Sasaeng Fan

Unexpectedly

I examined in my hands the overrated and overpriced iPhone. I pressed Contacts to save GD's number but when it dawned on me that I took a bath this morning, I checked my wrist in panic to see if his number wasn't erased. I lost composure when I saw that it's gone. All gone. Not a single digit remained visible.

How could I forget to save it in my phone before brushing my arm with a loofah?

He pulled over when he noticed me dolorously panicking in my seat. "Gwaenchanha?" he asked. Worry crept across his face.

"I lost your phone number!" I blurted out. "It was just here yesterday and when I woke up this morning but then I took a bath and now it's gone and I'm stupid and what the hell I can't breathe!" I rumbled.

He blinked a few times with his hands clutched to the steering wheel before he went into fits of laughter.

Did I just embarrass myself again?

This is not happening. Just when I thought I've already reached my quota for today.. Oh, God. I'm so, so, so stupid. I just showed him how much that phone number written on my arm meant to me. It was so important I lost my sanity in front of him.

"Don't be so hard on yourself." he comforted as soon as his laughter died down. "Like, hello? I'm here! Did you forget I can actually give you my phone number now? Like right now?" he insinuated.

At that particular moment, all I wanted was to get out of the car and run away fast. Really fast.

"And, oh, I didn't know it meant a lot to you." he teased with a wink.

Can't freaking catch a break, can I?

I buried my face in my hands because I have nothing to say to defend my imbecile self. I embody the very essence of stupidity and I fully agree. I guess if only I had paid more attention to gaining and keeping friends, I wouldn't have to experience such embarrassments like this.

While I was busy loathing myself, he grabbed the cellphone on my lap. His fingers that lightly touched my skin caused an uproar in my nerves that traversed towards the core of my body and it suddenly felt weird down my stomach. I, nevertheless, didn't show my not-the-bad-kind discomfort.

I slowly lifted my head to see what he was doing with my new phone. He was beaming as he carefully typed his number. He then handed it back to me. When I wasn't taking it from his hand, he grabbed my right hand and then gently placed the iPhone on my palm.

"There. You have my number!" he chirped. "Now, don't be a sasaeng fan, okay?" he joked.

My mouth fell open at the insult. "Naega!?" Did he just imply that I have a tendency to obsess over him? Yeah, he may be right but not to the extent of going out of my way to stalk him! And for the record, I don't have the time to do it. I am a busy, strong, independent woman who came here to learn.

"Yup." he replied, popping the 'p'.

I could only glare at him because I can't just throw a punch at the person who just bought me an iPhone, can I?

~~~~~

"Where are we?" I asked when he finally stopped driving after more than half an hour.

"Hongdae." he replied curtly as he parked the car properly.

"Why are we here?"

"I'm taking you to my home." he answered in dead malice.

Did I hear it right?

I'm just hearing things, right?

This is so not happening, right?

What? What's happening?

Oh, my. I'm hyperventilating.

Good heavens. Have mercy on me. I don't think I can handle this.

Wait, I think I just misheard him.

Right? Right? Right?

"Wait, what?"

-----

Forgive Maki. She's just too overwhelmed. 😂