Brothers

Connections

 

Thank you for all your comments! I really appreciate it ^^

---------

 

They stepped out of the lift, and a camera was there waiting. It was as if everyone was shifting to the new plan immediately. Jiyeong whispered to her what to do, and Haneul quietly walked up to the door, slipping off her shoes as Jiyeong let her in as soundlessly as she could. She tiptoed down the hallway towards the living room, the only sound being the wheels of her luggage on the floor.

***

“Who’s there?!” Kikwang shouted, springing to his feet once he heard an odd sound coming from the corridor. The rest of the members immediately turned their attention towards the noise. From around the corner a head poked out, and Doojoon couldn’t believe his eyes.

“Haneul!” He cried, scrambling over to his little sister and engulfing her in a big bear hug. Haneul smiled weakly as she was swept off her feet and spun around in his arms, her long hair, jeans and feet being the only parts of her you could see.

“Yah, yah.” Yoseob spoke up, beginning to feel worried for Haneul. “Put her down so that she can breathe.” Doojoon did as he was told, and Haneul looked at Yoseob thankfully. He could see that she was too weak for Doojoon’s strong arms. He smiled back at her warmly.

While Doojoon interrogated Haneul on the situation, the other members looked at each other curiously. What were they going to do?

Amidst the confusion, Dongwoon had snuck into the kitchen to grab some snacks and coke from the fridge. Seeing the painful look on Junhyung’s face, he mouthed, “We’ll buy more later!” as he poured out a glass for the young girl.

“…so you’re Beast’s little sister now?” Doojoon was asking, as Dongwoon noiselessly passed Haneul the snacks and coke. They were all sitting comfortably on the floor as Doojoon tried to get all sorts of information from Haneul. She thanked Dongwoon with a quick bow and picked up the cup to drink. “Yes,” she answered simply, drinking it down rather quickly. The cameras made her nervous, but Doojoon’s presence was comforting.

“Cool! Let’s start by introducing ourselves. I’m Kikwang oppa,” Kikwang burst out suddenly, rather pleased with the fact that he suddenly had a younger sister. “… though I suppose you would know that by now,” he added rather sheepishly.

“Wait, why not we decide who’s sleeping where tonight,” Dongwoon suggested. Everyone seemed to agree to that idea.

“One of us has to sleep on the floor,” Junhyung mentioned, looking at the others. “We can’t let her sleep on the floor. It’s too cold.”

Hyunseung didn’t like the thought of sleeping on the floor for who knows how long. “Why not we take turns?”

“I’m not letting you guys sleep next to her,” Doojoon cut in.

“Why not?” Junhyung rolled his eyes.

“I’m her brother.”

“All of us are her brothers now,” Junhyung replied with a laugh.

“We’ll settle who sleeps on the floor later. Haneul, why don’t you go unpack?” Yoseob turned to the poor girl, who was being talked about as if she wasn’t there. She had already finished her coke and eaten some snacks, and had been sitting there uncomfortably, obviously embarrassed by Doojoon’s over-protectiveness.

After she had dragged her luggage into the bedroom, manager Joonkun called the boys to gather and explained to them, in a low voice, the full details of the show. Getting up, he added, “It’s only going to be two months, so make it worthwhile. You guys decide what to do today. Make her feel welcome.” With that, he returned to his place behind the cameras.