Suspicions

Connections

 

Junhyung woke up feeling hungry. Clenching his growling stomach, he checked the digital clock on the wall. Monday, 11:53AM, he read. He stumbled his way out of the room, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes like a child.

“Junhyung-ah, you’re finally awake.”

Taking his hand away from his face, Junhyung looked blearily in the direction of the voice. It was Doojoon, lying on the floor with his head on Dongwoon’s lap as they watched TV. Someone’s lap always has to be his pillow, Junhyung commented with a scoff in his head.

“Yah, stop staring blankly like that and go wash up. We all thought you had fallen sick or something, sleeping for two whole days.”

Junhyung did as he was told without any objection. After sleeping for so long, you’d think he’d be refreshed, but honestly he just wanted to sleep some more. I need food, he told himself as he washed his face to wake himself up. Trudging to the kitchenette of their dorm, he was surprised to find food on the table, along with an eating Hyunseung. “You’re finally awake,” he commented, as he looked the messy Junhyung up and down with his bright eyes. “Your food’s in the fridge.”

Nodding, Junhyung got out some take-away food from the fridge. It seemed to be a day old, but he didn’t really care. Wolfing down everything in the packet, he looked to Hyunseung, who was still eating.

“Got any more?”

[This short Junhyung POV is two days before Haneul met Daehyun, sorry for the confusion. Can’t have Junhyung sleeping for five days can we XD Now back to where we left Haneul.]

***

Haneul followed Daehyun, looking curiously about her as they headed for the students’ lounge. She’d never been to this part of the school before. It was said that the students’ lounge used to be available to all students, until some rich people came along and claimed it as their own. Haneul supposed that Daehyun was one of them.

When Daehyun opened the door for her, she was greeted by the sight of four others known to be the school’s elite. “Haneul, meet Yongsoo, Eunae, Hyunwoo and Jinhwa,” he introduced, pointing to the respective people once they had entered the room. Yongsoo, the leader as well as the most popular boy in school, regarded her with slight amusement while the rest stared at her intently. Haneul was starting to feel frantic as her gaze dropped to her feet, but Daehyun quickly stepped in. “Haneul, why don’t we go somewhere else to talk?” He suggested kindly, taking her hand and leading her towards another door in the room. She followed silently, feeling the stares of the others bearing a hole in her back. As she stepped through the door, she didn’t see Daehyun wink to Yongsoo as he closed it. Neither did she hear the whispers coming from Hyunwoo and Eunae.

“Do you think she’s really Yoon Doojoon’s sister?”

“We’ll just have to wait and see.”

----

Sorry for the short chapter OTL working on another