Discharged

Connections

Junhyung and Yoseob entered the ward to find Dongwoon already there, sitting in the chair next to a sleeping Haneul.

“Dongwoon?” Yoseob ventured forward, walking up to the still figure. Dongwoon was a little startled, but he quickly gained his composure. “Oh, hyung, hi,” he answered, lost, as if he had been daydreaming.

“Have you been here the whole time? We tried looking for you, and you wouldn’t pick up your phone.”

“Sorry, hyung, it was on silent…” Dongwoon grinned sheepishly, forcing the thoughts of Daehyun out of his head. He had been planning on how to get Haneul out of the horrendous school she attended. No doubt she’d get nearly killed again. He took out his phone and switched it to ‘vibrate’ before putting it back.

“We were worried about you, kid, don’t sneak out like that again!” Junhyung nagged.

“Yes hyung,” Dongwoon answered, avoiding eye contact with the two hyungs. He wasn’t that much younger than the other members, but they all cared for him like he was their little brother.

“Anyway, since we’ve found you, I guess we can bring Haneul home.” Yoseob scratched his head absent-mindedly. “Go find Doojoon, he’s at the reception counter signing some papers.” After Dongwoon left, he walked up to Haneul and gently woke her up. “Haneul… Haneul, sweetie, we’re gonna get you home,” he cooed, her hair out of her face.

Junhyung, standing next to Yoseob, watched her sweet face cringe slightly at his touch. Her eyes opened sleepily, as she rubbed them like a child. Once she remembered where she was, she smiled at the sight of her two oppas. “We’re going home?” She asked cheerfully, her radiant smile lighting up her eyes and it was all Junhyung could do to not gather her up in a big bear hug. He didn’t want to hurt her. Yoseob, on the other hand, helped her to sit up as a nurse came bustling in.

“Okay boys,” she spoke loudly in a busy tone, “The sooner we get this over with, the sooner she can go home. So scram, you two, and she’ll be out in a jiffy.” She chased them out and quickly got to business.

***

Haneul stepped, not wheeled, out of the ward for the first time. It hurt to walk, but after practicing for a while inside the ward, she was soon able to bear with the pain. She didn’t want to worry everyone even more. It was a good thing that her parents weren’t going to be home in more than a month; she didn’t have to tell them and would have recovered by then.

She was wearing a loose T-shirt and a pair of track pants that Doojoon had picked out from her luggage. The clothes allowed her to change and move as pain-free as possible. Haneul was glad for such a thoughtful brother as Doojoon. She entered the lobby, where they were all waiting. They smiled when they saw her, and Junhyung took off his hoodie and gave it to her to wear. “It’s cold outside,” he mumbled as she put it on. They walked out, and Haneul was secretly relieved to see that a minivan was waiting for them. She couldn’t have walked all the way home.

***

Manager Jiyeong was driving, and she greeted Haneul warmly. Haneul returned the greeting with a grateful smile. Doojoon sat in the front passenger seat, deep in thought again. Junhyung sighed inaudibly. He had hoped Doojoon was over his sulking. Hyunseung and Kikwang sat in the rear, leaving Junhyung, Dongwoon and Yoseob to sit in the middle, with Haneul between Dongwoon and Yoseob. Junhyung would have liked to sit next to Haneul, but he told himself to deal with it; it wasn’t like this was his last car ride with her.

Dongwoon soon fell asleep with his head on Junhyung’s shoulder, being tired from waking up early to visit Haneul. The rapper sighed once more as he gently patted Dongwoon’s head, looking out the window on his left and watching the cars whizz by.

Yoseob and Haneul, however, seemed oblivious to the lethargy on the other side of the van as they chatted away happily. Junhyung smiled to hear Haneul laugh. It was infectious. He was glad Yoseob knew how to treat her and make her laugh, because he sure didn’t. Especially with her brother all depressed and blaming himself for her injuries. The night before, when they walked around together, Doojoon had told him how guilty he felt. No matter how much Junhyung tried to console him, he’d shake his head and refuse to believe anything else.

Junhyung knew the ride home would be short, but he couldn’t help that his eyelids were getting heavier, and soon he was drifting off to sleep.

----

It's good that I have been updating lately, isn't it? xD

But my exams start on Tuesday~ T__T And I haven't studied properly. I should study, but I just can't! Sigh, what's wrong with me....

Anywho, look forward to another chapter soon! (hopefully.)

Thank you for commenting and subscribing <3