Chapter 8

Love Continues [Season 2 / Sequel to If I met you earlier]

 

Invitation

Chapter Eight: Invitation

*Gui Gui’s POV*

“Why are you back now??! Why??”

“Gui, calm down.” Aaron is always there holding me back.

“Why are you back now?” I dropped down and started crying.

“Gui..” My sis squatted down in front of me.

“Dad is dead. Dad is dead.” I started mumbling while crying. I hugged her tightly.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t leave him alone.” Because of being afraid that the men will come look for dad again, my sis left my dad alone in the house. If my sis never ever leaves the house, what would actually happen instead?

“Gui, you need to go back and rest now.” Aaron helps me up. Within a sec, everything turns black.

“Gui!!!”

The next moment when I open my eyes, Hebe and Han are beside me.

“Gui, how are you feeling?” Hebe asked. I slowly adjusted myself to sit up. “I’m fine.”

“Gui..”

“I’m fine. I’m really fine.”

“Do you want to eat anything?” Han asked.

“It’s ok. I’m not hungry. Where’s Aaron?” I asked.

“His company called him back for urgent meeting. He didn’t want to go in the first place.” I smiled.

“Oh ya.” I turned to Han. “How’s you and Jiro?” She lowered her head down.

“Jiro hasn’t been contacting her. She tried calling him but his phone wasn’t on.” Hebe replied for her. I looked at Han.

“Sorry Han, I didn’t mean to..”

“I’m fine.” She forced out a smile.

~The day to discharge~

“Sis, are you sure you are not going to leave with us?”

“Nope. I will be fine. Don’t worry about me.” She then turned to Aaron after replying me. “Take good care of her. Don’t let her get hurt again.” She left after saying. I looked at Aaron and hug him tightly. “Let’s go, Gui.” I nodded and headed to his car.

~Aaron’s house~

“Gui, take a bath and rest ok?”

I nodded. “Are you going back to the company?” He came near me and kissed on my forehead. “I’m sorry.”

I shook my head. “It’s ok. I go and take a bath now.”
I went to take a bath and took a nap after that. The next moment when I was awake, it was already late at night. I came down from the bed and walked towards my desk. I took my family photo up and take a look before walking out of my room.

Eh? Why Aaron’s room lights are still on? I pushed the door open lightly. He must be too tired after doing all the work. He fell asleep while doing his work. I walked silently and took the blanket to cover on his back.
“Did I wake you up?” He took my hand and pulled me down to sit on his lap.

“Gui..” He just mumbled and went on sleeping. This silly guy.

~At next morning~

Yawn. Ah. Body aching. I didn’t dare to move a lot. Aaron is still sleeping on me. He must have got very exhausted doing all the work.

“Do you want to sleep longer?” I must have woken him up in some way.

He shook his head. “Your body should be aching already.” I stood up slowly. Ow. Pain.

“Gui, you ok? I’m sorry.”

“I’m fine, silly. Get ready to go for work.” He nodded.

“I send you to work today.”

~At florist shop~

“Good Morning.” I greeted the both of them.

“Gui, why don’t stay at home and rest?” Hebe asked.

“I’m fine. I would feel bored staying at home.”

Just then, some guy came into the shop.

“Welcome. May I help you sir?” Han attended to him.

“Are you Miss Han?” Han nodded and he passed her an envelope before leaving.

“What is it?” Hebe is getting curious over it.

“I’m not sure.”

“Open up and see.” The envelope contains a card.
Han dropped the card after reading. She ran out of the shop.

“Han!! Han!!” Hebe shouted for her but she did not turned back. Hebe looked at me. I went to pick up the card.

You are invited.
Jiro & Selina s’ wedding
Date: 30 Mar 2009
Venue: Maple Hotel

“Jiro is getting married?” Hebe and I exchanged our glances.

=============================
Getting fewer and fewer comments.. T_T

Signing off
bubblygal
29 June
8:28PM