Chapter 16

Love Continues [Season 2 / Sequel to If I met you earlier]

 

You are..

Chapter Sixteen: You are..

*Gui Gui’s POV*

“You really don’t remember who I am?” I was shocked and surprised. What does he mean by that?

Aaron grabbed on to Wang Zi’s arm. “Let go of her.”

Wang Zi swing off Aaron’s hand and continue looking at me.

“You really don’t remember?”

“I.. I don’t remember.” He slowly loosens his grip.

“Gui, let’s go.” Aaron led me back to the car and the both of us went home.

~At home~

“Gui? Why are you still sitting here? It’s getting late.” Aaron came out from his room after bathing and he saw me still sitting in the living room.

“I can’t remember. I can’t remember who he is.” I could sense that Aaron changed the expression on his face. I looked at him. Opps. I stood up.

“Night Aaron.” I gave him a peck on his lips and running back into my room.

*Aaron’s POV*

I’m getting uncomfortable even more now, with her mentioning him or even thinking of him. What he meant by “You really don’t remember who I am?”? Are they supposed to know each other before I even know Gui? I don’t remember Gui seeing him during the past few years. Who is he?

As usual, the next morning, I left for work early in the morning. Before I left, I went into Gui’s room. She is still sleeping soundly. I left a kiss on her forehead and headed for work.

*Gui Gui’s POV*

At the moment I woke up, he isn’t around the house anymore. Sigh. As usual, I washed up and headed for work.

“Morning.” I walked into the shop.

“Morning, Gui.” Han greeted me.

“Where’s Hebe?”

“She said she will come in the afternoon. She said that she is going for check-up in the morning.”

“Oh Ok. Han, how’s you and Jiro?” She smiled. “We are fine. His mother is not stopping the both of us anymore.”

“That’s good.”

“Gui..” I turned around and looked towards the door.

“Wang Zi?”

“This is for you.” He handed me a box of ice cream.

“Chocolate Ice-cream? How did you know I..” He smiled.

“I’m sorry for yesterday.”

“It’s ok.”

“Can we go for lunch together later?”

“Ah?”

“Or you have already appointment?”

“Nope. Ok. We will have lunch together.” He smiled.

“I will come and fetch you later.” He happily walked out of the shop.

“Gui, you and him are..” Han looked at me being puzzled.

“I didn’t know how to say about this.” I walked into the room and started organizing the flowers.

~At noon~

“Gui, are you ready to leave already?” Wang Zi walked into the shop.

“Yea. Let’s go.” I took my bag and left.

After eating, he did not send me back to the shop. Instead, we came to the playground. The playground near my old house.

“How do you know this place?” I asked him.

“You really don’t remember?”

~Flashback~

“Mummy, let’s go to the playground again, ok??” I nudged my mum’s hand.

“Gui, let me finish ironing the clothes before bringing you out ok?”

“But I want to go swing now.” I pouted and sat on the floor.

“Ok. Gui. Let’s go.” I happily jumped up and tagged behind mum.

“Weeeeeeee.. Higher Higher!!” Just then, someone ran past behind me. While the swing swung backwards, it knocked on to the little boy. I quickly get down the swing and ran behind my mum. My mum dashed towards the little boy.

“Are you alright?” He didn’t say anything but kept on crying. My mum hugged him.

“Mummy, is he ok?” I squatted down.

“Don’t cry. Do you want to eat chocolate ice-cream? Mummy says that you will be happy after eating it.” He then stopped crying and looked at me. I smiled at him.

“Mummy, let’s go and buy chocolate ice-cream.”

“Yes Gui.” And she patted on my head. Mummy held the both of us and headed to the nearest mini mart.

“Here. This is nice.” I passed him the ice-cream. The 3 of us sat down at the playground and started eating the ice-cream.

“Boy, what is your name?” My mummy asked him.

“Sheng Yi. Qiu Sheng Yi.”

“Hi, I’m Gui Gui.” I popped out in front of him. He started giggling.

“What are you laughing at?” I looked at my mum.

“Silly Gui. How do you eat your ice-cream one?” My mum took out tissue paper and started wiping off the ice-cream on my face. I started giggling too.

“Sheng Yi, where are your parents? Why are you out here alone?”

“I got lost while I was out with my parents.”

“Sheng Yi, we go and look for your parents ok?” He nodded. Both of us tagged behind my mum.

While walking, I tugged him. “Is the ice-cream nice?” He smiled at me and nodded. Both of us the ice-cream happily.

“Sheng Yi!! Sheng Yi!!!” Some voices can be heard from far.

“Is that your parents?” My mum squatted down and pointed to the front.

“MUM!! DAD!!!” Sheng Yi ran towards his parents.

“Silly boy. Where have you been?”

“I got lost but luckily I met auntie and Gui Gui.” He pointed towards our direction.

His parents walked up to us. “Thank you. Do you want to go for a cup of coffee? Let’s us thank you.”

His mum asked my mum. I looked at my mum.

“Nevermind. It’s ok. I appreciate. We got to go already.” My mum smiled and held on to my hand. “Thank you. See you around.” My mum and I headed back home.

For the rest of the days, Sheng Yi would often visit us. Sometimes, while we are playing at the playground, we nearly got caught by my dad. Luckily mum always bring me home on time. However, when I was 11, Sheng Yi left Taiwan.

~End of Flashback~

“You.. You are..”

============================
Signing off
bubblygal
13 July
8:33PM