Chapter 29

Love Continues [Season 2 / Sequel to If I met you earlier]

 

Broken Memories

Chapter Twenty Nine: Broken Memories

*Gui Gui’s POV*

The sun rose up and shone the empty house. Aaron.. I took a deep breath and hang a smile over my mouth. I walked into the kitchen and started cooking. I started packing lunch box for Aaron. I have already said to myself yesterday. I must be strong. I must make him remember me. After cooking, I packed the food nicely into the lunch box. I smiled to myself. I hope he would like it.

I grabbed my things and headed to the hospital. When I reached, I stood outside the room. Should I go in? Why am I backing out now? Go in! I turned the knob and walked in. He was awake, sitting on the bed reading newspaper.

“Morning Aaron!!” I smiled at him widely. But he frowned instead. “Why are you here?” He gave me a cold look. I was trembling when I saw that around his neck.

“Did you remember me??!!” I ran up to him. He was wearing the couple ring that I return him.

“What are you talking about?” I then realized that he did not remember who I am. One day past only anyway. He would not remember me just by one day.

“Oh. I thought the necklace..” He looked at the necklace over my neck and feel for his.

“I thought it was nice so I wore it. If it’s yours, I return to you then.” He wanted to take off the necklace.

“No. No. It’s yours anyway.” He looked up at me.

“It’s mine?” I nodded at him. Silence crept in between us. He then realized that I was still standing in his room.

“Are you going off soon?” He said.

“I..” I grabbed on tightly to the bag of lunch box. “I brought some food for you.” I put the bag on the table.

“I just ate.”

“Errr.. Erm.. I just put here first. If you are hungry, then you take it out and eat.” I smiled at him. He just nodded and didn’t bother. I didn’t know what to say after that. I stood there like some idiot.

“I think I better get going.” I said. He just nodded. I looked at Aaron for the last few seconds before walking out of the room. He still can’t remember..

Before leaving, I looked at him again from outside. To my surprise, I saw him taking out the lunch box.

*Aaron’s POV*

This morning, when my eyes flung opened, sun shone directly into my eyes. At the same time, I felt something poking my back. I sat up and stretched my hand behind to take the thing which was poking my back. It was the necklace. I looked at the curving once again. Does it mean anything? There was a sense of familiarity towards this necklace which was unexplainable. So, I took the necklace and wore it around my neck.

Just as I took the newspaper at the side and started reading it, the girl came into my room.

“Morning Aaron!!” She seems to be in a good mood?

“Why are you here?” Without replying my question, she ran up to me suddenly.

“Did you remember me??!!”

“What are you talking about?”

“Oh. I thought the necklace..” I looked at her neck. She did have one too.

“I thought it was nice so I wore it. If it’s yours, I return to you then.”

“No. No. It’s yours anyway.”

“It’s mine?” She just nodded. We didn’t talk after that. I just felt uncomfortable suddenly.

“Are you going off soon?” I said.

“I.. I brought some food for you.”

“I just ate.”

“Errr.. Erm.. I just put here first. If you are hungry, then you take it out and eat.” I did not respond her.

“I think I better get going.” I just nodded at her.

After she left, I looked at the bag on the table. I’m actually very hungry. I took out the lunch box and placed it on the table. This lunch box.. Did I see it before?? My heart started to get hurt again.

~Flashback~

“Morning Aaron!! I made this breakfast for you. Hurry up and eat before it gets cold.”

“I’m not eating. I’m leaving.”

“Wait Wait. If you do not want to eat breakfast, it’s ok. I made a lunch box for you. Take it with you. I made it specially for you. I’m afraid that you will forget to eat lunch again so I..” I ignored her.

“Aaron, lunch box..”

“I didn’t ask you to make for me.”

~End of Flashback~

I flipped.. I flipped the lunch box away. Argh!! What are all these memories?? It seems so familiar but at the same time, it seems so foreign too. I opened the lunch box. The fragrant of the food filled the whole room. I took the spoon and started eating. The more I eat, the more I have this feeling which seems to be missing from my heart. Did I lose something important to me?

~At night~

Calvin came to see me.

“Hey brother, how are you feeling?”

“Great. I can be discharged soon.”

“I came to pass you your phone. In case anything happen, you can reach me or Gui Gui easily.”

“Gui.. Gui?” I said. He gave me a weird look.

“Ya. Gui Gui. Your girlfriend. The girl on the wall paper.” I looked at him and down to my phone. Is her.

“She’s…”

“She’s Gui Gui. Don’t you remember?” He was shocked too.

Just then, Calvin’s phone rang.

“Hello? Yes, my dear?”

Just as he is talking on the phone, I looked the wall paper.

~Flashback~

“Aaron, Aaron. Are they cute??” Someone was piling up the snowmen.

“Yes.”

“Does it look like you and me?”

“Which one are you which one is me?” I said.

“This is you and this is me.”

“Let’s take a photo with them. This will be your wallpaper.”

~End of Flashback~

The flashback just stopped suddenly. I forced myself to continue thinking about it but I couldn’t get the images back.

“Aaron, are you ok?” Calvin asked when he put down the phone.

“Yea. I’m fine. Who was that?”

“Hebe.” And he smiled sweetly.

“Aaron?”

“Yea?”

“You really don’t remember who is Gui Gui?”

“I…”

==================================
Did he really forget about her?

Signing off
bubblygal
13 August
7:23AM