Chapter 24

Love Continues [Season 2 / Sequel to If I met you earlier]

 

Medical Report

Chapter Twenty Four: Medical Report

*Aaron’s POV*

Argh! My head is spinning like mad. I managed to get down the bed and headed for the toilet. When I walked down the stairs, I saw Calvin walking around my house.

“What are you doing here?” Calvin stopped and looked up at me.

“You are awake! Why don’t you sleep more?”

“What time is it now?” I asked.

“12pm.”

“12pm!!! Since you are here, why didn’t you wake me up?? I’m late for work.” Calvin stopped me from going back to my room.

“What actually happen? You wouldn’t drink like how you did yesterday. You are hiding something from me.” Calvin then took my medical report and showed it in front of me. I stunned. How did he get this?? I tried to remember what happen yesterday but my mind was totally blank.

“Hebe was very angry with you when she heard from Gui Gui of what you did to her. You didn’t..”

“No. I didn’t tell her.”

“Not even me. I thought we were buddies.” I didn’t reply him. “This is the reason why you pushed Gui Gui away?” I continue to keep silence.

“Aaron, what are you thinking?? What on earth are you thinking??!!” Calvin started shaking me vigorously.

“I don’t want to forget about her.” Calvin stopped shaking me.

“What you mean?”

“I didn’t want to forget about her. At the same time, I do not want her to worry for me. If I keep her beside me, she would get more hurt if I leave this world. I wanted her to smile like that day she smiled at the skating ground. If I couldn’t give her any happiness, I would hope others can. I’m letting her go.”

“What are you saying??!! Why will you forget about her??” Calvin started to get very pissed off with what I’m saying because he feels that it doesn’t make any sense.

“Because the doctor said I would lose my memory if I go for operation!! I didn’t want to forget about her!!!” I could feel that I’m almost screaming at the top of my voice. A few seconds of silence grew in between us.
I broke the silent. “I’m sorry about it.”

“Aaron, tell Gui Gui about it.”

“No. Calvin, I tell you. You are not going to tell anyone about this including Hebe.” Calvin looked at me. “No. Keep this to yourself.” I patted on his back and headed back to my room.

“Hey, where you going?”

“Let’s go out and have lunch.” I said. I went to my room and bath.

After 10 minutes,

“Calvin, let’s go.”

“I need to buy food for the girls. Hebe asked me to take away food for them.” My whole mood sunk. Gui should be at the florist shop now. He patted on my shoulder.

“Let’s go.”

~At the florist shop~

“Dear~” Calvin dashed into the shop and hugged Hebe. Hebe smiled at him and noticed my presence. She ignored me. Calvin took a look at me. I didn’t want to mention anything. Just then, Gui walked out from the room in the shop. Both of us started staring at each other before Hebe diverted Gui’s attention.

“Gui, new orders. Mr Lim wanted a bouquet of blue roses and Mr Yew wanted lavender.” She nodded at her and took the receipt from her. After a few seconds, Wang Zi walked into the shop.

“Hello.” Just after he greeted them, he stared at me.

“Why are you here? Are you hoping to hurt Gui even more? I tell you..” Gui pulled him away and stopped him from continuing his sentence.

“Stop saying.” Gui mumbled to him. All along, Calvin was looking at me.

“I know. But..” I shook my head at him.

“Dear, what do you want to eat??” Calvin asked Hebe sweetly. He looked as if he has split personality. Keke~

“Let’s all go out and eat.” Wang Zi suggested.

“Then who is going to look after the shop?” Hebe asked.

“You all can go and have your lunch. I can stay here.” Han offered.

“It’s ok. Just take away food to the shop.” Gui said.

“Just stop working for a moment.” Wang Zi took all the flowers and receipt away from Gui’s hand and placed it on the table. “Let’s go.” And he held onto Gui’s hand. I stared at their hands. Gui saw me looking and she took her hand back immediately. Wang Zi sensed the interaction between Gui and me. He took Gui’s hand once more and left the shop with the others following behind.

“Buddy..” Calvin appeared behind me.

“I’m fine. Let’s go.”

~At the restaurant~

Gui was sitting opposite me with Wang Zi beside her. I started to wonder did he intentionally ask everyone to go out for lunch. He started giving all his food to Gui.

“Gui, eat more eat more.” My food was already delivered to me but I didn’t even start eating it. All my attention was on the both of them. Gui looked up and saw me staring at the both of them. She immediately stopped whatever Wang Zi was doing.

“I can’t finish everything. Stop giving me your share. I’m fine.” Wang Zi has this happy look on his face. Calvin started nudging me.

“Brother..” I nodded to him and started eating. I think he did it on purpose. I can’t concentrate on eating with him there.

“Gui, do you want to try the salad? It’s nice.” Wang Zi said. “Do you want any desserts?” Even if Gui don’t feel irritated, I feel irritated. I don’t have the mood to eat anymore. I put down my fork and knife.

“I’m going off. Happy eating.” I said. Gui looked at me as I stood up.

“Brother..” I shifted my chair backwards while standing up. No. No. No. Not now. Not now. My head started hurting. Not now. Not in front of her.

“Aaron!” Calvin quickly held on to me. “Are you alright?” He whispered to me. I tried to balance myself before taking one more step. My world just blanked out suddenly.

“Aaron!!!” That’s was the last word that I heard from Gui before losing my conscious.

================================
Comments comments.. Haha..

Signing off
bubblygal
29 July
5:59PM