Chapter 23

Love Continues [Season 2 / Sequel to If I met you earlier]

 

Final Blow

Chapter Twenty Three: Final Blow

*Aaron’s POV*

I really hurt her badly. My heart hurts a lot too. I wanted to hug her into my arms but I stopped myself from doing so. She put on a happy face today. I was hesitating whether to continue being cold to her. However, thinking of my condition, I continued doing so. And today I did to the extreme.

“Morning Aaron!! I made this breakfast for you. Hurry up and eat before it gets cold.” I didn’t want to stay longer in this house. It just made me hurt even more seeing her like this.

“I’m not eating. I’m leaving.” I said coldly and brushed her hands off.

“Wait Wait. If you do not want to eat breakfast, it’s ok. I made a lunch box for you. Take it with you. I made it specially for you. I’m afraid that you will forget to eat lunch again so I..” Why is she doing this??!! ARGH!! I tried to leave but she chased after me.

“Aaron, lunch box..” I turned around and looked at her with the lunch box holding on her hands. Should I? I shouldn’t have done this but I flipped the lunch box onto the ground.

“I didn’t ask you to make for me.” I walked off and left her standing there stunned.

After going to the company, I kept on thinking about the scenes. I totally regretted doing that. I promise her not to hurt her anymore. But I had done a lot of damages to her within these 2 days. Around lunch time, I thought of the lunch box she made for me in the morning. I started thinking. Should I go and find her?? I grabbed my things and left. I drove to the florist shop but I didn’t see her there so I drove home.

“Where is Gui Gui?” I asked one of the maids.

“She said she is going to the supermarket.” I also heard from them that Gui Gui has been cleaning the house. Just then, I heard the sound of the opening of door. I turned around to look. She was with Wang Zi. The moment she saw me, she immediately dashed towards me.

“Why are you back? I thought..”

“I came back to take documents.” I said coldly. I’m really affected when I saw her with Wang Zi.

“Why are you here?” I stood in front of Wang Zi.

“I met him at the supermarket and he..” Gui quickly ran up to stand in front of me.

“Not interested.” I wanted to walk off but he grabbed onto my arm.

“Gui, is he bullying you?”

“Hands off.”

“No no. He did not bully me.” Gui “plucked” off his hand from my arms. I left after that.

At night, after work, I went back home. I was hesitating whether to go into the house. I hope she is sleeping already. I wouldn’t want to hurt her any further. I took a deep breath and walked in. I found her sleeping on the dining table. I looked at the table. She prepared the dinner.

“Gui.. Gui..” I nudged her.

“Aaron?” I rubbed her eyes. “You are back already?” She took a look at the dishes on the table.

“They must be cold already. I heat up the food for you.” My heart feels so pain to see her like this. I stopped her.

“Gui, don’t need. I’m not hungry.” I ignored her and walked back to my room.

After 10 minutes, Gui came knocking onto my room.

“Aaron, I heat up some milk for you. Drink it before sleeping ok?” She smiled sweetly.

“I don’t need it.” I replied coldly.

“Aaron..”

“I said I don’t need to!! Stop bugging me will you??!! I really hope that you will disappear in front of me!!!”
I hurt her again. She dropped the glass of milk onto the floor and ran off. After 15 minutes, I went out of my room. I couldn’t find her anywhere in the house. Just then, outside started pouring. Rain started pouring down heavily. Did she run out? Should I go and find her? While I was pondering, I saw flash of lightings. I grabbed an umbrella and went out looking for her. Where is she?? Did she go all the way to the playground? I drove all the way to the playground and saw her sitting on the swing. I get down from my car and went over to her. But I was late. The moment I got down from my car, Wang Zi was already standing in front of her, sheltering her with an umbrella.

*Gui Gui’s POV*

I can’t believe he said that. That isn’t him. That isn’t him. I kept on running and running. Tears kept on flowing and flowing. But the rain seems to cover up all my tears. Without realizing, I ran back to the same old place – playground. Memories started flooding back into my mind. The rain seems to understand how I feel as it is crying with me.

Suddenly, the rain stopped. I looked up to see Wang Zi was actually the one sheltering me with umbrella.

“Wang Zi? Why are you here?”

“I should be the one asking you this.” Wang Zi held my hand, pulling me up from the swing. “Let’s go.” He forcefully pulled me along with him. Both of us saw Aaron standing in front of us.

“Let’s go.” Wang Zi pulled me to his car. I took a last glance of Aaron before leaving with Wang Zi.

“You will spend your days at my house. I will not allow you to go back to him.”

“Wang Zi, I..”

“In the afternoon, I already sense sometime wrong. He did bully you, didn’t he?” This time, I kept silence.

*Calvin’s POV*

“Aaron! Stop drinking already!!” I wanted to stop Aaron from drinking. He has been drinking a lot. What’s wrong with him??

“You called me out just to see you drink?!! Stop drinking already!” I snatched the cup away from him. He still intended to drink directly from the bottle.

“What is the matter with you!!!” I started shaking him real hard. He started to laugh.

“Gui cooked dinner for me today. She prepare lunch box for me too..”

“You are drunk already. I’m going to send you home.” I wanted to pull him up.

“No. I’m not drunk. You are my buddy. You should drink with me also.” He started pouring the beer into the cups and drinking them in shots.

“Stop drinking already!” I forcefully took the cups away from him and dragged him out of the pub.

I drove him home and threw him on his bed. This is the first time I ever see him in this condition. I told the maids to clean up for him. Just as the moment I’m leaving his room, I saw his medical report.

=========================
I'm sorry for making you all cry.. Haha.. But i cried while writing this too.. =)..

Signing off
bubblygal
26 July
7:50PM