Chapter 30

Love Continues [Season 2 / Sequel to If I met you earlier]

 

Away

Chapter Thirty: Away

*Aaron’s POV*

“I really don’t remember. Is she really my girlfriend?” Calvin nodded.

“How could you forget about her? Isn’t she the one you care for most?”

When Calvin left, I started thinking of what he had said. The holes in my memories, Is she the one in my memory? Every now and then, she would always come and visit me but I did not mention a word to her about the wall paper. She might end up thinking that I remembered her which is not although I did have flashbacks here and there.

On the day I was discharged, she was here again.

“Aaron, ready to go?” She said.

“Where’s Calvin?”

“He’s downstairs waiting for us.” I nodded at her and walked out of the room.

“I help you with the bag.” She offered to take my stuffs but I rejected her.

“It’s ok. I can take it myself.”

“Oh ok.” She sounded disappointed. I turned around to look at her. I held onto her hand and led her behind me.

“Let’s walk faster. Don’t let Calvin wait for too long.”

*Gui Gui’s POV*

I was happy when he held onto my hand. Can I treat these as some hope in our relationship? Aaron, when will you remember me? Both of us headed to Calvin’s car.

“Eh! Eh!” Calvin looked at our hands which are holding on to each other. Aaron let go of my hand immediately.

“Let’s go.” And he went inside the car. Calvin looked at me. I didn’t say anything. I just smiled at him and went into the car.

When we reached home, Calvin went back to his company.

“You are living with me?” Aaron asked.

“Yes.”

“Why are you living with me?” I didn’t know how to answer him. He has forgotten what we have been through, didn’t he? I didn’t reply him. I really hope that he could remember me.

“I go and fix dinner for you.”

“The chef can do so isn’t it?” I ignored him and headed for the kitchen. While preparing the dinner, tears started flowing out.

“Gui..” Aaron walked into the kitchen. I immediately turned my back against him. I do not want him to know that I’m crying but nothing seems to be able to hide from him.

“I’m sorry. I know that you are my girlfriend but I pretended not to know. I know that I shouldn’t be forgetting about our past but I really can’t remember. I know that..” I stopped him from continuing. The more he says, the more pain my heart gets.

“I know. I understand. I will not think too much. I won’t give you any trouble. I..” Tears kept on flowing out. I didn’t want to stay here anymore. I ran out of the kitchen and out of the house. I have lost count already. This is the Nth time that I ran away from him. He would not come after me this time.

*Aaron’s POV*

What am I doing? I didn’t know why but I started to panic and worried about her. I chased out of the house but she was already out of sight. Where could she have run to? I started driving around my house but I still couldn’t find her. I then realized, in the bottom of my heart, I did care for her. I would get affected my mood. I did hope for her to come and visit me when I’m at the hospital. What’s the matter with me? Rain started pouring down. Where could she have been to? I went back home after that. I couldn’t find her. I looked out of the window. Rain drops are hitting against the glass. I walked up the stairs and opened her room door. I walked inside. I saw a tatty bear and a piglet sitting side by side on her bed. Flashbacks started coming back and head started to hurt.

~Flashback 1~

“This is for you.”

“AH!!! It’s so cute.”

“Hi tatty bear. My name is Gui Gui. What’s yours?”

“Hey! What are you laughing at?”

“Nothing.” I started laughing and we went chasing each other around the room.

~Flashback 2~

“Aaron! Aaron! I want that piglet!”

“Let’s win it ok?”

“OK!!!” She hugged the piglet and ran all over the amusement park wanting to try of the games there.

~End of Flashback~

My memory was like a puzzle. Pieces of memory seem to come back to me one by one. Without realizing, I fall asleep on her bed. The next morning I woke up, I was covered with blanket. Did Gui come home? I ran out of the room immediately. I looked around the house but I couldn’t see her anywhere.

“Morning, Young Master.” A maid greeted me.

“Did you saw Gui?”

“I’m sorry Young Master. Ms Gui Gui didn’t come home yesterday after she ran out.” I went out looking for her again. I should be able to know where is she but.. I called Calvin and Hebe but they didn’t seem to know where she is. Hebe screamed into the phone.

“WHAT DID YOU DO AGAIN?? DID YOU MAKE HER SAD AGAIN?? YOU HAVE ALREADY FORGOTTEN ABOUT HER, WHY DO YOU STILL WANT TO MAKE HER CRY AGAIN??!!” I could hear Calvin’s voice at the back.

“Dear, calm down. Aaron don’t mean to.”

“Calvin and I will go look for her too. Let’s keep in contact.” I went on searching for her. I asked around but no one seems to see her. Just then, I saw some familiar figure walking pass. It’s her!

“Gui!” I shouted for her but she doesn’t seem to hear me. “GUI!!” I called for her again. I kept on running and running towards her direction. She seems so distracted. She kept on walking and walking. Even if she knocked onto people, she doesn’t even care. My eyes widen when she started crossing the road.

“Gui!! LOOK OUT!!!” I dashed up to her. Horns from the vehicles were everywhere across the streets. I pushed her away. Both of us fall to the side of the road.

“Gui, Gui. Are you ok? Huh?” I hugged her tightly.
“Let me go.” She pushed me away and walked away. I ran up to her and pulled her back.

“I said let me go!” She tried to swing off my hand. I pulled her into my arms.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered into her ears.

“Don’t say sorry to me. You are not the one at fault. I only can blame myself. I’m the one who asked you to go for the operation. I’m the one who told you to forget about me. I’m the one who said that I’m able to make me remember me. I’m the one.” Tears started rolling down her cheeks.

“Let me go.” She pushed me away and walked away. I stood there. My legs seem to be rooted to the ground. After a while, it’s my turn to walk around. I went back home at night. To my surprise, Gui was at home. I ran up to her but..

“I cooked dinner for you. Eat it while it’s still warm.” She said in a cold tone. After bringing out all the dishes from the kitchen, she went back to her room.

“Aren’t you going to eat with me?” She shook her head. After 15 minutes, she walked down from her room. She went to open the fridge and took a box of chocolate ice-cream. She sat at the living room and started eating it.

"Gui, it’s bad for health eating ice-cream at night.”

“I know.” She replied.

“But why are you still eating it? There is still food on the table.” I wanted to take the ice-cream away from her but she wouldn’t let me.

“Don’t you remember why?”

“I..”

==================================

Sorry for the late update.. Exams are coming so have to study for it.. =)..

Signing off
bubblygal
17 August
8:14AM