A plan

Connections

“Oppa~” Haneul was beside Junhyung on his left, having opened the door to get them out. She lightly poked Dongwoon’s cheek, then Junhyung’s. “Dongwoon oppa, Junhyung oppa, wake up~ Hyunseung oppa and Kikwang oppa need to get out~” She blew out her cheeks in frustration when they didn’t respond, making the others laugh.

“Haneul-ah, if you can’t wake them up, just let me kick their seats, then we can go!” Hyunseung huffed impatiently from behind the sleeping rapper, but Haneul shook her head. She stared hard at Junhyung’s closed eyes and called him again, but still no response. Hyunseung sighed and kicked the seat roughly, making Junhyung jerk forward, and because Haneul was facing him, their lips touched for a brief moment. The boys watched Haneul’s face get redder and redder as she let out a loud “eep” and ran off towards the lift. Yoseob laughed loudly and ran after her.

Kikwang laughed louder than Yoseob did when he saw that the colour of Junhyung’s face matched Haneul’s before she ran off. “It’s like a drama,” he grinned.

“Shut up,” Junhyung muttered, getting out of the car and letting the rest out. “We are NOT letting Doojoon know about this.” They made their way to the lift, moving slowly for the sleepy Dongwoon to catch up.

***

Yoseob chuckled as he got into the lift with Haneul, who was still red in the face. “Calm down, Haneul-ah, we can’t let your Doojoon oppa know, okay?” Haneul nodded to show that she understood, but she ended up getting redder from thinking about it. Yoseob laughed once more and patted her head gently. He had a liking for the girl since the day she arrived at the dorm; not in the way Junhyung obviously was, but like he really was her brother. She pouted, still flustered. “Come on, if you keep this up I’ll have to lie to Doojoon…” he said, becoming serious as the lift quickly approached their floor. Haneul took a few breaths as they exited the lift and entered the apartment.

***

Doojoon heard the sound of the door opening, and looked up from the television screen. It was Haneul and Yoseob. He put on a smile for Haneul, and told her to get some rest.

“But oppa, I slept the whole time in the hospital. I’ll watch TV with you,” she smiled as she plopped down on the sofa beside him and rested her head on his shoulder.

Doojoon smiled as he wrapped an arm around his sister and gave her a kiss on the forehead. He looked to Yoseob and mouthed, “Later I’ll buy lunch”, to which Yoseob nodded.

He stared blankly at the television, not really paying attention to the show. He tried not to show it, but Haneul’s incident had affected him badly. The night before, he couldn’t sleep, and spent hours searching for a new school for Haneul - one that she could travel to easily from their hometown, but nowhere near her current school. At about 3AM, when even Junhyung was asleep, he managed to compile a short list of possible schools. And during the car ride home, he had considered calling his parents to tell them what happened and that he was handling it, but he didn’t want them to worry. They were probably having fun spending time together. They hadn’t even called to ask if everything was fine.

“…Oppa?”

“Yes?” He turned to face Haneul.

“I’m… hungry,” she said, embarrassedly placing a hand over her stomach. “The hospital food was disgusting,” she added.

“Sure, I’ll go buy you lunch.” He said as he got up from the sofa. “Seob-ah, what do you want for lunch?” He called as he poked his head into the bedroom.

“Wow, you only ask Yoseob and didn’t even think about us? What a nice leader,” Junhyung said sarcastically as everyone laughed.

“I- I didn’t even notice you guys come in,” Doojoon said as he scratched his head.

“Come on, I’ll go with you. I was going to go buy lunch anyway.” Junhyung pulled a hoodie out of the closet and put it on, since Haneul was still wearing his favourite one. Grabbing his wallet, he slipped on his shoes and left the apartment, with Doojoon following closely behind.

***

“So… what’s going on in that head of yours?”

The two friends walked leisurely down the empty road. Doojoon was silent again, and Junhyung really wanted to find out what he was thinking. It wouldn’t do if their leader was drowning in remorse that shouldn’t even exist.

Doojoon didn’t answer.

Junhyung stopped walking and held Doojoon back with a pull on his sleeve. “Hey, stop doing this to yourself.”

Doojoon hesitated a moment before turning to face Junhyung. “If I tell you, will you help me?”

Junhyung frowned. He didn’t like where this was going, but he nodded and let go of Doojoon’s sleeve. They continued walking, and Doojoon took out a piece of paper containing a list of high schools. “I want to find Haneul a new school.”

“Is that what you were doing the whole time last night?” Junhyung asked in disbelief.

Doojoon ignored him. “First stop, the grocer’s.”

“Grocer’s?”

They soon reached the shop in question, and Doojoon called for the owner’s son. “Soohyun-ah, could you please do me a favour? Buy these things and then deliver them to my place. Remember to go the long way so you aren’t seen by the fans.” He handed the boy, who couldn’t have been any older than Haneul, some money. “Here’s the money, and keep the change. By the way, how’s school?”

Doojoon and the shopkeeper’s son continued to chat for a while as Junhyung began to wonder around the shop. It was a simple grocery, and would have lost out to the nearby supermarkets if the owner wasn’t renowned for his fresh produce. Junhyung had begun playing with a children’s toy that was on display when Doojoon grabbed his arm and left the store in a hurry. As they walked further down the street, Junhyung looked back and saw the Soohyun kid racing off to somewhere on a bicycle.

“Where are we going now, since mister Soohyun over there is buying their lunch?” He asked with a raised brow.

“First on my list is Soohyun’s school. He’s a good kid, and he says it’s great there. I want to see if it’s suitable for my Haneul.”

Your Haneul?” Junhyung laughed, but Doojoon continued dragging him and walked even faster. “Hey, hey, slow down!”

They went from school to school, and soon Junhyung began seeing it as a mission rather than something Doojoon was forcing him to do. He wanted the best for Haneul, too.

 

-------

You are all rewarded with a loooong chapter! XD Thanks for commenting and subscribing <3

Love you all!

Wish me luck in my exams x__x