Chicken And Maekju

Unexpectedly

     "Neo gwanchanha?" GD asked as he gently pat and caressed my back.

     I gave him an are-you-out-of-your-mind look which he returned with an innocent one, like what he asked is not a big deal at all.

     "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" he innocently asked, his brows knitted together.

     "Chingu, you just asked me to spend the night here with you. Alone. Just the two of us." I reiterated, doing it slowly to let the idea sink into him.

     "So? We're friends. It's not like we're gonna sleep in one bed or something." he answered in dead malice.

     Is this guy serious? He couldn't be, right?

     I was wide-eyed and my mouth drooped open as I took in his nonchalance.

     "You're not really serious, are you?" I asked again to make sure before I fall again into another trap.

     He nodded with pursed lips with a neutral facial expression.

     I heaved a sigh as I realized that he actually is serious. Now, all I have to do is make a decision.

     Yes?

     No?

     "So..?" he asked, looking hopeful with puppy eyes. If it wasn't for those orbs that always get me every time he puts me in situations like this, I would have already taken off like a mad man because he's acting too nice, too good to be true.

     I let out a sigh again because I know exactly what my answer is. I don't have to go early to school tomorrow for the registration anyway so it's fine. "Okay. It's not like I have any other choice. Right?" I told him, rolling my eyes to conceal an inner delight that is forcefully making its way out, all the way to my face to let out a wide smile.

     He placed his arm around my shoulders and put me in a headlock. "Alright! This is gonna be one helluva sleepover! We'll braid each other's hair. Paint each other's nails. And, oh! We'll sing songs too!" he excitedly blurted out.

     What on earth did I just hear, coming out of his very own lips? "And we'll play dolls too!" I sarcastically added as I freed my head off his strong arm.

     In a matter of minutes, I went from just visiting to having a sleepover. Just how exactly do these surprising turn of events keep happening in a period of two days? 

     "See? I told you we're gonna have fun!" he chirped a little too gay.

     I was put in a fit of uncontrollable laughter for a good minute because damn! He's silly and adorable! The combination of both sure gives anyone a funny feeling inside. And I still can't quite put a name on that funny feeling.

     But I'm gonna go ahead and name his effect on me the G-Dragon Syndrome. But there isn't a full definition for it yet because I don't think this is all. The guy sure is full of topnotch surprises.

~~~~~

     The two bunkbeds sat perpendicular to each other and we claimed each of the lower beds. My bunkbed is the one intersecting his so I'd probably be having the best time of my life staring at his handsome face when he's asleep. And if ever I'd fall asleep first, he'd just be able to see the top of my head. I'm not sure yet how I look like when sleeping so I'd rather not find out from him.

     "What do you wanna eat for lunch?" he asked, not bothering to look. He was busy texting in his phone. His brows were drawn to each other in concentration.

     I pursed my lips as I tried to think of the food I would want to eat when in Korea. Their bibimbap? Jajjangmyeon?

     "How about a delivery?" he suggested when he saw that I haven't come up with anything yet.

     A delivery is fine but the weather is nice outside. I unknowingly frowned at the idea of not being able to take a walk with him outside in such a nice day. But then again, the good feeling is probably coming from the fact that the two of us are together again, sitting in the same room, about to spend the whole day in each other's company.

     "You don't wanna?" he asked when it took me long to answer.

     I immediately turned the frown upside down and smilingly gave his suggestion a thought. "Chicken and maekju." I suggested, thrilled at the idea of finally getting to try the famous combination that I often see in Korean dramas.

     But I was met with a stern look and shortly after, a pillow that hit me in the face.

     Did he just start a pillow fight? But of course, it's not a sleepover if there's no pillow fight, even if I haven't done sleepovers before.

     I was just about to pick up the pillow he had thrown when I noticed that his still stern look hasn't changed and it somehow made me nervous like a thunderous storm is about to strike the area.

     "W-wae geurae?" I asked cautiously because he looked like a mighty lion about to pounce on my trembling frail body.

     "You're too young to drink." he chastised, his mad look softening a bit. "You're not allowed to drink." he ordered sternly.

     I rolled my eyes and told him, "I'm already 20 years old."

     "You're 20 years young. You're not supposed to be drinking yet." he countered.

     Because his gesture, minus the pillow that slammed on my face, gave me a warm feeling, I raised my hands and surrendered. "Alright. No drinking it is." My smile was unstoppable so I could only hope that he wouldn't catch on.

     I just got myself a protective big brother that I've always wanted. How cool is that?

-----

Uh-oh. Did Maki just put GD in the big brother zone? 😧 But how cool would that be, to have a big brother GD? That would be awesome!! 😎