Fix My Broken Heart

Unexpectedly

     The drive back to where we met wasn't silent anymore. He turned the music on and blasted some latest K-Pop sensations. It was on shuffle and he was skipping the ones he didn't like. He smirked when his song, Crooked, came next. He hummed as he turned his attention back on the road.

     "Doesn't it feel weird listening to your own song?" I asked, looking at him.

     He gave me a quick glance before answering. "It does. But today, I don't know. I just feel like listening to this particular song."

     "I see."

     He was swaying left and right to the beat and I was slightly banging my head. It was one of my favorite songs he made. I think it was the last song of his that I've heard before I went hiatus on K-Pop.

     Just as the song was about to end, we came into a halt in the middle of the road. It has only been fifteen minutes since we left. There were no houses nor buildings that came into sight. Only trees and vast lands.

     "Why did you stop?" I asked him.

     "I didn't. The car just did," he replied and then looked at me in horror. "It's too early for ghosts, right? The sun hasn't even set yet."

     "Or maybe, the car broke down," I told him with an eye roll.

     I unbuckled my seatbelt, left my bag on the seat and then opened the door.

     "Where are you going?" he asked, horrified.

     "Uh, will open the hood to check what's wrong?" I answered in a 'duh' tone. "Geez, stop acting like a ." I laughed at him when he glared at me.

     He also unbuckled his seatbelt and then followed me to the hood of his car. He opened it for me and a cloud of white smoke greeted us on our face. We both cringed and I was pretty sure my asthma would bother me later.

     "Ugh. What do we do?"

     "Do you have a toolbox?" I asked him.

     "I just rented this. But I'll try to look for it. There should be one somewhere at the back."

     He then went to look for the toolbox I was asking.

     "Found it!"

     "Great. Okay, lemme check." I waited for the smoke to subside a bit so I could see what was wrong. "Ugh. It was overheating. Do we have water?"

     "Wait. I think we have some left."

     He went back to the driver's seat to get a half-full or half-empty (depends on your level of optimism) bottle of water and then handed it to me.

     I poured it all over the engine compartment to cool it off. The coolant reservoir was empty. I looked inside the toolbox and found something to refill it with.

     "That should give us a couple of minutes to take this to a mechanic, after we let it cool off for a minute. The smoke is coming from the tailpipe. It's no good."

     I saw his mouth forming an 'o' as I handed him back the water bottle. I smirked at him and shifted my weight to my right leg and then held my right hip with my right hand. I put on my sunglasses that was tucked on my shirt's neckline with my free hand, lowered it to reveal my eyes, and then winked at him. I must have gone crazy for a moment.

     "Whoa. Don't act all cocky on me. It's still smokin' hot in there," he clarified, cocking his head to the open hood.

     I grabbed a wrench from the toolbox to jokingly smack him with.

     "But we can always say you look smokin' hot holding a wrench," he teased, crossing his arms on his chest and tilting his head to the side as if he was examining me.

     And so I did smack him on the arm.

     But he was quick to hold my wrist as if he was already anticipating my attack. He grabbed the small of my back with his right hand and pulled me closer. He was so close I could hear his heart beating so fast. But then again, maybe it was mine.

     He removed my sunnies and said, "Not on my arm, babe. Here." He looked at his chest and then continued as he stared deep into my eyes. "Fix my broken heart."

-----

O. M. G!!! I'm screaming! Silently! Hope you liked this chapter cuz I looooove it!

Leave a comment! xo