Chapter 25

Love Continues [Season 2 / Sequel to If I met you earlier]

 

Break Up

Chapter Twenty Five: Break Up

*Aaron’s POV*

Ah! My head. Where am I? My vision is so blur now. As it got clearer, I saw Gui standing in front of me. Am I dreaming? I should be dreaming. I closed up my eyes and went back to my dreamland. The next moment I opened my eyes, it’s already night time. I looked around the room. I started shifting myself to sit up. I then saw Gui with her head lying on my bed. Slowly, I moved my hand to her hair.

She jerked a little and saw me awake. grew wide opened.

“You are awake! I go and call them.” The moment she wanted to leave the room, I caught onto her hand. Both of us stared at each other for a moment. I realized that I was holding on to her hand. I immediately let go of her hand. Gui looked down on to the floor.

“I’m fine now. You can go back already.” I changed back to the cold tone when I said this. She didn’t move but stood at the same spot. I looked at her and saw her crying. I wanted to go up and comfort her but I stopped myself from doing so.

“Stop crying. I’m not dead yet.” I said.

“How could you do this to me?” She said while crying. The way she cried in front of me just made my heart softened.

“Gui..”

“How could you leave me alone? How could you hurt me so easily? How..” Without waiting for her to complete her sentence, I held her hand and pulled her towards me.

“I’m sorry.” I hugged her tightly. I then wondered how I am supposed to live without her. But..

“Let’s break up.” I said. She stopped crying immediately.

“No. No. Why? Did I do anything wrong? Why do you want to break up with me?” Gui practically lost control. I grabbed on to her shoulder.

“Gui! Gui! Listen to me.” She then slowly calm down. “You did nothing wrong. It’s me. I don’t love you anymore.”

“No. Impossible. You are lying to me right?”

“Go to Wang Zi. I believe he can bring happiness to you.” She took a few steps back before running out of my room. I’m sorry, Gui.

“Brother..” Calvin walked into my room.

“You decided not to tell her?” I shook my head.

“I have not tell them either. I just told them you have serious headaches which caused you to blank out. But I guess it didn’t sound convince. Hebe is starting to suspect that I’m hiding something from her.”

“Sorry, Calvin.”

“Aaron, think about it carefully. Rest well. I got to go already.”

“Thanks.” I lay on my bed. Gui.. I get down of my bed and headed down. I started looking around. This is the house without Gui. I went into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. Boxes and boxes of chocolate ice-cream piled up in the fridge. Gui should have bought it that day. I took out one of them and started eating. Tears started welling out. I’m the one who let her go.

*Gui Gui’s POV*

I don’t believe. I don’t believe. I kept on running and running. How many times have I run away from him? I ran towards the beach.

“WHY!!!!” I screamed out loud towards the sea. I squatted down and started crying.

~Flashback 1~

“Do you like this place?”

“Yap! I love this place!!”

“This will be our second secret place ok?”.

“I didn’t know that you skate.”

“Do you want to skate to?”

“I don’t know how to skate.”

“I can teach you.”

“Don’t let go of my hands ok??”

“Ok, silly.”

“Aahhhhhhhhhhh.” Aaron started skating in a fast speed pulling Gui behind him. She started screaming out loud. Aaron started laughing.

“Not funny ok!” Gui pouted.

“Ok ok. Let’s skate slowly.”

~Flashback 2~

“Aaron!!”

“Huh?”

“I – Love – You.”

~Flashback 3~

“Aaron, Aaron. Are they cute??”

“Yes.”

“Does it look like you and me?”

“This is you and this is me.”

“Let’s take a photo with them.”

“This will be your wallpaper.”

“I also want. I also put as wallpaper. Ta-da!!”

~End of Flashback~

I took out my phone and looked at the wallpaper. At this moment, Aaron was also doing the same thing. Tears started falling down. I love him. I really love him.

“Gui..” Wang Zi appeared behind me. I wiped off my tears before facing him.

“I’m fine.”

“Gui, let me be the one protecting you. Can you give me a chance?” I looked at Wang Zi. I smiled.

“Sorry. I don’t want to hurt you. But I only love him.” He just nodded.

Days started passing without him by my side. Since then, I have not been smiling.

*Aaron’s POV*

I didn’t want it to be like this. If I’m the one who took your smile away, I would rather not let you know that I exist in the first place. Gui, I’m looking over you. I hadn’t been able to concentrate in my work. I have been forcing myself to do so. Every now and then, I’m looking at you from far, do you know that? I hadn’t seen you smile after the day we broke up. I want to see you smile again. How can I do so?

I went into a dessert hut and get some chocolate cakes. The moment I stepped out of the shop, I saw the both of you walking towards me.

“Hi.” Wang Zi greeted me in a monotone. I looked at Gui. Both of us didn’t speak to each other.

“We are heading for lunch, do you want to join us?” After hearing this sentence, I hide the box of chocolate cakes behind my back.

“No, thank you.” I relied in a cold tone and walked away. I forced myself not to turn back, not to see the both of them.

====================================
Signing off
bubblygal
1 August
8:10AM