His Scary Side

Unexpectedly

     "GD." I breathed out. His sarcastic tone sent chills down my spine. Why does it feel like I'm witnessing his scary side? He seems really mad at me. What the hell did I do? 

     He approached me and his every step sounded like a warning, telling me that I should probably run while I still could. "Did the kiss feel good?" he asked in a cold voice. I looked at him in the eyes and saw a grim expression.

     Did somethinng awful happen while he was gone?

     "Did you like it?" he asked again when I wouldn't answer.

     Why does he sound like I did something really bad? He's making me feel guilty and I don't even know why. I wasn't even the one who initiated the kiss. It wasn't even a kiss kiss. Dong Jun just gave me a peck on the forehead. A very light one!

     I don't have to put up with this.

     "He caught me off guard." I told him. Why am I even explaining? It's making me feel like a woman caught cheating on his man, red-handed. "Why are you so mad at me?" I finally asked him, my voice cracking at the last word.

     His expression softened upon hearing my voice break. He held my shoulders tenderly and then apologized. "I'm sorry." He hugged me and squeezed me tight.

     Oh, God, I missed his scent. But it was mixed with the smell of alcohol. Had he been drinking?

     "I'm so sorry." he apologized again, still hugging me.

     "Don't apologize. I want to know why. What did I do wrong that you had to talk to me like that?" I pressed.

     He broke the hug and faced me. "It's just that.. I was calling you for thirty minutes but you wouldn't answer. Then I figured that maybe you were taking a nap or busy doing something, so, I wanted to buy you a Raspberry Frappe and then come back and call you again to give you the drink, but when I entered the coffee shop, I saw you there. On a double date. And before I knew it, I was already fuming." he explained. He didn't sound drunk at all. His words weren't slurred. He spoke perfectly fine.

     I was supposed to feel guilty for making him feel ignored because my stupid self forgot to bring her cellphone, but instead, my heart melt and I felt butterflies in my stomach. And then the butterflies started flapping their wings wildly until my stomach already felt like exploding.

     "I'm sorry for getting mad." he apologized once more.

     I smiled at him and told him that it's okay. Because seriously, who can resist a GD with sparkling eyes?

     "But I don't like that guy." he declared.

     "But he's nice." I told him.

     "Anyone who kisses my chingu is not nice." he argued.

     If I had a fair skin, I would probably look like a tomato right then. His possessiveness made the butterflies in my stomach flap their wings more wildly, like they weren't already aggressively doing so. "He was just being friendly." I defended.

     "He likes you! Korean people do not do that to be friendly, especially on the first date!" he almost shouted. And, he's getting mad again.

     "We've already known each other before that. He's a student in my university and we have the same degree. I just didn't know that Emma's date was going to bring him." I explained.

     "Okay, so now, you think he's your soulmate or something." he said sarcastically.

     "Dear God, this is not a Korean drama!" I exclaimed. His sarcasm is seriously starting to get into my nerves.

     "He likes you!" he insisted. "Why are you so oblivious!?" His piercing gaze searched my face and the hair rose on the back of my neck. If this is his scary side, I never ever want to see it again.

     "I'm not oblivious! I just don't want to think so highly of myself!" I countered. What, does he know me more than I do now?

     "You are oblivious!"

     "I'm no-"

     I wasn't able to finish my rant because a pair of lips stopped me from doing so. His lips were on mine. G-Dragon's lips were on mine. The lips of Kwon Ji freaking Yong were on mine.

     For a second, our lips just froze there, our eyes avoided each other. Neither of us moved further nor pulled away. We stayed still, tension starting to rise. Almost simultaneously, we closed our eyes and started to move our lips, and they danced in synchrony. He held my face gently but with possessiveness and kissed me passionately, making me lose my sanity. His lips had a masculine taste that made me go all gaga over him. The faint taste of alcohol in his mouth befuddled me and I clung onto him like my life depended on it, like if he moved an inch away, I would lose him forever. One of his hands moved to my nape, sending me shivers down my spine. His other hand slid down to my waist, creating a burning sensation in my core. He deepened the kiss, like it wasn't already intense.

     I was left craving for more when his lips briefly left mine to gasp for air. His breathing felt like love potion on my lips, sending me into oblivion in every breath. It was the first kiss I've ever had but it felt like it was already the best one. "Let's go inside the car before anyone sees us." he mumbled. He held my hand and pulled me toward his car. I was snapped back into reality almost instantly. The guy I have just been lip-locking with is a famous idol, who didn't even bother to disguise, and if someone took a picture of us while having that intimate moment, his career is over.

     "What's wrong?" he asked with a gruff voice. "Oh, no. Please tell me you liked it, too." he begged. "Was I too harsh?"

     "No, no, I'm worried about you. What if someone already saw us and took a picture of us?"

     "If that's so, it should be on the internet by now and my phone, which you dented a while ago, would already be blaring." he reassured, reaching out to me. "See, no one's calling." He flashed me a smile and caressed my cheek but I resisted leaning into it.

     Now that I'm sane enough to think clearly, what the hell just happened?

     "Is there anything else you're worried about?" he asked.

     As much as I don't want to appear desperate, it has to be put out there. "Wh-what happened? I mean, why-"

     He cut me off by planting a kiss on my lips. It was brief but sweet and loving. "Does that answer your question?" he asked, smiling.

     "Why.. Why me?"

     "Because." he answered.

     "Okay, that explains all." I replied sarcastically, laughing a little.

     "You and your sarcastic remarks." he cooed and then gave me a peck on the lips.

     I held his gaze for a good five seconds. I wanted to initiate a kiss, myself, but my insecurities were holding me back.

     "If you're not going to kiss me, don't make me wait for it." he complained.

     I smiled and then leaned in closer to his lips. But I couldn't do it. I couldn't. Instead, I gave him a peck on the cheek.

     "Did you just put me in the friendzone?" he whined. "Because according to kiss experts, a kiss on the cheek is not a kiss. It's symbolic of wanting to be friends."

     To shut him up, I gave him a quick kiss on the lips and got out of his car as fast as I could. I entered the gate without looking back due to embarrassment. Or possibly because I couldn't stop myself from smiling from ear to ear and I didn't want him to see it.

     "Maki! Why are you home just now?" Emma questioned as soon as I stepped inside our room. How come she's already here?

     I bowed and smiled to the two unnies and walked past Emma toward my bed. "I'm really tired, Emma."

     "I don't think so. You're grinning like a crazy woman, like someone who just..." she trailed, then drooped.

     "Who just what?" I asked innocently.

     "You, Maki, you! Don't tell me you and Dong Jun..."

     "Oh, dear God! You're gross!" I exclaimed. Why would she think that Dong Jun and I... reached that point? That is ridiculous!

~~~~~

     "Hey. Feeling better?" Dong Jun asked.

     "Yeah. Thanks for sending me home last night." I would have been more grateful if he hadn't kissed me on the forehead. But, in a way, it was helpful. Had he not kissed me, GD probably wouldn't have kissed me, too.

     "You're welcome." he replied with a smile. "Wanna grub lunch?"

     Yes, please. I'm starving. "Sure. I was heading to the cafeteria anyway." I told him.

     There were only a few people in the cafeteria so we were able to get lunch without the hassle of lining up. The two of us were eating quietly when my phone in my pocket vibrated. I fished it out as fast as I could and checked but there was nothing. No message, no call.

     "You know, if you're constantly thinking about your phone, to the point that you try to be very aware of it so that you'll feel it when it vibrates, you'll start to experience getting a feeling that it vibrates from time to time, even if it doesn't." Dong Jun remarked.

     "Good point." I replied curtly.

     "Seriously, whose message are you waiting?" he asked.

     GD's. I've been waiting for him to send me a message but up until now, there's none. It got me questioning whether what happened last night between us really happened.

     "Maki! Dong Jun!" Emma greeted, sitting down beside me. "Ooh. Already on your second date? Or should I say, first date alone?" she teased.

     "We're just friends, Emma." I told her.

     "Why so defensive?"

     Before I could even give a comeback, she already stood up and walked away. She went to Eric who just entered the cafeteria. She's so, so, so head over heels for Eric.

     I nearly jumped out of my skin when my phone vibrated. It's for real this time. And it's from GD. Finally!

     I'm going back to China.

     My heart sank when I read his very short message. It's not just short. It's... unemotional.

     Why so sudden? Can I meet you before you go?

     Shortly after sending my reply, I was notified that he had already read it. I patiently waited for his response but there was none.

     "Maki, I have to go." Dong Jun told me. He was already done eating.

     I just nodded as I continued to wait for GD's reply. But still, nothing.

     Nothing.

     Still nothing!

     I knew it! He was just drunk. Why did I have to fall for his games? I am so stupid! And gullible!

     I started sobbing before I even knew it. I started to cry right when people started to pile in. Great timing.

     "Maki. Are you okay? Why are you crying?" Dong Jun asked. He actually came back when he heard me sobbing. Why can't GD be a little more caring like Dong Jun? Why did he have to kiss me if he was just going to regret it anyway? Why me, of all people? I caved in and this is what I get? Why did he have to make me feel special if he was just going to leave me hanging?

-----