Awkweird

Unexpectedly

The drive back wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be after my unexpected outburst. He didn't bother turning the stereo back on. I could only hear the car engine running. I listened to it intently so I would know immediately if something goes wrong again. Also, so I wouldn't blurt out anything awkweird (awkward + weird) as a conversation starter.

I shifted around in my seat and then he glanced at my direction briefly. "You okay?" he asked.

I nodded but when I saw him not looking anymore, I said, "Yeah. My just hurts a little." And I added an awkward chuckle.

He snorted and my head shot up. "What?" I asked, feigning irritation in my voice.

"Kyeopta." he replied casually, pursing his lips.

"Psh." I rolled my eyes. But deep inside, I was struggling to suppress a giggle.

He smiled without looking.

I focused my attention back on the surroundings. Their infrastructures never fail to amaze me. The tall buildings and the landscapes are just... mesmerizing. It was getting dark already and the view at night in Seoul is the best thing ever. The bustling crowd, the faint sound of mild traffic, the night life, and the lights dancing around the city. Everything still seems surreal to me. A smile slowly spread across my face. This is really is it. This is going to be the best year of my life. It started off amazing because I met G-Dragon. What could possibly happen tomorrow? Will I meet another big shot, hot stuff celebrity? Please let it be Jo In Sung. Or okay, Infinite's L.

I rolled my eyes at myself. I should stop fantasizing now before I go crazy. I just had a taste of heaven and it doesn't mean I will get to have it everyday. Remember, Maki. You're here to study. And you know what they say. If you had such a great day today, tomorrow might just be the worst you'll ever have.

I didn't notice that we had already arrived at the mechanic. He smiled at me before getting out of the car. He must be close to the owner of the shop because he didn't bother to wear anything to hide his face. I gathered my things as he opened the door for me. Oh, such a sweet gentleman. I mentally smiled dreamily and I hope to the heavens it didn't reach my face.

"Jaehan, this is Maki." he introduced me to the guy who approached us. I was right. He knew the owner. "Maki, this is Jaehan."

He extended an arm and I shook it. "Hi. I'm Yoo Jaehan." he greeted with a friendly smile.

"Hello. I'm Maki." I replied as friendly as I could.

After exchanging our introductions, GD and Jaehan talked in Korean while Jaehan was opening the hood to have a look. If I was right about the context, GD's explaining to him what happened.

Jaehan's built is way larger than GD's. He's way taller too. His aftershave look made him look younger. He's older than GD because GD called him hyung.

After a while, they both approached me. Jaehan was smiling at me like he was impressed or something. "Nicely done. Are you into cars?" he asked.

"Kind of. I'm a Mechanical Engineering student." I replied shyly. I'm not really good at talking to strangers. I just want to pack up now and go home. If possible, take GD with me.

"Ooh. Daehaksaeng?" he asked, giving me an amused look. He then looked at GD with what I think was a teasing grin. I saw GD roll his eyes at him. I just felt more uncomfortable.

They went on again, talking in Korean with a few chuckles and smacks thrown in in the conversation. They both approached me shortly after. GD told me that we are going to use another car. Jaehan just stood at the back silently with a grin plastered on his face that made me anxious.

I wanted to ask GD what was going on but not until we get out of here.

We transferred to a black Sedan with our stuff. As usual, GD opened the door for me. As soon as he settled, I looked at him sternly. "What was that all about?"

"Mwoga?" he asked innocently.

"He was smiling too much." I told him.

"Maybe you should do the same, chingu. Smile more often too, okay?"

"I'm not buying that. What were you talking about?"

He sighed. "He thought something was up between us. So I told him how we met." he explained. "Then he went full retard." he added with a shrug like he was saying it's not his fault.

I almost bursted out laughing because of his last remark. He's too adorable! This guy will really be the death of me!

"Kaja, chinguya. Nan neomu baegopa." he sang as he pulled out of the garage. He was smiling and it was contagious.

I sat there silently, with my backpack in my embrace, as I scanned the side of his face. In over an hour, this will be over. But this wonderful feeling that I'm feeling right now with him sitting beside me will linger forever.

-----

Sorry for the late update! Miaaaan! Bappasseo. >.<