Hero Of The Day

Unexpectedly

     I woke up with a numb leg but even so, I had one of the best naps in my life. I glanced at the wall clock in the room and it read a quarter to ten o'clock. The sunlight shone on my empty bags that were scattered on the floor. The silence was deafening. No one was still around. It was probably around six in the morning when we arrived. They have been gone for too long now.

     Well, the university is pretty big. Maybe they literally went to every nook and cranny of the school.

     I then felt my stomach growl. I guess I was going to buy breakfast alone because I think they were already out somewhere eating some authentic Korean food. My stomach made a sound again. At that, I immediately went to our room's bathroom and then stopped by the door in awe. The bathroom looked like a hotel's. I didn't see a single dirt anywhere. There was a shower and a huge sink placed on opposite walls. The flesh-colored floral tiles perfectly matched the scent of the bathroom. I wish our shared bathrooms in our dorms back in my university also smelled like this.

     I washed my face, careful not to get my shirt wet, and then dried it on the towel I brought. If I wasn't this hungry, I would have taken a nice shower. I didn't even bother to change my clothes. After wearing my pair of running shoes, I took off with my pink backpack on my back.

     That's right — backpack and running shoes. I would always go out like that. It feels weird when I don't have anything on my back. As you've probably figured, I'm a shirt-shorts-shoes type of girl. I didn't mean that to be a tongue-twister though.

     It was a long walk going out of the school gates from the dormitories but I didn't mind because the weather was nice. Since it was going to be my first time walking along the streets of Seoul, I strolled happily without any clue where I was going. I just had to memorize every turn and I was good to go. Besides, I was living in the dorms of one of the famous universities in South Korea. In case I get lost, which is very unlikely, I just need to say two words to the taxi driver and I'd be home.

     I took a turn and entered a busy street. There was a lot of people busily and happily taking a morning stroll. It sure looked like a main street. There were stores on both sides and people were wandering around.

     Right! It was Saturday. Of course there would be a lot of people.

     I kept walking until I came across an ice cream store. I sneakily took a peek through the glass door to see their prices.

     "Good Lord! That's helluva patbingsu. That's like thrice the money I brought," I muttered to myself in disbelief.

     I shook my head like I was trying to resist the temptation. I came here to eat breakfast, not dessert. I followed the side walk to look for less expensive food.

     I was about to enter a restaurant when something caught my eye. There was a guy, just a few inches taller than me, wearing an expensive-looking sunglasses and a cap firmly tuck over his head, shading more than half of his face, standing in front of the ice cream store I passed by a while ago. As if the cap wasn't enough, he was also wearing a hoodie. If it weren't for the other guy behind him trying to snatch his wallet, I would've mistaken him as a creep. His wallet! The other guy was trying to snatch his wallet tucked in his back pocket!

     I ran almost as fast as the speed of light. Well, not literally. Just as the bad guy was about to snatch away the wallet I grabbed his arm and shielded the unknowing guy's back like I was his older brother trying to protect him. The only thing I did wrong, though, was grabbing not just the guy's wallet in his back pocket in an attempt to protect it but also a bit of his tush.

     "Jugulle?" (Wanna die?) I said as fierce as I could to the other guy. At last, a real life application! This was my first time saying that in Korea! I've been dying to be able to say that in an appropriate situation without sounding weird and Korean-wannabe.

     At that very instant, I felt the guy behind me turn around, losing my light grip of his tush. Good, then I wouldn't have to awkwardly remove that later.

     The other guy was taken aback and then retrieved his arm and ran as fast as he could. I didn't bother to run after him anymore. I immediately lost sight of him due to the crowd of people trying to enjoy their weekend.

     I sighed and turned around to face the guy I just saved.

     "You oka-" I wasn't able to finish my sentence because God, this guy was a god! He looked handsome! And not just the normal handsome! He looked... ravishing!

     ...and familiar as well.

     "You look like a god," I unconsciously murmured under my breath, hoping he didn't understand English.

     Boy was I wrong.

     "No, remove the 'o'," he replied with a sheepish smile.

     I blinked more than I intended to; I lost count. God? Remove the 'o'? "G... D?" At that moment of realization, my eyes practically popped out. I bet I was the one looking like a creep right then. How could I even mistake him for a creep?

     This is embarrassing. I just grabbed the buttocks of G-Dragon!

     "Yes," he confirmed with a sweet smile. "Hey, thank you for saving me. Let's go somewhere with less people," he invited, still flashing that sweet smile that was making every part of me melt.

     How could I say no? Like a robot, I nodded. I still could not close my mouth due to the surprising turn of events.

     Through my peripherals, I saw GD smile. I probably looked really funny to him now. But I couldn't care less. I'm with G-Dragon!

-----