Choice

Connections

Thanks for your comments <333 :D

Comment more? xD

I love reading comments <3

----

“Daehyun, I know you want to be her Prince Charming and all, but could you please remember who you are?!” Yongsoo’s tone was irritated; angry.

Daehyun just looked down at his feet. He could do whatever the hell he wanted. He wasn’t some puppet like Jinhwa and Hyunwoo. He had a brain, too.

“Look at me!”

Daehyun looked up, his face looking sorry, but Jinhwa caught the defiant twinkle in his eye.

“Sorry, Yongsoo, I’ll watch my moves carefully.”

Yongsoo sighed. Daehyun was the youngest among them, being the only second year, so he would probably take over as the kingka after they graduated. He wondered what would happen to the school then. Looking out the window overlooking the school’s front yard, he had an idea.

“We’ll take now as an example,” he said, motioning Daehyun to join him. “Would you save her, or would you stay here with us?”

Daehyun quickly looked out the window with Yongsoo. What he saw was a pitiful sight. Haneul was backed up against the wall next to the gates. She looked like she was crying. He caught sight of Jiae, notoriously known as the school’s “hitman” (or hitwoman), walking up to her slowly, cracking her knuckles. One of Jiae’s cronies handed her a bat, which she gladly took, and began beating the crap out of Haneul.

“Seems like many girls have paid Jiae to eliminate Haneul,” Yongsoo commented with a small laugh. Jiae was insignificant to him, but Haneul was even lower than that. There were other means to get Eunae’s beloved idol’s signature. What mattered to him was the reputation of the Elite. He couldn’t let Daehyun ruin everything just for one pathetic, nearly mute girl. And he wasn’t quite ready to get rid of Daehyun yet.

Daehyun’s eyes were fixated on the scene outside the window, down at the wall. Jiae was heartless. Yongsoo was heartless. The Elite were all heartless. So he had to be heartless too.

“I’ll stay with you, Yongsoo,” he said after a while, turning his back to the window.

“Good boy, Daehyun.”

***

The lazy day went on for the Beast members as they tried to think of what to do when Haneul got home. Make her do her homework? Take her out to eat? Just then, Yoseob realised something. “Ah, I forgot to give her chopsticks!” He cried, slapping a palm to his forehead.

“I’m not walking back there again!” Dongwoon said, crossing his arms.

“Fine, I’ll do it. Doojoon left for his schedule already anyway.” Junhyung took a pair of chopsticks from the utensil drawer, put them in a small plastic bag and shoved them into his jeans pocket. Grabbing his hoodie, he left the apartment in a hurry, hoping to reach Haneul while it was still lunch period.