Chapter 22

Love Continues [Season 2 / Sequel to If I met you earlier]

 

“Un-warmed”

Chapter Twenty Two: “Un-warmed”

*Gui Gui’s POV*

I got up very early today. I went over to Aaron’s room and saw him still sleeping soundly. Yes! I woke up earlier than him. I quickly rushed down to the kitchen after washing up. I believe he was just having a bad mood yesterday. He should have met some problems in his work. I should prepare breakfast for him. He has always liked my cooking. He will become happy again once he eats the breakfast I’m preparing. AH! Lunch too. I should prepare lunch box for him too. Do not know whether did he eat lunch on time everyday.. So.. I prepare a lunch box for him, he will eat right?? I started giggling to myself and started preparing the breakfast and lunch for him.

I cut and cooked until I’m sweating all over but I’m so satisfied with myself once I see the breakfast and lunch box I made for Aaron. I hope he will love it. Just then I heard footsteps outside the kitchen. Aaron should be preparing for work now. I happily bring out the breakfast and the lunch box to the dining room.

“Morning Aaron!!” I dashed towards him. He was not looking at me and there wasn’t any smile hanging on his face. He did not reply me. He stared at the table. I saw him looking at the breakfast so I continued.

“I made this breakfast for you. Hurry up and eat before it gets cold.” I grabbed onto his arms wanting to pull him to the chair and sit but..

He swung my hands away and said, “I’m not eating. I’m leaving.” The moment he turned and wanting to leave, I caught onto his hands.

“Wait Wait. If you do not want to eat breakfast, it’s ok. I made a lunch box for you.” I happily turned to the table and took the lunch box form the table. “Take it with you. I made it specially for you. I’m afraid that you will forget to eat lunch again so I..” He didn’t allow me to complete my sentence before leaving. I hurriedly followed behind him.

“Aaron, lunch box..” I didn’t know why but his actions sort of made my voice soften. I didn’t even dare to grab on to his arms. When he turned around and looked at me, I was quite surprised and happy but..

He looked down at the lunch box. He rose up his hands and flipped the lunch box away from my hand and it landed on the ground. All the rice and vegetables spilt out of the box.

“I didn’t ask you to make for me.” He said in a very cold tone before leaving the house for work. I was stunned. I could feel that my legs are practically stuck to the ground. I didn’t see this coming. Drop of tears started rolling down my eyes. I started to question and blame myself.

Did I did something wrong which made Aaron angry? Is it because of Wang Zi? I should have avoided him. Or I’m not good enough?? It’s the fact that I gave him a lot of problems. Even since the first time we met, I have always been a burden to him, isn’t it? He must be tired of me.
The more I think, the more I cry. All the things that I start to question myself became more and more ridiculous.
I went over to pick up the lunch box. Tears just continuously falling down. I picked up the meat and vegetables one by one and put back into the lunch box. I don’t feel like going to the shop hence I called Hebe to tell her than I’m not going.

“Gui, what happen? Are you feeling unwell? Why you sound so reckless? Did you call Aaron to tell him?” Hebe started asking a lot a lot of questions.

“I’m fine. I’m just having a slight headache. I will be fine after resting.” I lied to her. I put down the phone. I didn’t know what to do now. I looked around the house. I went into the cleaners’ room to take out mop, pail, broom, cloths, scrubs and soaps.

I didn’t want to think of it now. There is nothing wrong between me and Aaron. I’m just being over-sensitive. Yes. Over-sensitive. I mumbled while cleaning the house.

“Ms Gui Gui, let us clean. You shouldn’t be the one cleaning the house.” The maids started chasing me after all the mop, broom, pail and others. “Young Master would scold us if he sees this.” I paused when I heard this. One drop of tear flowed out from my right eye.

“Ms Gui Gui..” The maids slowly approached me and took the things away. I wiped off the tear and stood up.

“Then.. I’m going out to buy grocery.”

“Ms Gui Gui..” I cut off her sentence.

“I’m going out.” I’m determined to do so. I ran up to my room to take my things and left the house. I walked around the supermarket, pushing a trolley. The trolley was filled with food especially chocolate ice-cream. I tried to be happy when I’m out.

What should I make for dinner tonight? What would Aaron like to eat tonight? I happily grabbed everything I see in the meat and vegetables section. I pushed to the counter and paid for the things. Guess I bought too much things. I have problems taking all the things home. I looked all the things in the trolley. Just then, someone called out to me.

“Gui!” I saw Wang Zi running towards my direction.

“Why are you here?”

“I was planning to buy things from the supermarket and go to the florist shop to find you.” He looked down to my trolley.

“Why did you buy so many things? Where’s Aaron? Is he with you?” All my emotions almost come out when he mention Aaron but I managed to swallow all of them down to the stomach. I forced out a smile.

“He is working now.”

“Let me send you home first than go back to the florist shop.”

“I’m not working today. And.. I can go home myself.” I rejected his offer but he insisted in sending me home.

“Thanks for sending me home.” I took all the things from his car.

“Let me help you with it.” He came forward and took some bags from me.

“I can manage. Really.” I wanted to take back the bags but he wouldn’t let me. The moment we stepped into the house, we saw Aaron. Why he.. I thought he was at the company? I happily put down all the things on the floor and ran up to him.

“Why are you back? I thought..” He cut off my sentence.

“I came back to take documents.” He said and walked away. His coldness is still there.

“Why are you here?” Aaron asked while facing Wang Zi. I quickly run to them standing in between them.

“I met him at the supermarket and he..”

“Not interested.” He passed me. Wang Zi grabbed onto his arms to stop him from leaving. “Gui, is he bullying you?” Wang Zi asked me.

“Hands off.” Aaron said. I quickly turned around and took Wang Zi’s hands off Aaron’s arms. “No no. He did not bully me.” The moment Wang Zi let go of his grip, Aaron walked off. I looked at his back view. I wanted to cry out so badly but I didn’t.

“I can manage now. Don’t worry.” I took the things from Wang Zi.

“Gui..” I forced out a smile. “Bye.” And I carried the things to the kitchen.I started stuffing all the things into the refrigerator.

“Ah. There isn’t enough space to put the chocolate ice-cream.” I took a look at the boxes of chocolate ice-cream. There were still 2 boxes of ice-cream. Guess I shall not waste it. I will eat it then. I close the refrigerator door and took all the ice-cream up to my room.

Without much thinking, I opened up the ice-cream and started eating. At the same time, tears started welling out from my eyes.

==========================
Signing off
bubblygal
25 July
10:19PM