New Plan

Connections

 

“Haneul-ah!”

Haneul’s head instantly turned at the sound of her name. “Yes?”

Her mother entered the room, her brows furrowed. “Your father has to go on a business trip to Macau for a few months, right?”

“Yes…” Haneul didn’t like where this seemed to be going.

“And your grandparents live in Macau…”

“Yes…”

“So I want to go with him, to visit my parents.”

“What?!”

“Well, your father and I have been discussing it, and we have arranged…”

“What about food??”

“Listen, I know you are shocked by this, but let me speak,” her mother spoke sternly.

Haneul kept quiet - with much difficulty, for once. She knew she was being rude, but she wasn’t exactly close to her other relatives. And they lived so far away.

“So, your father and I have previously made arrangements for you – and this will last as long as we are overseas – to live with Doojoon.”

Haneul’s eyes widened in shock. She had expected to either be sent to a relative’s house or a rented room. But BEAST’s dorm?! It was every fangirl’s dream, but Haneul was thinking further ahead. How would she leave the house for school? Where would she sleep? How would she even survive standing in the same room as Junhyung? She nearly ran away when she bumped into him that time. Slowly calming down, she told herself that Doojoon would be with her. But what if he had activities while the other members didn’t? Hopefully such a situation wouldn’t happen too soon.

“—Haneul, are you listening to me?”

“Huh?”

“I said, Beast’s managers have decided to make it something like You’re My Oppa, whatever that is, apparently you’d know… So you have to prepare and everything. They’ll be coming on Saturday. Beast doesn’t know anything, not even Doojoon. I’m sure he’ll be pleased,” her mother repeated herself, leaving the room with a warm smile.

But oppa is supposed to call me tonight… Haneul thought, squeezing her eyes shut in frustration. She was a decent liar, but she hated the thought of lying to Doojoon. Well, it’s all going to be revealed to him anyway, she thought, consoling herself.

***

“Doojoonie~”

“What.” Doojoon spat, getting rid of the box as quickly as he could. And getting rid of it meant throwing it across the room towards the dustbin but missing.

Junhyung laughed. “I know you ate it.”

“Whatever.”

“Why so grumpy?”

“Leave me alone.” Doojoon covered his face with his arms as he lay his head on the table. He didn’t want to deal with Junhyung right then. The thought of losing his sister hurt. He saw the way she looked at him. Her eyes sparkled. But what kind of fan wouldn’t? He sighed. That wasn’t what was bothering him. He had dealt with her fangirling long ago.

It was the way Junhyung looked at her.

---

Enjoy :P

I hope to come up with another chapter soon, but no guarantees ))):