Adventure With A Stranger

Unexpectedly

It all happened so fast. A moment earlier, I was just in a Korean Barbecue restaurant. The next thing I know, I'm already sitting in the passenger seat of a black Toyota Camry and off to an adventure with a stranger on a Saturday morning.

"So, Gyeongbokgung Palace?" he asked, his eyes sparkling and lips curved into a grin.

I nodded in return. I added a crooked smile just as he was about to frown.

"Kaja!" he sang excitedly. He pulled his car out of its spot in front of a coffee shop near the restaurant.

"Is this your car?" I managed to ask.

He smiled at me before answering, like he was glad I finally initiated a conversation, and then returned his attention to the road. "No, I rented it. I don't want a paparazzi stalking me on my rest day."

"Really? You've got a rest day?" I replied, amused. As far as I know, G-Dragon is one busy guy.

"Of course. I'm not a workaholic, you know." he said, a smirk forming in his lips.

I raised both of my hands to shoulder-level in surrender and said, "You sure look like one."

We both laughed and I'm sure this time, the ice has finally been broken totally.

"I'm glad you finally started talking to me." he said after our laughter died down. He gave me a quick glance and smiled.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I'm just shy around strangers." I apologized.

"Stranger? Hmm. Normally, girls your age would be screaming their lungs out when I talk to them. Now I'm 100% sure that you're not my fan." he mused and then chuckled.

I shrugged. "I admire you. Your music is great." I defended.

"You don't have to say that through your nose."

Cue the laughter. I'm actually having fun. I thought this day would go by in absolute awkwardness.

"It's your first day in Korea, right? Am I too old-fashioned for taking you to a palace on your first day?"

I shook my head and said, "No. I actually like your culture. Thank you."

He looked at me briefly. "It's my pleasure to introduce to you our culture."

I smiled to myself. "Thank you. Really. I've always wanted to visit South Korea. It's my dream, actually."

"And it's my pleasure to be part of making that dream happen."

I couldn't help but smile again. I couldn't wipe it off my face.

We then spent the rest of the drive in silence.

~~~~~

"Maki."

I groaned.

"Maki."

And moaned.

"Maki, we're here."

Just like that, I immediately straightened my back and opened my eyes. Oh. My. God! I fell asleep in his car! Automatically, I wiped both corners of my lips with the back of my right hand as he got out of the car.

He opened the passenger door for me just like he did a while ago.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."

He handed me a pair of sunglasses. "Gwaenchanha. Chingu." (It's okay. Friend.) he replied and then winked at me before putting on his own sunnies.

I could've died already when he winked at me but calling me friend - and the way he emphasized it - bothered me and he sure did mess with my curiosity. "W-why? I mean, why did you call me chingu?"

"Because we're friends now." he said casually as we walked side by side.

"Uh, since when? If I may ask."

"You fell asleep in my car. Ergo, you're comfortable around me. Ergo, we're now friends." he answered with a playful smirk.

"Bu-"

"No backsies." he cut off and grabbed my bag that was hanging on my left shoulder and then strapped it on himself.

Okay. We're now friends. It's not like I'm gonna lose anything. Well, that was easy. I smiled and followed him happily.

~~~~~

I took a lot of pictures using my phone; most of them included GD. He was also taking pictures using his.

"Since we're now friends, can we take a picture of us together?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Shiro."

"Oh, come on!"

"Shiro shiro shiro." I declined, showing no emotion.

"Whoa! Look!" he breathed out while pointing to the sky behind me.

I turned to look at whatever he was pointing but when I did, I saw myself and him on the screen of his phone. I immediately turned around but as soon as I did, I found myself within his embrace.

It took me a few seconds to process what was happening in front of the palace.

G-Dragon is hugging me, sort of. I'm in his embrace. Holy guacamole!

I. Am. Freaking. Stupid. Why didn't I think first before turning around?

I mentally kicked myself and froze, not knowing what to do next. I was so close to him I could hear his heart beating so loud in my ears. Or was it mine?

He then cleared his throat. "W-wanna wear a hanbok?"

-----

Sorry for the delay! My laptop's been acting up. :/