Chapter 2

Love Continues [Season 2 / Sequel to If I met you earlier]

 

Gulity

Chapter Two: Gulity

*Aaron’s POV*

We went to sit down on the sofa.

“Hey, Jiro, when did you come back?” Calvin asked.

“I came back one year ago. I’m sorry for not attending your wedding.” Jiro replied.

Jiro was Calvin’s friend. I just heard Calvin mentioning about him a few times in the past.

“Jiro, this is Aaron. He is the friend that I told you about.” Jiro looked at me.

“Nice to meet you.” I said.

“Nice to meet you too. I heard Calvin talking about you before.” He replied.

“Me too.”

“Oh ya! Forget to introduce. This is my wife, Hebe.” Calvin pulled Hebe to him.

“Halo. I’m Jiro.” Both of them shake hands. This introducing feels so formal. It’s like I’m having a meeting with a client. After so long, I then realized Gui isn’t sitting beside me anymore. How slow I am. I excuse myself and when looking for Gui. I found her standing outside, facing the swimming pool.

I went over to hug her from the back. “It’s dangerous standing so near to the pool. And it is so cold at night, why are you standing out here, my dear?” She remained silent. This is weird.

I turned her around and saw her crying. I hugged her tightly. I have been neglecting her for a very long time. She must have been crying a lot.

“I’m sorry. My emotions just went uncontrollable.” Gui apologized.

“Silly, I should be the one apologizing.” She looked up at me.

“Let’s go for a date this weekend ok?” I asked her.

“Don’t you have to work?” She looks sad at this very moment. I hugged up her.

“Nothing is more important than you.” I must not leave her alone again.

~The Next Day~

*Gui Gui’s POV*

The sun is glaring. Strong sunlight shining into my eyes. I force myself to climb down the bed and walked into the toilet. After washing up, I headed downstairs. Silence again? Guess Aaron headed for work again. I walked into the kitchen wanting to make some breakfast for myself.

“Aaron?” He walked up to me.

“Morning!” He gave me a morning peck on my forehead.

“Why are you still here? I thought..”

He smiled. “I do not need to go work so early today. I send you to the shop later.”

“If you are busy, you can leav…” I could feel a lip pressing again mine. He put his hand over my waist and pulls me closer to him. The kiss became a long and passionate one.

“Aaron..” He just smiled and carries the 2 plates of breakfast to the dining table.

“Hurry up and eat.” I looked at him. What’s wrong with him?

“Did you do something wrong?”

“No. Why do you say that?” He asked.

“Because you seem weird today.” I replied. He stopped eating suddenly.

“I just didn’t want you to be sad. I know you are still feeling..” I stopped him by putting my finger over his lips.

“I’m fine.” I smiled. “Work is more important.”

“Gui..”

“Silly, hurry up and eat.” I started grabbing the bread and ham and stuff it into my mouth. I would say that actually I mind. I wanted him to spend more time with me just like the days during school time but I know it’s impossible. I understand how much responsibilities he is carrying, I shouldn’t become one of his burden. I also do not want to see the guiltiness he has in his eyes. I do not know how much stronger can I stay, but for now, I will hang on to it because that is my type of way of loving him – being selfless.

~At the florist shop~

“Hurry and head back to work.” I get down his car.

“Gui..” I turned around. He went up and hugged me tightly. “I will be back home early today. Wait for me ok?”
I smiled and nodded to him. I gave him a peck on his forehead and signal him to leave for work. I then walk into the shop.

“Morning.” I said.

“Morning.” Hebe and Han replied.

“You looked good today, Han.” I told her. But just after I said this sentence, someone walked into the shop which makes Han’s expression changed immediately.

======================
Sorry to keep you all waiting.. Haha.. Running out of ideas.. Haha.. Trying my best to keep it good..

Signing off
bubblygal
16 June
6:53PM