Chapter 27

Love Continues [Season 2 / Sequel to If I met you earlier]

 

Happiness promises

Chapter Twenty Seven: Happiness promises

*Aaron’s POV*

“Aaron, do you want to eat anything? Apple? Pear?” Gui started taking out all the fruits that she had bought for me.

“Gui..” I grabbed onto her hand. I know. She is feeling very scared now. I’m going for the operation tomorrow. Today might be the last day that I’m able to stand in front of her. Nobody is able to predict what will happen after the operation. I hugged her tightly. God, I’m begging you. Please don’t take her away from me.

I kissed her on the forehead and down to her cheeks. My lips landed on hers and to her neck. I left a mark on her neck.

Just then, her phone ring.

*Gui Gui’s POV*

I went out of the room to pick up the phone call.

“Hello?”

“It’s me, Wang Zi.” He didn’t know about Aaron’s situation. None of us told him.

“Ya?”

“I went to the shop but they say you were out.”

“Is there anything?”

“Nope. I just want to ask you whether are you free tonight? Can we meet for dinner?”

“Erm.. Sorry. I can’t make it tonight. What about..”

“Nevermind then.” Before I could even say anything, the line went off. He sounded disappointed. I’m sorry. I went into the room and looked at Aaron. I wouldn’t want to leave him tonight.

“Who is that?” Aaron asked.

“Wang Zi.” His expression changed. It has always been the case.

“Aaron, I..” He smiled at me.

“Gui, let’s go down and take a walk ok?” I smiled and nodded at him.

I hook his arm and both of us stroll at the park. He stopped suddenly and turned to face me. He took down the couple necklace and handed over to me.

“Aaron??” He placed the necklace on my palm. “W..what is the meaning of this?”

“Gui, listen carefully to whatever I’m going to say now.” I looked at him.

“Keep this necklace for me. If I ever forget about you, please forgive me. If I ever leave you alone, please forget about me..”

“No. Aaron..” I started losing control. Tears are up to the brim and flowing down.

“I always wanted you to be happy. If I’m the one who steal your smile away from you, you should hate me.”

“I wouldn’t hate you because you are the one who gives me happiness and will always be.” I hugged him tightly.

“Gui..” He broke the hug. He grabbed onto my shoulder. “Gui, listen to me. Promise me even if I leave you, you will..”

“No No. I don’t want to listen to it!!” I covered up my eyes with my hands. “You said that you will never leave me. You said that I’m always yours. You said that you will always protect me. You cannot take back your words. Even if you forget about me, I will make you remember me but I don’t allow you to leave me alone!! If you are going to leave, then bring me along!” Tears kept on flowing and flowing. This is how important he is to me.

“I’m sorry.” And he pulled me into his arms. “I’m sorry.”
We walked and sat down on the bench.

“Gui, how long do you intend to stay at Wang Zi’s house? What do the both of you do there? Did he do anything to you? Did he bully you? Are you going to..”

I started laughing. “What?”

“How am I supposed to answer you when you ask so many questions at once?”

“Oh.” He let out a silly laughter.

“We didn’t do anything much. We just talked about the past and he asked me about my mother. He did not bully me, silly. I will move out from Wang Zi’s house. I’m going to stick with you forever.”

“Yes, my wife.” And he started laughing.

“What so funny??!!” Both of us started chasing each other around.

“Ah!!”

“Aaron!! Aaron!!” I rushed to him immediately. “Are you ok? Your head hurt again?? Huh?” I started panicking.

“I’m fine. I’m fine.”

“Don’t lie to me. Your face became so pale. I go and call doctor.” He held onto my hand to stop me from calling the doctor.

“I’m fine, Gui. I’m really fine.”

“Are you sure?” He nodded.

“Let’s go back. You need to rest.” I said. Both of us headed back to the room.

~The Next Day~

Everyone was worried about him. His operation was arranged around evening. I stayed with him all day. Even till the last minute, I didn’t bare to let my hand off. If I let go, will he really leave me forever?

“Aaron..”

“Gui, Wait for me. Wait for me.” I nodded at him while seeing him being pushed into the operation room. Hours and hours of time just pass. At this moment, Wang Zi called me.

“Hello.”

“Wang Zi..”

“Gui, I’m leaving already.”

“Leaving? To where?”

“I’m flying back to America, to where my parents are.” I was speechless.

“Today?”

“Yes. Guess we are not fated after all. Both of us didn’t manage take our last dinner together.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know about it.”

“It’s ok. Gui, please take care of yourself. If Aaron bullies you, you come and look for me. I will always be available for you. Bye.” The line went off.

“Gui?” Hebe went up to me. I went to take a seat. I looked at the operation room. Aaron is in there and Wang Zi is at the airport now. Where should I be at now?

“Gui, go to the airport if you want.” Calvin said.

“But..” I took another glance at the operation room.

“I sent you there if you want.” Calvin offered.

“I will stay here. If anything happens, I will call you.” Hebe said. I nodded at her and ran off with Calvin.

~At the airport~

Both of us went searching high and low for him.

“Wang Zi!!” I shouted his name the moment I saw him walking pass me. “Wang Zi!!” He didn’t hear me the first time I shouted.

Finally, he stopped walking and turned around. I ran up to him, panting heavily.

“Gui??” I took a deep breath before speaking.

“I came to send you off.” I smiled at him. He came up and hugged me suddenly.

“I have already sent your things back to Aaron’s house. Please be happy.” He said.

“You too.” I smiled.

“Passenger who are taking the flight 9378 towards America, please check in..”

“I got to go already.” Wang Zi said as he loosens his hug.

“Farewell.” Calvin said.

“Take good care of yourself, Gui.”

“You too. Will we meet again?” I asked. He just smiled and didn’t turn back.

Little did I know, I lost the both of them in one day.

========================================
Cliffhanger!! Haha

Signing off
bubblygal
8 August
10:00AM