A dream

Connections

 

 

Hooray!! A new chapter!!! And not another silly short story :>

I've been into short stories lately, forgive me :< (I'm still writing another one lol)

ENJOY~

-------

Doojoon sat on the couch, head in his hands. It was nearly midnight and he was the only one awake. Or at least he thought he was, until Yoseob suddenly appeared and sat down on his right.

“Aren’t you cold?”

“No,” he replied curtly.

“What’s the matter?”

Doojoon shifted uncomfortably in his seat. He sighed, and leaned back as he stared blankly ahead. “Seobbie, what am I doing wrong?”

Yoseob stared at him. “What are you talking about?”

He sighed. “What has Haneul done to deserve all this? Somehow I feel like I’m the root cause. If I had convinced my parents not to send her there, or maybe if I wasn’t an idol… then maybe she’d be safe. At the least, I’d be able to protect her.”

He heard Yoseob inhale sharply before he answered. “Doojoonie, sometimes some things just don’t go our way. Sometimes, bad things happen to make way for better things. That’s what I believe, and I think that’s what you should believe too. Just sitting around and thinking about ‘what ifs’ is not going to help.”

Closing his eyes with another heavy sigh, Doojoon realised that Yoseob was right.

“Now, go back in and get some sleep. Junhyung gave up his extra blanket for you to sleep on so that you wouldn’t end up with a backache like he did. The least you could do is use it.” Yoseob spoke gently, giving him a pat on the shoulder before returning to the room.

Doojoon followed right after. Perhaps it wouldn’t be as long a night as he had originally thought.

***

“Haaaaaneeuuuul~”

Haneul woke up with Yoseob just a little bit too close, looking straight into her eyes. She was sleeping in Doojoon’s bed, so they were next to each other. “EEYAH!” She squeaked, immediately wriggling away and pulling the covers over her head. “Oppa! Don’t do that!”

Yoseob chuckled and patted her on the head. “Wake up, sleepy head, you’re the last one.”

“I don’t want to~”

“Hey, what’s the commotion about? Yoseob, get back down, you’re needed outside.” Through the covers, Haneul could hear Junhyung’s voice. It made her heart skip a beat.

She felt movement beside her as Yoseob jumped down from the upper bunk, earning a scold from Junhyung. Thinking that they would both leave, Haneul closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep with the covers over her head.

***

Junhyung stealthily climbed up to the upper bunks. He hadn’t actually been up there before, since his bed was on the lower bunk. Either way, he sat himself beside Haneul and smiled at the figure hiding under the covers. “Haneul-ah, you can’t sleep forever.”

“I don’t want to wake up…”

“Why? Were you having a good dream?” He chuckled, leaning against the wall.

“Y-yes.”

“What was it about, then?”

“I-I won’t t-tell.”

Grinning to himself, he wondered why she was acting so shy about her dream. “Aw come on, tell me!” He said as he gave her a little poke.

“Eek! N-no!” She said with a giggle.

“If you don’t tell me I’ll make sure the tickle monster gets you!” He had no idea where he was suddenly getting these childish ideas, but it was fun. “Roar!” He shouted as he poked the squirming figure beneath the covers. He had her in a laughing fit, and she finally pulled the covers off her face.

“So what was it about?”

Once he asked, her entire face turned red and it was getting redder. “Ummm…” She began, obviously not wanting to bring light onto the subject. That only made Junhyung even more curious.

“Tell me, tell me, t-t-t-t-t-tell me~” He sang to her, grinning as he bounced lightly on the bed with the rhythm. Aegyo from nowhere. Great job ruining your reputation, Junhyung, he told himself.

… But she’s just too cute.

“I-it was about you,” she answered, starting to hide behind her hands.

Junhyung’s eyes widened for a split second before returning to normal. She dreamt about me? Ah, but then she’s still a B2uty after all. “What happened in it?” He asked cheerfully.

“We were in a park,” she said, slowly building up her courage. “It was really pretty, and there were cherry blossoms everywhere. There were leaves everywhere on the ground – I guess it was autumn. It got cold when the wind blew, so I… I hid behind you. You smiled and… and… Ahhhhh this is too awkward!” She dived back under the covers and Junhyung laughed.

“You can continue the story like this. I’m starting to like it.”

“Well that’s no good, it’s going to end!”

“Tell me the rest, then.”

“Well… you smiled, and then turned to face me. You suddenly h-hugged me, and I-I felt warmer, and then y-you…”

“Go on,” he prompted, genuinely curious.

“You leaned forward to k-k-kiss me on the forehead, then Yoseob oppa woke me up.” She squirmed. “I think it was because he was near to me so my mind thought it was you in my dream.”

Junhyung smiled. “Let’s go eat breakfast. The rest are waiting.”

As Haneul awkwardly pushed the covers off, Junhyung quickly pressed his lips to her forehead for a second. “Now your dream is finished,” he said with a somewhat triumphant grin before leaving in a hurry, making sure she couldn’t see his bright red face. Aegyo was one thing, but embarrassing himself? A big no-no.