Pig Out Sesh

Unexpectedly

He practically walked me. He was guiding me by gently holding me on the shoulder opposite him. We seriously look like a couple!

"Kaja." (Let's go.) he said in front of an eat-all-you-can Korean Barbecue restaurant. His smile was so friendly and tender.

The sound of pork being barbecued greeted us. I unconsciously swallowed which I hope he didn't notice. It was already embarrassing enough that I had a hungry face on.

I didn't notice him looking at me with an amused smile plastered on his face. When I turned to look at him, he chuckled - the cutest and hottest at the same time that I've ever seen in my entire existence - and said, "I can see that you're starving through your eyes."

Okay. That was embarrassing. Wait. Is it just me or are we really close now? I blushed at the thought of that. Good thing my skin is brown.

We were seated in a corner far from the entrance. I think he chose this table for obvious reasons - so he won't get recognized, even if there was only a few people inside the restaurant. I don't want that to happen too. I'm very happy now and I don't need anyone interrupting this particular moment in my life. This is one I'll forever cherish and be proud of.

"Since you saved me from losing one month worth of allowance, this is my treat. You can eat whatever you want." he said with all friendliness and kindness in every word. Plus that lovable smile of his.

I tried so hard to hold myself back. I want to pull him into a tight hug and never let go. He probably had a clue that my mind was already running wild because he blinked, waiting for a response.

"Uhm, uh, a pig out sesh for b-breakfast?" I stuttered, followed by a nervous laugh.

He actually laughed at that, even covering his face with his palms and shaking his head a little. He quickly recovered and asked, "What's your name again? Sorry, I forgot to ask."

"Uhm, I'm Maki." I replied, scratching the back of my head while smiling awkwardly.

"Sounds Japanese. Are you? Japanese I mean."

"Actually, no. I'm from the Philippines."

"Woah. You're on vacation?"

"No. Ish. I'm an exchange student." I proudly replied.

"Ah jinjja? For how long?" he said with sort of a sad face. I'm not really sure if that's what he feels or it's only an act.

"One year." I answered and he replied with a nod.

Our waiter then set our table. GD placed thin slices of beef in our table's grill. As he flips them, he occasionally looks at me and smiles. And of course, I smile back awkwardly.

"Igeo meogo." (Here, eat this.) he said before blowing the small slice of beef he cut, then gave it to me. I had a hunch that he meant to feed it to me because his chopsticks were at the same height as my mouth, but I was too nervous and startled so I clumsily grabbed a lettuce and received the beef with it. I gave him a quick glance and stuffed my lettuce with kimchi and radish, not noticing that my lettuce wrap already became as big as my fist, then ate it. I tried to chew as gracefully as I could but I was too nervous and I almost choked to death.

"You okay?" he asked with a worried face and handed me a glass of water.

I tried to smile as I nodded repeatedly, then took a sip. After chewing with a lot of effort, I finally emptied my mouth. I heaved a sigh of relief. I secretly looked at him but he caught me. He sighed too. He still has that worried expression on his face. But I don't fully believe him. I think it's just an act. While I was struggling to save my life, I saw him holding his phone with his left hand and probably texting.

What am I even thinking? I'm not expecting him to care for me. I protected his wallet not thinking about anything in return. It's just... I want us to be close. I want to be friends with him. I'm sure I'm not saying this only because I'm his fan. I'm not even a real fan! I just think he's handsome, and he's got a captivating voice. Maybe that. Maybe because he's charismatic, so I want to be friends with him. But what's wrong with that? I'm not even dreaming of becoming his girlfriend. Gee, Maki! It's not like he's going to like you. With a face like his? And a face like yours? Don't even go there.

The thoughts running in my mind caused me to sigh deeply again without noticing it.

"Uh, Maki. You okay?" he asked.

I came back to my senses. He just called my name and that caused my insides to jerk. "What? Oh, yes." I reassured and flashed a smile.

He smiled back. It looked so genuine I almost fell for it.

Maki, don't. He's handsome. That's why you're acting like that. Don't make it a big deal. And for heaven's sake, he's 7 years older than you!

-----