Conflict

Connections

 

Doojoon felt cold. The room seemed emptier. Something was missing. Opening his eyes, he looked around the room…

Where was Junhyung?!

Scrambling to get up, he grabbed his phone and dialled Junhyung’s number. It rang and rang, but there was no answer. Muttering sleepy curses, he fumbled his way out, avoiding the sleeping logs called Yoseob, Kikwang, Dongwoon and Hyunseung on the floor. It was when he stepped onto Junhyung’s bed that he realised why he wasn’t picking up. Bending down to pick up the vibrating cell phone, Doojoon groaned. He had left his phone in the room! Placing the phone back next to the pillow, Doojoon walked out of the slightly open door. Junhyung never went anywhere without his phone. He should still be in the house. Despite this, Doojoon was not at all relieved. Knowing the insomniac Joker, he could be searching the house for Doojoon’s baby pictures, or even…

Doojoon’s thoughts were cut off by the sound of soft giggles. Tip-toeing softly in his socks, he made his way over to Haneul’s door. Why was Haneul giggling? She shouldn’t be awake, she’s still a kid, and she needs sleep…

Opening a crack in the door, he peered into the room, making out two figures sitting on the floor, chatting.

***

“Next time you see us, please don’t run away,” Junhyung laughed politely. “But of course, you need to avoi-”

“YONG JUNHYUNG!”

Junhyung scurried to his feet at Doojoon’s near scream. “O-Oh, D-Doojoonie, d-don’t be angry…” he stammered, but Doojoon’s stern, questioning expression didn’t change.

“Doojoon oppa, i-it’s okay, re-”

“You, get out and go back next door.” Doojoon growled quietly at Junhyung, pointing out the door. Not wanting to kick up a fuss, Junhyung left without another word. Doojoon closed the door and stepped towards his sister, his eyes demanding an explanation.

***

“Kid, what did I use to tell you about talking to strangers?! You’re lucky it was Junhyung.”

That was Doojoon’s first reaction. After his sister finished explaining the situation to him, he sighed. He could understand Junhyung’s curiosity about Haneul after seeing her again, but sneaking into her room was really too far.

“Please don’t be mad at Junhyung oppa…”

Doojoon frowned, rubbing his temples in frustration. How could he ever say no to his little sister? Haneul pleaded more persistently, and he eventually gave in. “I swear, sometimes I think I love you way too much.” Hearing this, Haneul laughed and gave him a quick hug before gently pushing him out of her room, whispering a happy “good night”.

Upon walking back into the guest room, Doojoon’s feet immediately met Junhyung’s calmly breathing body. “Idiot, I know you’re awake,” he muttered, softly kicking him in the side. Junhyung groaned, sitting up as Doojoon moved his bed next to him. “Haneul told me everything. But seriously, sneaking into her room? At 4AM? Really,” he scolded, hitting his friend once on the head before climbing into the blankets and closing his eyes, ignoring the feeble protests coming from his left. It was going to be a long day, and he needed rest.

----

I apologise for not extending the scene between Junhyung and Haneul!! I have no idea what they could talk about. :/

I won't be updating very regularly, forgive me!! >_<