Chapter 5

Love Continues [Season 2 / Sequel to If I met you earlier]

 

Mixed Feelings

Chapter Five: Mixed Feelings

~At night~

*Gui Gui’s POV*

“Gui, are you going home yet?” Hebe asked me. I look at her and then look at the time. Is Aaron coming soon??

“Not yet.”

“You are still waiting for Aaron? Did he forget about it? Do you want to call him?”

Han walked pass us, “Bye Gui, Hebe. See you tomorrow.”

She doesn’t seem to be in a good mood. It should be because of Jiro. Hope she would get better tomorrow. “Bye, Han.”

After Han has left, Hebe started staring at me. “What’s wrong?”

“Aaron seems to be very busy these few days. Do you want to call him?”

I waited for a while before picking up the phone.

“Hello? Aaron?”

“Gui? Anything?”

“Erm.. You say you are going to pick me up today?”

I could feel that he is in shocked. “I forget about it!! Gui, sorry sorry. I’m still busy now. I..”

I cut off his sentence, “Nevermind. I will go home myself.”

“Gui, I’m sorry. I..”

“Work is more important. I understand. Don’t work till very late. Remember to eat your dinner.” I tried to hide my sadness. Without letting him continue, I put down the phone.

“Halo!! Dear, ready to go home??” Calvin walked into the shop and hug Hebe on her waist. He turned to look at me. “Gui, where’s Aaron?” He started looking around the shop. Hebe tried hinting him but failed. She ended up hitting Calvin with him elbow.

“Ouch!! What’s that for?” Hebe stared at him.

“I’m fine. I go out first.” I headed for the door.

“Gui..” I didn’t reply Hebe and walked out of the shop.

Walking down the streets, memories just came flooding back into my mind. He promise that this weekend we would go out for a date. Will he remember? Do I really believe that work is more important or I am just comforting myself? Aaron.. The sky started crying without any notice.

“Gui! Gui!” Hebe rushed out of Calvin’s car, holding on to an umbrella. “Silly girl, what are you doing? Get in to the car.” Hebe held my hand and pulled me into the car.

~Aaron’s house~

“Gui..”

“I’m fine. It’s getting late. Go home now.”

“But..”

“Calvin, bring her home now.”

“Hebe, let’s go.”

Hebe took a last glance of me and headed back into Calvin’s car. I walked into my room. I sat on my bed and hugged my tatty bear tightly. Just like the weather, tears came falling out from my eyes. The mixed feeling inside my heart is so unexplainable. Didn’t know how long I have been crying. The moment I open my eyes, it is already the next morning. I quickly washed up and headed down. Suddenly someone hugged me from the back.

“Aaron..”

“I’m sorry, Gui.” He tightens his grip.

“It’s ok. I’m fine.” He turned me around to look at him. He touches my face gently. Few drops of tear roll down unknowingly. He hugged me tightly again.

“I should spend more time with you. I shouldn’t neglect you so much. I..” Without allowing him to finish his sentence, I kiss him on lips.

“I admit. I wanted you to be my side. I wanted you to spend more time with me. But I understand. So don’t worry ok?”

He hugged me tightly again – just wanted to cherish this feeling. “Did I make you cry again?” I smiled at him. “I will be fine.” He finally let out a smile.

“Oh ya! Almost forget. Here’s the cheque. I will accompany you to return them the money.” I just nodded and smile.
We drove ourselves to my house. It has been so long since I return here. We took the lift up and headed to my unit. The door isn’t lock. The moment I want to push open the door, Aaron stopped me.

“Gui, stay behind me.” He held onto my hand and pulled me behind him. He slowly pushed open the door and step inside. Papers, newspapers, beer bottles, and cigarette – they are all over the place.

“AHHHH!!!” I screamed out loud after a big bang coming out from the room.

“Who is there?!!!” Some angry, thick voice shouted out. A few men walked out of the room. Aaron pushed me behind him. I took a peek and saw my dad lying on the floor inside the room.

“DAD!!!!” I rushed towards my dad but at the very next moment, I landed on the shattered beer bottles.

“GUI!!!”

==========================
Signing off
bubblygal
22 June
8:07PM