Ball Of Shame

Unexpectedly

     I was dumbfounded in my seat. I wasn't sure how to react. I was hesitant to get out of the car so I remained seated. I wasn't sure how to inquire further on the matter of him bringing me to his home. When he recommended his house yesterday for a tour, I really thought he was joking.

     Just as he was about to open his door, he glanced over me. Hight might have noticed my sudden silence. "Mwoya. Wae geurae?" he asked.

     I just gave him a blank stare. Or maybe not blank. It must have been a scared-for-her-life look because he gave me full attention with a seriously worried face.

     "Ya. Wae geurae?" he asked again.

     "Your h-h-house..." I stuttered. "I-I-I..." I was lost in my own words. What was I going to say?

     He seemed like he was taking his time to process what I wanted to tell him. "Seolma.." he then breathed out. "Ya, seolma! Whoa!" he exclaimed like he was offended. It was then his turn to act like he doesn't know how to react to the situation. "Chinguya. Did you really think I..." he trailed. "Whoa. I'm seriously offended. I just wanted to give you a tour to my old studio where I have spent my training years. It's my second home. I wanted to show it to you, because there's good stuff in there, before guests occupy it for a few days next month." he explained.

     Then it was my turn again to have a taste of the embarrassment I have initially created.

     This day, so far, mostly consists of just a series of embarrassing moments. Did I get cursed or something? Is this the price I have to pay for being friends with one of the world's most famous artists? I still can't get the hang of referring to him as my friend though.

     I slowly buried my face in my hands and then turned to lean on the other side of the seat, away from him. I curled my body into a ball of shame and I heard him snort like he was enjoying the sight. I then heard him open his door.

     That's right, go ahead. I need time to regain my tad bit of confidence.

     But I almost fell on the hard concrete when my door opened suddenly. Turns out, he opened it on purpose. But it wasn't to make me fall into another deep pit of embarrassment. It was to carry me bridal style. Yeah, FREAKING BRIDAL STYLE.

     Was I asleep when we got married? Did we exchange vows without my knowledge?

     He was smiling while carrying my lifeless body. Lifeless because sanity left me as soon as he scooped me out of the car effortlessly like I wasn't over fifty kilograms. He has a tiny body, even tinier than mine, but he sure is great in acting strong. Like, seriously, even if he has abs and the rest of his body is perfect (yes, I saw shirtless pictures of him on Google), I wouldn't believe the guy can carry over fifty kilograms while smiling.

     "Aigoo, uri aga." he sang. "You're lighter than I thought." he joked.

     I smacked his chest to return the favor.

     Because up until now, I still can't utter a word. I'm still in a daze.

     The Hongdae neighborhood was bustling with people but it didn't stop him from carrying me. He was only wearing a dark pair of sunglasses and a maroon hoody that covered his reddish hair. I was afraid we would get recognized. As far as GD is concerned, anything he wears, he'll never go unnoticed. GD exudes this oozing-with-confidence aura that wherever he goes, you just feel that he's there.

     Or maybe it was just me.

     "Here you go." He set me down in front of the building and then flashed a proud smile.

     I raised an eyebrow at him and then went ahead inside. I must act tough to mask the shame no matter what.

~~~~~

     "So it's basically a studio that was redecorated." I stated as we entered the place.

     "Yup. G-Dragon-inspired, don't forget." he added.

     "Looks nice. Cool stuff." I commented, taking a seat on the skateboard ramp that has throw pillows.

     On the opposite side of the ramp stood the bunkbeds. Each bed was already made with unique bedcovers and they looked inviting. The mirror-covered wall reflected GD in his glorious idle stance. Whatever he does, no matter how mundane, he looks like a celebrity. A royal one.

     He then handed me a bottle of water. It wasn't cold because there is no fridge in the place.

     "So," he started as I took a sip from the bottle. "What do you think of staying the night here with me?"

     And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I almost died from choking.

-----

OMG. 😍