Special Indeed

Unexpectedly

Guess where he took me. No? Under a Han River bridge. Yep. Freaking under a bridge. Special place indeed. I've only since this in Korean Dramas! Can I hug him? Damn, I feel the urge to hug him. No, Maki, no. Pull your together!

"Like it?" he asked, snapping me back to reality, which is not bad at all, because a beautiful face is smiling at me.

"Very much." I answered with a big smile that I couldn't contain anymore.

"I'm glad." he answered back.

He then took the food containers out of the plastic bags and placed it on the hood of the car where we are currently seated. No, not actually sitting. Our backs are leaned against the front of the car.

I inhaled the delicious scent of the Korean foods he bought happily, with closed eyes even, to make it more KDrama-like. I opened one eye to steal a glance at GD but he caught me. Does this mean he was looking at me the entire time? He looked so serious though.

I opened my other eye and then cleared my throat. "Gomawo." I thanked him.

He smiled and ruffled my hair. "Mokja." (Let's eat.) he invited.

I really wish I washed my hair earlier before leaving the dorm.

He gave me a bowl of rice and a pair of chopsticks. We munched on the food silently while facing the famous River of South Korea.

"This is one of my favorite places." he told me all of a sudden. "I'm seriously glad you liked it."

"What do you like so much about this place?" I asked him as I took a sip of water.

"It's quiet. Well, except when it's being used for filming dramas. Or when other people are also hanging out here. Good thing we're the only ones that are here right now."

I nodded in understanding. I like quiet places too. The faint sound of the flowing river calms me. The occasional sound of cars passing through the bridge compliments it perfectly.

"Do you like quiet places too?" he asked.

I smiled and nodded. "It's my comfort."

"Actually, I hate quiet places but I like it at the same time. Loud noise, like in parties, makes me forget about my loneliness but when it's quiet, it swallows me again. But oddly, it's where I find my comfort too. Maybe I have been used to being lonely already." he stated as he stared at the vast river in front of him.

At that particular moment, I really, really wanted to hug him. My heart saddened upon hearing his words. He must have been really lonely in the show business industry. I want to do something, anything, to ease his loneliness. The sadness in his eyes is heart-breaking. I've already heard before that he said in a variety show that he's feeling lonely sometimes but I just shrugged it off. Now that I'm seeing for myself how that affected him, I want nothing but to do everything I can to paint a smile on his face.

"I know you want to hug me." he teased without looking at me. "Come on, it's free."

I fake-glared at him and smacked his arm. He just chuckled. But I didn't lift my hand from his arm afterwards. I held it tenderly as my thumb made circles on his arm as if to comfort him.

He turned his gaze towards me and then pulled my body closer to him. He stood up straight and hugged me. I hugged him back.

"I could get used to this." he muttered.

"Come on, it's free." I playfully mimicked.

We laughed as we both tightened our hold of each other.

Is this weird? Yes, it is. Does it feel great? Hell, yeah. To the extent that I don't care anymore that we just met less than ten hours ago.

-----

A moment of silence for the ship sailing in the Han River. ❤️