You're My Iced Americano, I'm Your Raspberry Frappe

Unexpectedly

We didn't notice time pass by. We went shop-hopping, tried on things and bought some of them, ate street food and took a looot of pictures.

I somehow managed to overcome my anxiety around strangers with his help and I have no idea how he did it.

By the time we already felt tired as hell, it was already half past four in the afternoon.

We took a seat in a posh cafe not far from where he parked his car. We made sure to sit in an unnoticeable corner so that we could enjoy our beverages in take-out cups - in case we get noticed and we have to run. He ordered an iced americano and I, a raspberry frappe.

"You really don't drink coffee?" he asked again for the second time with an amused smile plastered on his face.

I chuckled and answered, "Yeah, I told you. I don't like the bitter taste."

"So you always order this?"

"Yes, always. But if it's not available, any kind of berry frappe. But meh, I like the raspberry one better."

"Then how did you manage to stay awake to study for your exams?" he asked, still amused.

I nonchalantly shrugged my shoulders. "I'm the master of my own brain." I smiled when he rolled his eyes at me.

I was already out of my comfort zone and I already feel comfortable around him to boast about my intellect jokingly. Oh, god. That sounded so arrogant. I should really smack my head right now. Ugh. I don't know. What did he do to me and how did he do it in a span of five hours?

"Chingu. I'm sorry for tiring you out." he apologized with a concerned look on his face. "Whenever you feel exhausted, think of me. You're my Iced Americano so I'll be your Raspberry Frappe." he stated with an oh-so-charming smile.

I tried so hard to hold back the "aww" that wanted to escape from my mouth. Why is he so freakin' adorable, considering that he's already in his late 20s? Ugh. "Nah. I had a lot of fun." I replied, beaming. "And yeah, you'll be my Raspberry Frappe."

"I'm glad." he answered smiling, baring his perfect teeth.

"Thank you."

"Always my pleasure." He lifted his sunglasses and winked at me.

I laughed at his attempt to look funny. Because he always fails. No matter how hard he tries, he still looks handsome and hot as hell.

"Uh oh. It's starting to get crowded in here." he told me. "Kaja."

We put on our mask, he picked up the shopping bags, grabbed his beverage and then stood up. He waited for me as I gathered my own belongings along with my frappe. Just as I was about to sling my backpack on my left shoulder, he took it from me and slung it on his right shoulder. He also took from me the paper bags I was holding.

I was stunned for a second or two. I'm still not used to his gentlemanliness, even if he's showing it from time to time.

"I'm fine. They're not really heavy, ya know." I told him even if he already snatched away the paper bags.

"Nah. It's mostly mine so I kind of feel bad making you hold them for me." he replied with an uneasy smile. "Hold my drink instead, will ya?" he asked as we walked towards the door near our table.

I took the iced americano from his hand and our fingers lightly touched. I felt teeny tiny bolts run through my skin but he didn't seem bothered at all. Oh, god. Oh, god. I can't let him have this effect on me. Or else I'm doomed!

"Thanks." he said as he opened the coffee shop's side door for me. He also opened the door on the passenger side of his car for me even if both of his hands are already carrying paper bags.

He's overdoing it. He must be. How can someone who's branded as arrogant, because of his success and unequaled fame, act so sweet and caring and gentleman like this? I don't sense a tinge of arrogance at all.

I slid into the passenger seat after thanking him. I watched him as he carefully placed the bags in the backseat. When all that was left was my backpack, he shut the door close and then handed me my bag. "Here you go."

I think, I just think, he kinda sorta noticed that I like it better when my bag is on my lap, even if it's a backpack, not a handbag. I don't know, I just don't have the habit of laying it on the floor.

He took off his mask and sunnies and I did the same. "Ready to go?" he asked, the smile on his face becoming permanent.

"Sure." I smiled back.

"Where should we go for dinner?" he asked with an expectant smile on his handsome face.

Oh, boy. You'll be the death of me.

-----