Chapter 6

Love Continues [Season 2 / Sequel to If I met you earlier]

 

Hurt

Chapter Six: Hurt

*Aaron’s POV*

“Mr Yan, there are 2 more documents needed you to check by today.” My secretary came into my room and put the documents on my table. More and more work. Just then my phone ring, Gui is the one who called me.

“Hello? Aaron?”

“Gui? Anything?”

“Erm.. You say you are going to pick me up today?”

“I forget about it!! Gui, sorry sorry. I’m still busy now. I..”

“Nevermind. I will go home myself.”

“Gui, I’m sorry. I..”

“Work is more important. I understand. Don’t work till very late. Remember to eat your dinner.”

Just as I wanted to reply her, the line went off. I must have hurt her. I wanted to leave straight ahead but seeing the stacks of documents lying on my table. I just couldn’t leave.

The moment I went home that night, Gui already slept with the bear in her arms. Slowly, I walked closer to her. She must have been crying again. I touch her hair and down to her face. She didn’t dry herself her before sleeping. She must have been walking in the rain. I took the blanket and covered over her. I kiss her on her forehead before leaving the room.

The next morning, I woke up earlier and make some breakfast for her. I hugged her tightly from the back when she came down.

“Aaron..”

“I’m sorry, Gui.” I tighten my grip around her waist.

“It’s ok. I’m fine.” She doesn’t look fine to me. The moment I touch her face, tears came running down from her eyes..

“I should spend more time with you. I shouldn’t neglect you so much. I..” She kissed me on my lips to stop me from continuing my sentence.

“I admit. I wanted you to be my side. I wanted you to spend more time with me. But I understand. So don’t worry ok?” I hugged her tightly

“Did I make you cry again?” Gui let out a smile. “I will be fine.”

I didn’t want to continue this topic further. She might just cry again. I smiled at her.

“Oh ya! Almost forget. Here’s the cheque. I will accompany you to return them the money.”

We then left the house and headed to Gui’s house. We took the lift up and headed to the unit.

“Gui, stay behind me.” I held on to her hand and pull her behind me. I wouldn’t want to put any danger on her. Rubbishes are all over the floor. Suddenly, one loud crash came out from the room.

“AHHHH!!!”

“Who is there?!!!” Some men came walking out of the room. This caused me to worry about Gui. I shouldn’t let her come.

“DAD!!!!” Gui swing off my hand and dashed towards the room. Before I could even react, one of the man pushed up down to the pile of shattered beer bottles.

“GUI!!!” I dashed towards her.

“Aaron..” Her voice sounded so weak.

“You will be fine. You will be fine.” I carry her up and let her lie down on the sofa. I kissed her lightly on her forehead. “Wait for me.” She nodded lightly.

I turned around and stare at all the men.

“WHAT!! Unhappy with us??!! Her father owns us money. We have the right to collect the money. Don’t you dare to interfere!!” One of the men said fiercely. I could feel my anger is increasing within me. I didn’t say anything. I walked closer to them. I would never let them off easily. Without using much strength, all of them landed on the floor.

“DISAPPEAR FROM MY VIEW AT THIS MOMENT!!!” Before they left, I threw the cheque right at their face. “Take the money and leave. Don’t ever let me see you again!!”

“Gui, Gui..” I walked towards Gui and helped her up. “I bring you to the hospital now.”

“Dad.. Dad..” She mumbled a few words before blacking out. “Gui, Gui!!” Just as I leave, something caught my eyes.

~At the hospital~

“Water.. Water..”

“Gui? Gui?” I quickly pour a small cup of water. “Water here.” After drinking, she slowly opened her eyes. “Aaron..”

“How are you feeling? I go and call doctor.” She held onto my hand and shook her head. “I’m fine.”

After a few moment of silent, she then realized..

“Dad?? Dad!! Where’s dad??!!” She got so agitated.

“Gui, relax. Relax. Your dad is fine.” I held her back tightly. “Calm down ok?” She looked at me with that expression again - the sadness in her eyes. “He’s fine.” I hugged her gently.

“Rest first ok?”

“But..”

“Rest first.” I insisted her on resting. I didn’t want her to know. But I know, it couldn’t be hidden for long.

================================

What is it?? Comments!!

Signing off
bubblygal
25 June
9:03PM