Chapter 7

Love Continues [Season 2 / Sequel to If I met you earlier]

 

Diary

Chapter Seven: Diary

*Aaron’s POV*

“Doctor, how is the patient?” The doctor looked at me and started shaking his head.

“Sorry. We have already tried our best. He might stay as a vegetable throughout his life.” He walked off after saying. Slowly, I pushed open the door.

*Beep Beep*

The meter went on beeping. How am I supposed to tell Gui? Will she be able to take the blow? I took out the diary that I have been holding on to. I should tell her, isn’t it? I walked back to Gui’s ward. My eyes widen.

“Gui! What are you doing??” I quickly towards rush her. “Where are you going?”

“I wanted to go and visit my dad.” She tried to walk. “Ouch. Pain. My back.”

“Gui, you have not fully recovered. You should rest more.” I tried to help her back to the bed but she resisted.

“Aaron, but I want to go and visit my dad.” She showed me that pleaded eyes.

“But..”

“Are you hiding something from me?” She looked at me and down to my hand. “What is that?” Before I could even reply..

“Mr Yan, please go and take a look of patient Wu. He is not going to make it.” The nurse ran into the ward.

“Wh…at..??” Gui’s voice start to shake.

*Gui Gui’s POV*

Ouch Ouch.. My back is pain. Where is Aaron? He’s not back yet?? I wanted to go and visit my dad. I slowly get down from the bed and walked towards the door.

“Gui! What are you doing??” Aaron suddenly appear in front of me. “Where are you going?”

“I wanted to go and visit my dad.” I wanted to continue heading to the door. “Ouch. Pain. My back.”

“Gui, you have not fully recovered. You should rest more.”

“Aaron, but I want to go and visit my dad.”

“But..”

“Are you hiding something from me?” He seems weird from the beginning. He is holding onto something. “What is that?”

Just as he is hesitating, the truth just shocked me.

“Mr Yan, please go and take a look of patient Wu. He is not going to make it.” The nurse ran into the ward.

“Wh…at..??”

“Gui..” I tried to run out of the ward but my body is really holding me back. “Gui!!”

“I’m fine. I’m fine. I want to go and see my dad.” I walked slowly out with Aaron helping me out. I walked into my dad’s ward.

“Sorry. We have done our best.” I could feel that my tears started dropping down. Slowly approaching him, he looks so pale. He looks older than before. I stretch my hand out to touch his face.

“Gui..” I turned around and hugged Aaron tightly, crying out loud.

~At the garden~

“Gui, you have been walking for long. Do you want to rest for a while?” Aaron held onto my hand. I stopped walking. “Gui..” I could feel tears falling down. Aaron helped me to a bench and passed me a diary. I looked at him. He just nodded at me. I took over the diary and flip open.

2005 June

Didn’t know when I started to have this habit of writing a diary. Maybe this is the only way to express my feeling correctly. Ever since my wife dead and my daughter, Gui have left me, I then realized how important they are.
My big daughter hasn’t been caring about me. All she knows was to play and take money from me. This just causes me to think of Gui. I have always been so strict with her, hitting her and scolding her. She must have hated me. She said that when her mum died. I caused the death of my wife, isn’t it? I caused her to lose her beloved mum and now, I lost the both of them.

2006 Jan

Facing 4 walls in the empty house, this is the feeling of loneliness. How is Gui now? Can’t believe that I’m actually thinking of her now. What type of father am I? I started picking up the habit of drinking and gambling. It seems that all the troubles would just disappear at that moment…

2008 July

Today I walked past the streets. I saw Gui. She opened a flower shop. Isn’t that good? Seems that she is living a good life. Looking at her smile, I then realized I didn’t see her smile before in the past. I failed in being other people’s dad. I regretted. I’m the one who caused the family to be broken. Feeling remorseful now doesn’t help in anyway either.

After so many years, did I stop hating my dad? I asked myself. I didn’t get the answer but now, I know how I actually feel. Tears started welling out. Why sis didn’t go and protect dad?? Where did she go??

“Gui..” I looked up and my sis stood in front of me. I stood up slowly and walked towards her.

“Why aren’t you with dad in the house? Where did you go?”

“I left.” She replied.

“Then why are you back now?”

==============================
The world is just so cruel.. keke..

Signing off
bubblygal
28 June
12:40PM