Goodbye

Connections

“Get up, get up, get up! It’s seven! Wash up and pack!”

Junhyung mumbled incoherent complaints as Doojoon’s shouts invaded his head and the light was suddenly switched on, shining harshly onto his closed eyes. Seven… that meant that he’d only slept for an hour since returning to the room. He continued to lie on the floor as the others scrambled to the bathroom.

After a while, he slowly got up and opened his eyes to let them adjust to the sudden brightness as his hands shuffled around for his glasses. The room was missing Kikwang and Hyunseung, meaning that the two were taking their “princess” time in the bathroom. Damn, why did I let those two go first, they’ll take forever.

As he was slowly waking up, Doojoon - who was already dressed to leave - brushed by him, placing the folded blankets and duvets in a corner. “Yong Junhyung, since they’re going to take some time, help us fold the rest,” he called, a calm yet unfeeling tone taking over his voice.

Junhyung felt uneasy. Doojoon hardly called him by his full name, unless he was mad about something, and it was pretty obvious to him what he was mad about. Without a word, he went over to his own makeshift bed, folding each cloth separately. Dongwoon and Yoseob were doing the same, but somewhere halfway they started hitting each other with the pillows.

“YAH! Stop it!” Doojoon snapped, snatching the pillows from them and placing them on top of the pile of duvets. “We have to leave soon, so whoever hasn’t washed up, go and force Hyunseung and Kikwang to come out.”

Seeing as he was the last one who hadn’t been to the bathroom, Junhyung knew the order was directed at him and did as he was told. “Yah! Lee Kikwang, Jang Hyunseung, get OUT and let me IN!” He shouted as he banged on the door, not really caring who he woke up now. It wasn’t like him to be so loud, especially when not in his own house, but he was pissed off. Why was he pissed off? He didn’t know, but he hated it when Doojoon was mad at him. They were good friends after all. Kikwang opened the door, and seeing Junhyung’s annoyed face, his eyes opened as wide as saucepans like they did so often and quickly dragged a complaining Hyunseung out, a bunch of his cosmetic stuff in hand. Junhyung went in and nearly slammed the door, grumpy and groggy. He brushed his teeth, changed, and running a hand through his messy bed hair, he decided he looked good enough to leave.

Back in the room, Junhyung placed his phone and other belongings into his pockets, checking that he had everything. The others were already heading towards the mini-van. He started to follow, but then he stopped short in front of Haneul’s door. What am I doing, he thought, as he quietly opened the door and peeked inside. Haneul was fast asleep, her hair covering her face as she slept on her side. Taking silent steps, Junhyung walked over to her desk and took out a paper and a pen. He scribbled down a short note and left.

Haneul:
It was nice getting to know you; I hope to see you again.

Junhyung oppa

----

Thank you for being so patient~ ^____^ I was away at camp!