in the car."

I just kept nodding and agreeing to him. He was fast to recover from the hug incident. I'm still thinking about it. Maybe I'm just overthinking things. Maybe it wasn't even a big deal to him.

Come on, Maki. Get over yourself.

We walked silently to where he parked his car.

I just trailed behind him, looking at the ground while walking.

I came into a halt when I bumped my head on something hard. I looked up to see who it was. I immediately took a small step back upon seeing his face a little too close to mine.

Of course, it was GD. But he was facing me. Turns out, that something hard was his godly collarbone.

"Waeyo?" I asked, still in a daze due to the closeness of our body.

He took a step closer, leaving only a few inches between us.

"W-why?" I asked again, not looking up.

And then the unexpected happened.

He hugged me. He freaking hugged me. This time, it's not just sort of. Now it's for real and on purpose.

"A person can hug his friend, right?" he asked, tightening his arms around me.

"S-sure." I replied, also wrapping my arms around his small body, with my insecurities starting to swallow me up for my body being almost twice as large as his.

We stayed like this for a few seconds that oddly felt like forever. I still couldn't understand what was happening.

And then I heard him say, "Please stop thinking too much." I almost thought I was thinking out loud.

But I did what he said. I freed my mind. I let my body relax. I didn't even realize I was tense the whole time.

I leaned onto him and enjoyed his scent. He's like the most fragrant person I've ever smelt.

I felt him rest his cheek on top of my head as he sighed.

"This is nice." he commented. "I've never hugged anyone like this in a long time." He then released me. I wanted to protest and pull him back again but I held myself back.

I just smiled at him shyly, my eyes wandering.

"Ya chingu. Nahante saranghaji ma." (Hey, friend. Don't fall in love with me.) he teased, poking at my forehead.

I glared at him and stormed off. How could he say that when he was the one who initiated the hug?

"Chinguya! Kajima!" (Friend! Don't go!) I heard him call out.

When he managed to catch up, he placed his right arm around my shoulders.

"You mad? You mad? You mad?" he asked repeatedly while poking my left cheek with his free hand.

"Hajima." (Don't do it.)

But he just went on and on.

"Hajimallago." (I said don't do it.) I repeated, feigning anger.

He poked it one last time and then burst into laughter.

By then we were already nearing his car. He opened the passenger door for me and I slid myself inside, arms crossed.

He handed me my bag and said, "Perhaps you'd like to hug this as a substitute for now. I'm gonna be busy driving." He then lowered his sunglasses to wink at me teasingly before rounding the car to the driver side.

"Funny." I said humorlessly.

He let out a laugh as he pulled out of the parking lot. "Is there a particular place you want to see?"

"I don't know. Is there a place you recommend?" I asked, enjoying the view outside, not even bothering to look at him.

"I'd recommend my place but it's a mess right now." he responded casually.

At that, I automatically turned my head to look at him with wide eyes. "What?"

He didn't look at me but I saw a smirk form in his lips. "Relax. I was just goofing around." he said and then chuckled.

"It's not funny."

He just shrugged his shoulders. "Wanna go shopping?" he suggested.

"I-I don't have that much money with me." I said, embarrassed. At that moment, I got reminded that this guy I am with right now is filthy rich. Does he go shopping whenever he's bored?

"Oh, come on. It's on me." he persuaded.

"I think I'm gonna p-"

"Is that a yes? That's a yes. Myeong-dong, here we come!"

He's never gonna take "no" for an answer, is he?

-----